• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rui Costa Discussion Thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
EnacheV said:
White shorts = horrible :(
I disagree. Sometimes it's nice.

bettini.jpg

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Arredondo said:
You think this is better?

qatar-st5-2012-mark-cavendish-wins_2715943.jpg

infinite better

Rui Costa kit is all white (helm, gloves, bike, long shorts), to me it looks horrible.

Netserk's guy also looks ok, maybe because bike, gloves are black, helm is only half white, shorts are shorter, not till knees.

EnacheV said:
infinite better

Rui Costa kit is all white (helm, gloves, bike, long shorts), to me it looks horrible.

Netserk's guy also looks ok, maybe because bike, gloves are black, helm is only half white, shorts are shorter, not till knees.

While I agree that Cavendish's kit with the black shorts is better - also see Evans' kit as World Champ:

Cadel_Evans_1620851c.jpg

But did you really just refer to Paolo Bettini as "Netserk's guy"?!

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
canyonball said:
Also...that article says Tour of Beijing will be his last race. But yesterday there was an interview with him at RTP (radio televisão portuguesa) and the reporter finished the piece by saying Rui Costa's program is Lombardia-Tour of Beijing-"a race in Japan" (which I assume is Japan Cup)

So...the race is not Japan Cup. I assumed wrong. He will take part on Saitama Criterium together with Valverde, Castroviejo and Amador. So this will effectively be is last "competition" for Movistar. Link

As discussed upthread kit is team shorts or shorts that match the colour of the jersey (whatever that means).

I''m all for black shorts. Garmin shorts on Hushovd's also worked quite nicely.

Libertine Seguros said:
While I agree that Cavendish's kit with the black shorts is better - also see Evans' kit as World Champ:

Cadel_Evans_1620851c.jpg

This.

Gilbert also used this style for a while this season. It certainly is better than all white shorts.

Also sad to see Costa is gaining his first illogical fanboys . . . Costa never really did full domestique work and that is a fact. Some work here, some work there but never putting everything into it like a real dom does.

Libertine Seguros said:

Cadel_Evans_1620851c.jpg

That was, and is, an illegal design. The world champion has to go with either white shorts or team shorts.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Echoes said:
It's official. CN forum is for ignorant people.

It's for idiots also but i'm at peace with this reality.

All white is horrible, i hope Lampre has a better taste PR guy who can give Costa some fashion advice.

BigMac said:
Not at all.

I don't think i ever met him in the forum either.

Why do you ask, Hitch?

EDIT: Went to search for some posts made by that user. Do i look as biased as him? :eek:

It was tongue in cheek. Posting style was very different, but point was he fanboyed full on one Portugese rider (mostly as a joke) , and then as soon as he was banned you join the forum and do it for a different one.

The Hitch said:
It was tongue in cheek. Posting style was very different, but point was he fanboyed full on one Portugese rider (mostly as a joke) , and then as soon as he was banned you join the forum and do it for a different one.

For the record, i am not a fanboy of Rui Costa.

I fanboy VV and VV only. ;)