• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Simeoni/Armstrong Tour de France 2004 - stage 18 - video link

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys. A few weeks ago in one of the threads here, a link to the ridicolous Simeoni chasedown episode was posted here. Can't find it anymore here and neither on youtube (or was it vimeo?).

Any help? Thaaanks!

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
la.margna said:
Sorry guys. A few weeks ago in one of the threads here, a link to the ridicolous Simeoni chasedown episode was posted here. Can't find it anymore here and neither on youtube (or was it vimeo?).

Any help? Thaaanks!

A simple "Armstrong Simeoni" search on YouTube used to yield numerous results. Now they're all gone. Hmm.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Been replaced by a Livestrong.com piece on removing pine tar from your hair?

Dave.

Someone asked this same question 2 weeks ago and I found no less than 20 different uploads of the same situation.

I'm not saying you can't find it at all, but damn, that's pretty strange that the incident has been virtually wiped-clean.

I guess they don't want people in the jury pool seeing that damning example of bossism.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Amazing. Another example, yet another, of Google search results appearing to be manipulated to Armstrong's advantage. It's kind of outrageous, really, for a "don't be evil" corporation, one that claims it doesn't do this. (Or do they only claim they've never tested positive?)

Reactions: 86TDFWinner
Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
You're not alone! My guess is that it took some real work for someone to get rid of that many video clips.

HWSNBN has been involved in cleansing for quite some time. He may be paying someone fulltime.

How do you think I first found the truth. IE not a rediculous myth. That was easily accomplished 12 months ago with google.

An advanced searc for phrase HWSNBN and either words drugs or doping these days does not give many hits.

What is needed is a site with all relevant links and info. A site that is secure and pay google to make sure all our links are actual hits. ..... just saying

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Dallas_ said:
HWSNBN has been involved in cleansing for quite some time. He may be paying someone fulltime.

How do you think I first found the truth. IE not a rediculous myth. That was easily accomplished 12 months ago with google.

An advanced searc for phrase HWSNBN and either words drugs or doping these days does not give many hits.

What is needed is a site with all relevant links and info. A site that is secure and pay google to make sure all our links are actual hits. ..... just saying

It's called "building a jury".

Dallas_ said:

There would be plenty of people on the job. The prize position would be maintaining the Wikipedia page.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
There would be plenty of people on the job. The prize position would be maintaining the Wikipedia page.

They probably crap on Greg's page too. I once re-wrote much of Greg Lemond's "Early Career" Section (to make it detailed and accurate) and it's since been edited back to its current idiotic, simplistic version. I included a lot of info about his junior worlds accomplishments, and they've all been taken out. Nice job, PS.

After Floyd revealed the true account of this day it was interesting to note the USPS team car drove up next to Armstrong. Probably telling him to stop being a prat. No doubt it only encouraged him. Nice to see Armstrong smiling afterwards with the zip lips motion. Great day for cycling!

May 5, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
I really don't understand what the big deal is here. It is about time someone cleaned up cycling, and removed all of these bad characters.

After all, wasn't Armstrong quoted as stating:

There should be some sort of law against destroying a sport. Particularly one that pays you.

Dave.

You made my day, Dave!!!! :D
If it weren't so sad... but it's easier to take it with humour!

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Re:

D-Queued said:
blackcat said:
test scores Dave?

Armstrong was a high-school drop out, does not even have a GED.

(he actually did finish apparently... but why spoil a good one...)

His blood & urine test scores, or the lack thereof (i.e. why didn't the UCI do urine tests?).

Someone should post those every five-to-ten posts.

Dave.

Because the Puritans in the sport, especially by the time you get to 2004, didn't trust UCI to do testing.

TRENDING THREADS