• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Should triathletes be allowed on bikes?

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Granville57 said:
images

Dafuq?

Race Radio said:
Is the word "Fun" mentioned in that article?

A while back I was on a long ride with a friend who used to be a top level Pro (Top 3 at Kona) He was talking about how the culture of Tri's have changed over the years. The comment I remember most was "They do not even drink beer anymore!"

I think they obsess over gear and how many seconds their $$$$ can buy :D
sad and WAY over type A
exactly where is the FUN

"Fun is the one thing that money can't buy" :D just now listening to the Beatles "she's leaving home"...

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:

Richard Phillips, CEO of Pilot Freight Services in Lima, Penn., has completed over 80 triathlons, waking up at 4 a.m. to train before his 10- to 14-hour workdays. He uses a Garmin Vector power meter attached to his bike to measure how forcefully he pedals with each leg. If the meter shows that he is favoring one over the other, he'll practice single-legged drills to balance himself out.

Time that would have been better spent increasing total power output.

One guy bet another guy that he could get triathletes to eat elephant snot if they thought it would make them faster. And the first energy gels were therefore born.

(Anyone remember Leppin? It did taste like elephant snot - or so I'm told).

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
that is one heck of a stomach upset in the making...

But I bet it gives you one wicked burst of energy right before the inevitable sugar crash that leaves you puking your guts out on the side of the road. :D

Race Radio said:

HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!!! Sometimes you feel like peaches, yet sometimes only zesty fudgeberries will do! Gotta be prepared for whatever comes your way. Good thing those are the aerodynamic packaged variety, surely it enhances those nice, aero frames:rolleyes:

Edit: what the hell is going on with those bars? A bottle of shampoo and a dead fish strapped to them??

Fatclimber said:
HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!!! Sometimes you feel like peaches, yet sometimes only zesty fudgeberries will do! Gotta be prepared for whatever comes your way. Good thing those are the aerodynamic packaged variety, surely it enhances those nice, aero frames:rolleyes:

Edit: what the hell is going on with those bars? A bottle of shampoo and a dead fish strapped to them??
Bananas on the extensions and 4x Carmen's Muesli bars on the bars (this suggests that the tri geek in question is Aus).

Would NOT want to be in a 4-5 metre radius when they try and take off those bananas :eek:

TRENDING THREADS