• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sinkewitz, positive for rHGH

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
benzwire said:
It's not like these guys have a lucrative career in finance or medicine waiting for them outside of cycling, for the most part they've been riding for half the lives and have no formal education (ie university). It's what they know. Once you've cheated, I would imagine it's not much of a stretch to cheat again, any moral dilemma has already been defeated in the mind.
Kohl did walk, but he obviously has opportunities with modeling and being the white Jay-Z impersonator...:D

thats_racist.gif

benzwire said:
It's not like these guys have a lucrative career in finance or medicine waiting for them outside of cycling, for the most part they've been riding for half the lives and have no formal education (ie university). It's what they know. Once you've cheated, I would imagine it's not much of a stretch to cheat again, any moral dilemma has already been defeated in the mind.
Kohl did walk, but he obviously has opportunities with modeling and being the white Jay-Z impersonator...:D

Yep... and that's the sad part, they don't have anything else to go to beyond riding their bike.

Escarabajo said:
HGH is not Blood Doping.

True, and there are those who suggest hGH is not very effective. I don't know, seems kind of silly to risk "recovery therapy" but not EPO, so I have little doubt hGH wasn't the only PED he was using.

Posted by Ferminal...
<snip>
"True, and there are those who suggest hGH is not very effective. I don't know, seems kind of silly to risk "recovery therapy" but not EPO, so I have little doubt hGH wasn't the only PED he was using. "

sorry to edit down, but I think this hits it. If a rider has the mentality to start right back up with the old program ...you have to suspect that there is more in the tank than just one option. sad but probably true...

I am also suspecting that his is not the only name that will be appearing as a result of the 'new' test. ...sigh, just waiting for another shoe to drop.

theswordsman said:
If I read WADA's IO report for the 2010 Tour de France right, only 33 samples (fewer than that in riders) were tested for HGH. It's just a guess that most of those would be stage winners or jersey wearers. I learned from that report that riders aren't tested nearly as thoroughly as I hoped. A high percentage of blood samples taken are used for Bio Passport only rather than tested for particular substances. When they do test blood for doping products, they still don't spend the money to test them for everything.

It's the UCI, so who knows how they decided to run that test on that sample, but I'd even be surprised if every guy on the 18 Pro Teams was tested for it once since the test came out.

I'll correct myself - it was Anti-Doping Switzerland that got him.
So, he could have been an easy target. Maybe the UCI thought that there is no way that he was going to blood dope, but they were certain that he was on recuperation meds just like most of everybody else and then "bang", they got him.

Why him? Somehow I think that the UCI wanted to get rid of him in the first place. Like they had an agenda.

Now everybody is going to come to the Clinic and start nailing Patrick for what he did, but be careful, HGH is not blood doping, and beware that most of everybody was on some sort of recuperation meds. This could be the last piece of the puzzle for the Biopassport. Now the UCI has complete power on who they want to keep in the pro-peloton or not. Very scary if you ask me.

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
HGH has steroid like effects on the body

flicker said:
Isn't HGH like a health tonic or something? I havne't really heard about HGH causing any health problems. If it, as claimed solve health problems, slow, halt or reverse the aging problem, why would it be banned from competition?
Also since it is a naturally occurring substance I am curious what kind of test is available to find it in the athletes organism.

There was some information on "tennishasasteroidproblem" last year after an American tennis player (Odesnik) got caught importing HGH into Australia.

I am no expert, but from what I have read :

- HGH has "steroid like effects" on the body (builds strength)
- HGH works more slowly than steroids to build strength
- HGH is usually used in tandem with steroids to maximize the effects
- To catch an athlete using HGH is VERY difficult, as it is only detectable for a couple of days after administration (and is normally used outside of competition ,where there isn't as much testing)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
theswordsman said:
If I read WADA's IO report for the 2010 Tour de France right, only 33 samples (fewer than that in riders) were tested for HGH. It's just a guess that most of those would be stage winners or jersey wearers. I learned from that report that riders aren't tested nearly as thoroughly as I hoped. A high percentage of blood samples taken are used for Bio Passport only rather than tested for particular substances. When they do test blood for doping products, they still don't spend the money to test them for everything.

It's the UCI, so who knows how they decided to run that test on that sample, but I'd even be surprised if every guy on the 18 Pro Teams was tested for it once since the test came out.

I'll correct myself - it was Anti-Doping Switzerland that got him.

there's no need to test any rider on any sibstance. it costs way too much money. ther bloodpassport gives uci an idea where and what to look for and they are succesful. cycling is cleaner then it's ever been and the wattages are the proove of that just look at how basso won last years giro and take those same wattages in giro 2006 he would've been 5th.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
So, he could have been an easy target. Maybe the UCI thought that there is no way that he was going to blood dope, but they were certain that he was on recuperation meds just like most of everybody else and then "bang", they got him.

Why him? Somehow I think that the UCI wanted to get rid of him in the first place. Like they had an agenda.

Now everybody is going to come to the Clinic and start nailing Patrick for what he did, but be careful, HGH is not blood doping, and beware that most of everybody was on some sort of recuperation meds. This could be the last piece of the puzzle for the Biopassport. Now the UCI has complete power on who they want to keep in the pro-peloton or not. Very scary if you ask me.

seriously what a load of crap. the uci doesn't care about which rider or what. these aren't the days of lance armstrong anymore and the uci is scared as s*it. why do you think they trie to nail contador?? it's the biggest risk they ever took and it's probably not even going to work. Can't believe people really believing these conspiracy theory's. sinkewitz was an unimportant rider now. they just had him on the radar like they had with colom, lobato, valjavec and pellizotti not a personal vendetta against them :rolleyes:

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
there's no need to test any rider on any sibstance. it costs way too much money. ther bloodpassport gives uci an idea where and what to look for and they are succesful. cycling is cleaner then it's ever been and the wattages are the proove of that just look at how basso won last years giro and take those same wattages in giro 2006 he would've been 5th.

That's a pretty bold statement...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

if you mean they are 'cleaner' because they are micro dosing and managing their doping better yep i agree, but they are still doping and therefore not clean. You just have to look at 2009 TDF and LA managing 3rd at 38/9 years of age.

Blood passport has been enforced for riders to manage their doping not prevent it. It also allows UCI to cherry pick riders they want.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
]Isn't HGH like a health tonic or something? I havne't really heard about HGH causing any health problems. If it, as claimed solve health problems, slow, halt or reverse the aging problem, why would it be banned from competition?[/B]
Also since it is a naturally occurring substance I am curious what kind of test is available to find it in the athletes organism.

*bangs his head against the wall in frustration*
Oh dear...try googling a bit :p

Patrick Sinkewitz cannot be positive, he is not Spaniard.:confused:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
if you mean they are 'cleaner' because they are micro dosing and managing their doping better yep i agree, but they are still doping and therefore not clean. You just have to look at 2009 TDF and LA managing 3rd at 38/9 years of age.

Blood passport has been enforced for riders to manage their doping not prevent it. It also allows UCI to cherry pick riders they want.

some are microdosing which has basically no use except placebo effect but they are mostly caught also just look at guys like thomas frei. the sport I dare say is 98% clean in the pro tour and pct peloton for sure.

lance was 3rd in the tour of 2009 because he is no talentless waste without doping and because they softpedalled every mountainstage.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
some are microdosing which has basically no use except placebo effect but they are mostly caught also just look at guys like thomas frei. the sport I dare say is 98% clean in the pro tour and pct peloton for sure.

lance was 3rd in the tour of 2009 because he is no talentless waste without doping and because they softpedalled every mountainstage.

Frei admitted to getting caught due to his own stupidty of not drinking enough before the test.

They may not be taking as much on race day but they sure are jacked up for training which has a big effect come race day.

LA was too old to compete that's why he finished 3rd and it was an easier TdF than previous. There was no soft pedalling for wonderboy. He manage to finish 3rd due to the amount of PEDs.

flicker said:
Isn't HGH like a health tonic or something? I havne't really heard about HGH causing any health problems. If it, as claimed solve health problems, slow, halt or reverse the aging problem, why would it be banned from competition?

There was an interesting experiment by a journalist and amateur cyclist who used various doping products (not for racing, but to do PBP and such). HGH boosted his eyesight and gave him more energy. It was the only doping product that he would have kept using after the experiment, if it wasn't so expensive.

http://outsideonline.com/outside/bodywork/200311/200311_drug_test_1.html
(Conclusions on page 10)

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

Man, you're really on a roll...

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Aapjes said:
There was an interesting experiment by a journalist and amateur cyclist who used various doping products (not for racing, but to do PBP and such). HGH boosted his eyesight and gave him more energy. It was the only doping product that he would have kept using after the experiment, if it wasn't so expensive.

http://outsideonline.com/outside/bodywork/200311/200311_drug_test_1.html
(Conclusions on page 10)

That is pretty much what I have read about the subject of HGH. I think it would be very helpful for riders like domestics, or guys like Cadel, Alberto, Cancellera, Vino etc. who actually race many races at threshold or above.
For others like Menchov, Schleck jr., Sastre who are event trainers, I would think that their bodies with the help of dieticians, MDs personal trainers could develop all the HGH they need without outide artificial boosts.
Among the rich in Los Angeles, HGH is used commonly. It is very popular among film stars, high profile attorneys, salesmen, middle aged women and men who really want to look and feel their best.
I do not think there are negative health effects.
I totally disagree with the posters here who have pointed out prominent facial and cranial changes in Bonds and Armstrong I do not think that effect is true.
I do not think a distinct facial change is an effect with HGH.

flicker said:
That is pretty much what I have read about the subject of HGH. I think it would be very helpful for riders like domestics, or guys like Cadel, Alberto, Cancellera, Vino etc. who actually race many races at threshold or above.
For others like Menchov, Schleck jr., Sastre who are event trainers, I would think that their bodies with the help of dieticians, MDs personal trainers could develop all the HGH they need without outide artificial boosts.
Among the rich in Los Angeles, HGH is used commonly. It is very popular among film stars, high profile attorneys, salesmen, middle aged women and men who really want to look and feel their best.
I totally disagree with the posters here who have pointed out prominent facial and cranial changes in Bonds and Armstrong I do not think that effect is true.

Hey Flick,

All of this was recently discussed - with citations - in another thread.

Yes, it is popular across the US, not just Hollywood. HGH gave rise to the (highly controversial) Anti-Aging medical practice.

Yes, there are negative health effects: Enlarged extremities being a key indicator and side-effect.

This means hands, feet, ears (Pantani), chin, etc.

I am not going to bother providing the citations again. Please, however, don't go and do the Ostrich thing on this.

Dave.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:

Sure, its all made up. Nothing to see here.

NikolaiValuev14_crop.jpg

Bonds.jpg

What_Did_You_Do.jpg

cush1km3.jpg

Note on this one, image on the left, what is called "b1tch-t1ts", from HGH/steroids...

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Hey Flick,

All of this was recently discussed - with citations - in another thread.

Yes, it is popular across the US, not just Hollywood. HGH gave rise to the (highly controversial) Anti-Aging medical practice.

Yes, there are negative health effects: Enlarged extremities being a key indicator and side-effect.

This means hands, feet, ears (Pantani), chin, etc.

I am not going to bother providing the citations again. Please, however, don't go and do the Ostrich thing on this.

Dave.

In the case of HGH and sports, going back to Omerta breaker Victor Conte, he goes to show on the schedules that HGH is mixed in concert with many other drugs. If Pantani for instance was abusing EPO and HGH I would likely say he was abusing different hormones and steroids also. That is a likely scenario watching the' omerta breakers' videos.
Therefore my hypothesis is Sinkewitz was caught with HGH in his sysystem but I believe he was on other PEDs also. Just a guess, as I have been wrong before.

A

Anonymous

isnt it funny how with 90% of these cases you can track it back through the same old teams..

Mapei, Liberty Seguros etc etc. .the same old team names pop up time and time again..

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
Sure, its all made up. Nothing to see here.

NikolaiValuev14_crop.jpg

Bonds.jpg

What_Did_You_Do.jpg

cush1km3.jpg

Note on this one, image on the left, what is called "b1tch-t1ts", from HGH/steroids...

I do not get it. The changes in body and bone structure (Bonds)cannot be directly atributed to HGH abuse.
I guarantee most of Bonds health issues,injuries joint problem are directly attributed to steroid use. I wish Bonds personal trainer, 'Omerta Breaker' Victor Conte could come 'CLEAR' on the harmful effects on Bonds with the steroids.

Ryo Hazuki said:
Can't believe people really believing these conspiracy theory's. sinkewitz was an unimportant rider now. they just had him on the radar like they had with colom, lobato, valjavec and pellizotti not a personal vendetta against them :rolleyes:

Why that is not a true statement.

Sinkewitz tested positive for testosterone during the 2007 Tour de France while riding for T-Mobile, and he subsequently confessed to having undergone blood doping while riding for the team.

UCI does not like guys who tell the truth about doping.

TRENDING THREADS