• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?)

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I imagine that was Millers swansong at the Worlds for GB, and his cause wasn't helped by being a new parent, I doubt he was mentally as primed as he could have been.

Going forward Froome/Dowsett look to be a great pairing to replace Wiggins/Miller

Wiggins isn't done yet!

Always the loud mouth too, ""You’ve got to have confidence in the people giving you the information, and a few times this year, I’ve had people following me and lying to me and you lose confidence in people, so I’d rather just go in my own world really,""

What, there are liars at Team Sky ?!

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Its common practice from those in the car to motivate TT riders by lying to them.

But I would never let the truth get in the way of a good snark.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Gregga said:
Just as Wiggins files disappeared on http://slipstreamsports.com/ since he became a climber on the Alpe di Susi stage of the '09 Giro...

Try to download the ITT .tcx file... what a surprise, the link in broken : http://www.slipstreamsports.com/2009/05/22/bradley-wiggins-garmin-edge-705-data-giro-ditalia-stage-12

Of course, no other data file from Wiggins since then, including the TdF

Wiggins files are Top secret.They don't want other teams to know what he is capable of.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
simo1733 said:
Wiggins files are Top secret.They don't want other teams to know what he is capable of.

??

Wiggins data is all over the web. That's how I was able to put this plot together:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=972830&postcount=184

Now 'tis true that mostly only average values are mentioned, and actual files only occasionally posted...but in this case there is little to be learned from inspecting the moment-by-moment power.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
meat puppet said:
heart rates are obviously individual and vary a lot, but 147bpm at FTP is markedly low imo. so was he already very fatigued or does froome have a relatively low hr overall?

reading nothing to it really, but it just caught my eye.

I was under the impression HRs go down during the tour (due to fatigue), but that's not the only explanation.

If your RBC concentration is higher than usual it would make sense that your HR can be lower as each pump is sending more RBCs with each beat.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
That link has strangely disappeared now.

Because Cyclingnews are no longer hosting the Sky tech site. That was a Cyclingnews link, not a Teamsky link. The Whole CN hosted Sky tech site has gone.

But don't let logic get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

jilbiker said:
From a domestique about to be chopped to a grand tour competitor? In the space of months or weeks. His recovery was amazing and attacks on steep slopes was really too good. Doesn't add up. I don't buy any hard work, it takes time (years) to develop to that level. He is evidence that sports authorities for all the good work still have way to go to catch up with athletes.

This I agree with. After all we've learnt via USADA we just don't believe in stories like this anymore.

Froome needs to be filed in the 'not normal' draw.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
What I still do not get is how people can explain the fact that drugs have apparently transformed Froome into an amazingly talented climber from a domestique about to be dropped, whilst they did nothing of the sort when it came to Steven Hounard.

Answer that and I may be convinced that possibly Froome's transformation was down to illegal ways and not the fact that he was limited by Bilharzia, lack of technique and all that.

Froome19 said:
What I still do not get is how people can explain the fact that drugs have apparently transformed Froome into an amazingly talented climber from a domestique about to be dropped, whilst they did nothing of the sort when it came to Steven Hounard.

Answer that and I may be convinced that possibly Froome's transformation was down to illegal ways and not the fact that he was limited by Bilharzia, lack of technique and all that.

An aging Steven Hounard dabbles in micro doses of EPO to keep his contract and you compare that to a guy who drops 10kg's and TTs like Cancellera?

I honestly shake my head.

Full scale program with logistics will smash the mid ranking dabbler.

Do you think Steven Hounard has $90k lying around to spend on a doping program incorporating AICAR and blood transfusions!?

Does Hounard have Yates, Sutton, Rogers and Tenerife?

TRENDING THREADS