• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Shane Sutton - Team Sky coach

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
del1962 said:
If any of you bothered to read the article you will find he is not leaving sky just changes his role, thats if you can get past you faux outrage

EDIT: Apparently its old new aswell, so the faux outrage looks even more dumb

This has been known for a while, but they still buried the official announcement under the pile of Lance news. It makes it more suspicious than it already was.

Cycle Chic said:
From http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/21032201

I take it that means Shane doesnt approve of her 'spitting in the soup'.

Pathetic.
Quoting out of context again.

"My main thing is that we'll see someone follow in her footsteps, and we've already started to see that in the shape of Eleanor Barker. She's already emulated Nicole's time in winning the world junior title.

"You know these girls look to Nicole as an inspiration and hopefully that's the legacy that I'd like to see people look at from Nicole, not what she said in a press conference.

"I've lived in Wales a long time and I think the Welsh community should applaud Nicole for what she's achieved."

He also says:
"Alongside [Marianne] Vos now and [Jeannie] Longo, Nicole's the greatest women's road cyclist of all time,"
Although the JL reference will probably not be taken on face value and be interpreted to mean something totally different by some.

Sutton Omerta

Out of context...?? I dont think so.

He is saying that he hopes her achievements are remembered NOT her comments on anti-doping.

And then to really put his foot in it he mentions the female Lance..JEANNIE LONGO.

Has her doping husband been brought to trial yet ??

Although CN does a good job in trying to minimise Leinder's role by describing it as a part-time.

You know, it was actually a job share with the lady on reception. Leinders would come in one afternoon a week and answer the phones.

It would be nice if the mainstream media were to pick up on Nelissen's confession.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
Although CN does a good job in trying to minimise Leinder's role by describing it as a part-time.

You know, it was actually a job share with the lady on reception. Leinders would come in one afternoon a week and answer the phones.

It would be nice if the mainstream media were to pick up on Nelissen's confession.

this is a joke

CyclingNews.com said:
Leinders (sic) was released by the team at the end of last season, before it unveiled its new “zero-tolerance” anti-doping policy.

Sky started the team with a so called '“zero-tolerance” anti-doping policy'!

Nice of CN to do a Sky PR job for them. That'll get the CN hacks some Sky freebies.

Benson showing that his promises post-reasoned decision were as worthless as the biopassport and an anti-doping pledge.

Maybe he can show us all how anti-doping he is by engaging in some twitter trolling. That's the kind of cutting edge hard hitting new journalism we want to see from CN.

Once a fanboy always a fanboy.

Still a nice free trip to Argentina for the giggling one.

Ferminal said:
Of course it's not, the anti-doping policy hasn't been responsible for any employee movements.

It's the usual post Olympics shake up. From the BC track staff, Matt Parker has gone to rugby, Dan Hunt ias now a Sky DS, Steve Peters has gone to athletics/Liverpool and Jan van Eijden is expected to be taking some time out. That's some holes that need to be filled and Sutton was doing very little for Sky anyway (he was 'Head Coach', but Kerrison and Ellingworth are the actual coaches)
He's still on the payroll for Sky, though.

Mellow Velo said:
It does indeed.
Which, in itself adds more confusion.
Can't see how he could join OGE or whoever and remain top of the BC track team........
News to me.

Melo pardon me for being ignorant, but, the British cycling and Ausie appears to be somewhat of an incestuous relationship. Or used to be. Do you understand what I am trying to say? Or am I way off?

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
veganrob said:
Melo pardon me for being ignorant, but, the British cycling and Ausie appears to be somewhat of an incestuous relationship. Or used to be. Do you understand what I am trying to say? Or am I way off?

So British Cycling and Sutton have a very, very close relationship. Why?? Could it be one party knows some incriminating info about the other party and to keep that information private they maintain an excessively close relationship??

There is a grey cloud hanging over Shane Sutton that doesn't seem to go away. He went from a head coach of a gold medal team to a part-time coaching consultant at said team (and some other role at track cycling which is not defined according to BC's website). Now this new report indicates he may or may not be looking for employment overseas. Hmmmm. That's an interesting career development.

veganrob said:

I rode on the Aussie track team under Walsh. The Brits wanted Walsh. They then built a very similar operation in Britan and Sutton took a lot of what he leant on the road and in the team bus to BC.

Walsh doped his inner sanctum of athletes. The rest of us doped together with the scraps we could get out the back of magazines, off rowers and track athletes. The AiS, VIS and the Adelaide institute were awash with drugs.

When I moved to Britain it was all much the same.

It was cheap and nasty back then and very hard to test positive.

But yes BC was and is a direct replica of Charlie's angels.

Go look up Neiwand, Pate and Vinnie to see what long term drug use does to athletes.

Not nice.

Joachim

BANNED
Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
I rode on the Aussie track team under Walsh. .

Course you did, son. Course you did.

Anyhoo, back in realityville, it's pretty clear that Sutton is moving before the ghosts from his past reappear to haunt him. Good on Sky for making moves to clean up cycling.

Joachim said:
Course you did, son. Course you did.

Anyhoo, back in realityville, it's pretty clear that Sutton is moving before the ghosts from his past reappear to haunt him. Good on Sky for making moves to clean up cycling.

But even with Sutton moving on, it does not help to make Sky or BC look any better. And that is a clinic perspective mind you.

Also, no need to attack hog to get your point across.

veganrob said:
But even with Sutton moving on, it does not help to make Sky or BC look any better. And that is a clinic perspective mind you.

Well, is it true or not?

If you leave these statements unchallenged, many folk won't know if its true or not...certainly errors from this quarter are seldom corrected.

veganrob said:

It's ok. I have many friends here who were part of those days and we talk on PM frequently.

We post at free will. Others have a job they're performing and getting paid.

BC used to make many trips to Oz to study their track program.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts