• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rujano can win this Giro, believes Savio

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
OT. Little sorry.

My brother and I thought for a while that he was our next Herrera.

Not that he was clean but most likely the emergence of EPO in Europe killed his dreams. He probably did not get the full advantage from doping.

Armstrong referred to Mejia as not being determined enough.

mejia had manys physical problems. one of them which made him unable to accelerate. so he could only ride tempo and indeed the epo period hurt him a lot as before 1992 he was one of the biggest talents colombia had seen perhaps.

roundabout said:
So riders in Colombia are using something as untestable as EPO was in 1995.

Yeah, apples to pears.

So logic isn't your thing. The point wasn't to make an issue about what was or was not available to Colombians in 1995 or a sample comparison of the testing regime in place then (since NO EPO was available for ANYONE, but I digress this isn't about that fact). The point was that pointing out that no Colombians tested postive in year 'x' doesn't mean that that fact, in and of itself, means that Colombians are clean racers or that no Colombians were using PEDs---which is the implication of Ryo's point. Hrotha's counter example(s) demonstrates that this formulation is a logical fallacy.

Make sense now?

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
:/ Venezuelan riders are not clean, I know this! I ride with some ex profis in my master A Cat. he even chats with Jackson via BB, I usually make training rides with some cyclist from loteria del Zulia. so please stop your crazy fanboysm

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I can't even see him, never mind his form.
Hope your form will last the 3 weeks, at the pace you are setting.

Today didn't suit Rujano at all and he was in the group of 18. A good day for him for sure.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I am curious about the motivation thing...is this real? I mean I find it hard to believe that a guy (any guy) would lack the proper motivation to consistenty do his best in all stages. I mean, I don't think Rujano is thinking "I just don't want to give it my all today"...makes no sense. Ryo...can you shed some light on this? Thanks!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
his problem is that when it doesn't go his way he completely stops with everything including training. this was especially problem in the past. the guy is also uncoachable. his trainer at isd would give him trainingsschedules but he would never train according to them. when he didn't feel like it he would ride back to his home. he needs extreme motivation and last yera it was winning the giro, when isd wasn't invited he lost all until vuelta colombia came but he started training too late and this year he also had motivation to win giro so he trained a lot for strong base and his team was indeed invited. you can clearly see rujano is now more motivated than ever. just look at how well he sits at the front of stages that don't suit him. rujano was beaming with pride after etna stage and he believes he win the next stages

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
his problem is that when it doesn't go his way he completely stops with everything including training. this was especially problem in the past. the guy is also uncoachable. his trainer at isd would give him trainingsschedules but he would never train according to them. when he didn't feel like it he would ride back to his home. he needs extreme motivation and last yera it was winning the giro, when isd wasn't invited he lost all until vuelta colombia came but he started training too late and this year he also had motivation to win giro so he trained a lot for strong base and his team was indeed invited. you can clearly see rujano is now more motivated than ever. just look at how well he sits at the front of stages that don't suit him. rujano was beaming with pride after etna stage and he believes he win the next stages

Thanks! That sheds light on his personality.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
also that contador started here couldn't have been better for rujano. it's the biggest motivation he could have as he considers him the only climber better than him and wants to see what he can do.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
LanterneRouge

Every one knows that Androni has been helping Alberto. Saxo is weak in the mountains & both teams have different goals. (PSST. See how Jose serpa led Hizzoner Albert all the way?!) Rujano could win KOM, but GRAL? MiNoSabo

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
androni want to win giro, nothing else. savio has podiumed and won stages many times. but never won the giro. same for rujano has has already done everything in giro except winning.