• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Samuel Samu Sanchez official awesomness thread.

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It could be awesome if Samu is motivated and firing for the Vuelta! If Andy, AC and Samu are all fired up and ready it could be a real treat this year, especially after the last few "GT's". The rest of the field would be racing for 4th :D

On that note, is Gesink going to have a go at the Vuelta too?

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Quick fact of the day, Sammy finished only once outside if the top ten at either the World or the three Grand Tours since 2005 Vuelta. The only time was at the 2008 World, but hey, he won the Olympic Gold that year. :eek::eek::eek:

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Sanchez just chrashed in Tour du Poitou-Charentes and AGAIN he seem to have broken his collar bone:

Abandon de Samuel Sanchez (Euskaltel-Euskadi), victime d'une chute. L'ancien Champion Olympique s'est visiblement cassé la clavicule.

(google-translated: Abandonment of Samuel Sanchez (Euskaltel-Euskadi), the victim of a fall. The former Olympic champion was visibly broken collarbone.)

http://direct.directvelo.com/live-course/1441/tour-du-poitou-charentes-3e-etape-2-1.html

1115_tho_0092.jpg

Cimber said:
Sanchez just chrashed in Tour du Poitou-Charentes and AGAIN he seem to have broken his collar bone:

Abandon de Samuel Sanchez (Euskaltel-Euskadi), victime d'une chute. L'ancien Champion Olympique s'est visiblement cassé la clavicule.

(google-translated: Abandonment of Samuel Sanchez (Euskaltel-Euskadi), the victim of a fall. The former Olympic champion was visibly broken collarbone.)

http://direct.directvelo.com/live-course/1441/tour-du-poitou-charentes-3e-etape-2-1.html

1115_tho_0092.jpg

What?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :( :(

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Damn, he should have been in the vuelta:(

So now also no WC for him. It would have been something for him.

I hope he gets better soon.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
the Inner Ring ‏@inrng
Injury to Samuel Sanchez's collarbone after crash but seems it's not broken. He needs to rest, via @qiglesias and @cobblesandhills

Hopefully not serious then.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
cineteq said:
He's better off with Giro/Vuelta combo. He can't compete in the big league anymore.

I don't see him ride the giro, euskatel doesn't care too much about that race.

And I want to ride him the tour, with him you've some more excitement. At least he unlike VDB or Gesink attacks and tries to do something despite the desperate situation and aims for a stage win.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Class, nuff said

Miburo said:
I don't see him ride the giro, euskatel doesn't care too much about that race.

And I want to ride him the tour, with him you've some more excitement. At least he unlike VDB or Gesink attacks and tries to do something despite the desperate situation and aims for a stage win.

I'd love to see him do Giro/Vuelta double next year. He has said he would like to participate in the Giro again, but if/when no one knows

nvpacchi said:
Class, nuff said

I'd love to see him do Giro/Vuelta double next year. He has said he would like to participate in the Giro again, but if/when no one knows

If he had been given his chance at this years tour, final shot at giving it all, he might have. But seeing an inferior cyclist like Nibali get the podium must hurt so i think hell go for tour one last time. Will probably be a bit too old though.

The Hitch said:
If he had been given his chance at this years tour, final shot at giving it all, he might have. But seeing an inferior cyclist like Nibali get the podium must hurt so i think hell go for tour one last time. Will probably be a bit too old though.
What makes Nibali an inferior rider compared to Samu?

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:

what evidences constitute Nibali as an inferior cyclist?? Your personal impression?