• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Sepp Kuss is the next Sepp Kuss thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ED9EgY6X4AELdZr.jpg:large

Reactions: Red Rick
Looking forward to see if Sepp can at least get Roglic to the base of the final climb today. He's the best US climber since...Dombrowski? TJ?

I'm curious to see how his career develops. Maybe, if all goes well, try his luck as a GC contender in TdS or Dauphine? He's really, really slight, like Bardet slight, so perhaps not suited for a grand tour, but a mountainous week long stage race could suit him. On the other hand Jumbo will need lots of mountain helpers next year...
As I mentioned in another thread,
Great win, I hope he goes to the Tour next year.
He will surely be a key mountain domestique for Roglic and Dumoulin in the next years.
He might also be leader in races without a time trial like Volta a Catalunya.

He’s a pretty solid TTer when he is riding for a win. He whipped TJVG in the Utah TT a year or so back.

Reactions: CJCycling
Kuss: “It’s an incredible day”

Sepp Kuss (Jumbo-Visma): “It’s pretty big I guess. Obviously it hasn’t quite sunk in but it’s an incredible day. We knew Astana and Movistar would try to put some guys in the break. When I saw Soler and Izagirre go, I followed because they are strong riders that could help for some tactical play later. When the gap went out, it was enough to go for the stage win. I knew the first kilometres of the climb were the hardest so I tried to be in a good position from the bottom. I felt really good and I wanted to ride my own rhythm, not play mind games. As a team, we’ve shown we have the numbers when it’s a selected group. We’re always where we need to be. And we have the strongest rider, that’s what’s the most important! I think the passion of the fans is what makes La Vuelta so special. They’re enthusiastic in your good days and also when you have a bad day, giving you pushes up the climbs when you’re 30 minutes behind. The fans are really special and that’s what makes cycling such an incredible sport.”

57ccd

Reactions: perico

TRENDING THREADS