• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Søren Kragh Andersen AKA "Mr. Andersen"

Maybe. He seems to be coming into his own the last few years, although I think he will be best known for his nickname!

A quality rider but maybe at age 25 or so, he is what he is. But I defer to the Danes on the board. I Googled him and didn't realize that there was a much more famous Kragh Andersen...by the way, how do you pronounce his surname: Crag, Cray, Crah? Or something else?

:rolleyes:

You must be the heir of Echoes.

And Soeren is not English, just wrong.

Could a mod please correct the spelling? Typos in thread titles are usually avoided.

"Oe" is the proper way to translate the Danish letter "Ø" - that is an indisputable fact and thus not debatable.

If you wish to debate it none the less, fell free to PM me, rather than polluting the thread with it :)

Reactions: Bolder
Also please to change the KRAKEN reference o_O. Thank you in advance :confused_old:.

Here is why it makes no sense because the sea monster name is pronounced in a totally different way to the cyclist's name :oops:. So that nickname is really weak and not a good look imho :).

Last edited:
ok I get it if you mean
419px-Corvus_cornix_%28PD%29.jpg

but not if you mean
53376691.jpg.0.jpg

This nonsense clearly shows that he doesn't deserve his own thread. If all we can argue about is how to write his name in English, he must not be much of a rider.

That aside, as a native English speaker who works as an editor in Europe, I can say with 100 percent certainty that you render umlauts etc with an extra "e" if you do not have the proper accent mark on your comptuer. So Sören becomes Soeren etc....

Reactions: Broccolidwarf

TRENDING THREADS