• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Scarponi

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
del1962 said:
You are right, I thought at first it was some thought of confession, but in reality he is admitting to nothing except a couple of tests with a doctor he claims he did not know was banned.

hmm he'd not heard of Ferrari possibly being a suspect character - its an eezy mistaker to make..
Obviously when Ferrari said you'd have won it with a bag Scarponi was shocked ! livid that Ferrari would suggest anything of the sort... - That bit's probably just not been printed..:rolleyes:

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Arnout said:
If cyclists only need one bag to win these days, that might be progress...
Exactly but it puts a different inference on what is currently being touted as a 'cleaner peleton' by cleaner you'd hope that it mean't less riders doping - not that it's the same percentage just that the overall quantity has gone down.
This infers only a change in doping practices in order to not get caught cheating..

Tom375 said:
Exactly but it puts a different inference on what is currently being touted as a 'cleaner peleton' by cleaner you'd hope that it mean't less riders doping - not that it's the same percentage just that the overall quantity has gone down.
This infers only a change in doping practices in order to not get caught cheating..

True. That's the major criticism of the blood passport, and I think it is valid to ask questions like that. I'm afraid though that there is no better way to go, there is no test that will 100% guarantee all positive riders will be caught at all times. I think the blood passport actually is a great idea with an extremely poor execution in the hands of the current UCI. I think the major thing right now is keep pushing until we can force a change in the UCI and those practices may become a lot harder still.

del1962 said:
Scarponi admits to doping with Ferrari

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/scarponi-admits-tests-with-dr-ferrari-to-doping-investigators

EDIT : From what I read of the statement is he admitting to doping or just wroking with Ferrari, is he trying to weasel his way out of dope allegations and just say he contacted ferrari or have I read it wrong?

Scarponi couldn't have doped in 2010. According to Garmin's reformed doper brigade the peloton stopped the practice in 2006.

Just a box of vitamins and a brochure on yoga exercises.

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Scarponi couldn't have doped in 2010. According to Garmin's reformed doper brigade the peloton stopped the practice in 2006.

They've legalised yoga?:D

Dazed and Confused said:

That is a misrepresentation of what Garmin's lot have said. But this thread is not about Garmin but Scarponi, and there has been some significant news on his front today.

del1962 said:
That is a misrepresentation of what Garmin's lot have said. But this thread is not about Garmin but Scarponi, and there has been some significant news on his front today.

Yes, surprising news. A rider with a doping history continues to dabble with whatever gave him a bit of super powers. And all of this in a period of a clean peloton.

Now if the Padua investigation can throw up some new names we may get someplace.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Tom375 said:
Ferrari 'you'd have won it (Giro) if you'd had a bag' - Just one bag? - Is that all it takes these days? Is that what people mean by cleaner peleton? - Just one bag will do it..

yes one bag. and they are also smaller then they used to be. I think 300cc instead of 500? something I read. so yeah the peloton is getting much cleaner.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Red Rick said:
The dutch article states that Scarponi literally said to Ferrari: "I could've won if i had another bloodbag".

You could also translate it to "I could've won if I still had a bloodbag".

Not sure if the phone transcripts have been published, I guess you have to read those to know what he really said to Ferrari.

TRENDING THREADS