• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saturday, June 30 - Tour de France, Prologue: Liege - Liege, 6,4 km

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
wanted to see Cancellara's ride again so i checked out the cyclingnews highlight video..
:D:D
thats a pro move! choosing someone who barely speaks english to sum up the action! chapeau

Everyone in the top 20 was good.

Congrats to Cancellara- that was domineering. I got so annoyed when Wiggins went so well ( scary ). I feel sad for Martin and Chavanel as 1 expected to win and the other was winning.

Levi, JVDB and Valverde surprised as to how bad they were.

In 07 Cadel lost 36 seconds to Cancellara- this year he only lost 17- which is good.

goggalor said:
Or he didn't have a chance to examine the stage placings very closely. :rolleyes: In the interview on the frontpage he mentions Menchov as a contender.

How can he say only 1 contender finished ahead of him if he hasn't checked who finished ahead of him? That would be even more idiotic than merely underrating menchov.

Him mentioning menchov as a contender elsewhere is consistent with how he first said contador was not a contender then said he was. Like some other riders he does seem to contradict himself.depending on the interview.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Evans did though finish very highly in that stage 1 Monaco tt a few years back which was no prologue but no long tt neither.

And that was his worst tour.

I think that one had a hill in it which really helped evans and was 15km.
Even schlecks could top 20 if I'm not wrong.
Evans looked pretty good at the first part like at verbier but he just faded after that.

let's put away, for a minute al least, all the hate and blah blah about RSNT and JB and unpayd riders and poor team management (but we don't forget it, don't misunderstand me)

just think how happy and relieved must all the soigneurs and mechanics and all the people behind the riders be now, with the yellow jersey and the prologue victory. say what you want, but a day in the maillot jaune is worth a lot.

i am very happy for them, because behind the scandals and the bad news on the team, there are people working in the background, not involved in any of the bad news we heard, and sickness and poor form etc.
well done Fabian, you and your team deserved it

Calm down- it was probably the English media who edited his words/ he made a mistake ( though it would look foolish if Menchov won the TDF ).

@Pastronef- unless if disaster strikes Cancellara should hold the jersey for a while- as i doubt Wiggins, Chavanel and TJVG ( who will work for Cadel ) will gain any time on Cancellara on stage 1 and after that he could keep it till stage 7.

Those who have started in 2004 in 2012 in yesterday's order with 2004 in brackets:

1 (1) Fabian Cancellara
3 (52) Sylvain Chavanel
8 (77) Denis Menchov
18 (7) Jens Voigt
19 (24) Andreas Klöden
22 (10) George Hincapie
35 (89) Christian Vandevelde
40 (78) Mikel Astarloza Chaurreau
50 (56) Haimar Zubeldia
61 (121) Michael Rogers
67 (3) José I.Gutierrez Palacios
80 (13) Levi Leipheimer
78 (21) Danilo Hondo
98 (30) Vladimir Karpets
70 (31) Bert Grabsch
44 (32) Stuart O'Grady
88 (73) Sandy Casar
90 (70) Ivan Basso
101 (43) Bernhard Eisel
108 (97) Nicki Sørensen
109 (141) Thomas Voeckler
123 (42) Jimmy Engoulvent
124 (59) Alessandro Petacchi
125 (61) Dmitri Fofonov
129 (41) Michele Scarponi
139 (60) David Moncoutié
142 (81) Baden Cooke
144 (160) Karsten Kroon
171 (144) Samuel Dumoulin
181 (81) Jérôme Pineau
182 (55) Yuriy Krivtsov
183 (176) Egoi Martínez

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Because you haven't made a mistake before?:rolleyes: You are a tool!

This is the most ridiculous comment. By nature we are all flawed therefore we are not allowed to criticise. Anyone. Ever. You keep putting over me that i am a fanboy of this rider and that but i dont shy away from the fact that samu makes idiotic comments as does contador sastre etc. Point out that Evans did something stupid however and you get met with hordes of *** arguments about how people should be immune from criticism.

Btw next time you go attacking whatever politicians it is you while away the days tweeting, remember that by your own standards you have no right to judge them because you too have your flaws.

Evans said a stupid thing.. Grow up and out of this bubble about how a guy who tortures himself for a.living is perfect in every way and have the balls to admit it when he said stupid things.