• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?)

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ebandit said:
but he's in that shot.............up front with the leaders

a young guy on a learning curve

nothing to do with if he did or did not dope in later grand tours with team sky

Yep that's it. Just a young guy on a learning curve. A curve that went at right angles up a hill!

Don't worry he found what he was looking for in Shane Sutton, Sean Yates and Tenerife.

Lots of learning curves out there :rolleyes:

maybe?

thehog said:
Yep that's it. Just a young guy on a learning curve. A curve that went at right angles up a hill!

Don't worry he found what he was looking for in Shane Sutton, Sean Yates and Tenerife.

Lots of learning curves out there :rolleyes:

maybe? but the answer is not in that pic/video that you keep returning to

or claims of knowing about link of wiggo to ferrari

or collusion with gollum on mount teide etc

ebandit said:
maybe? but the answer is not in that pic/video that you keep returning to

or claims of knowing about link of wiggo to ferrari

or collusion with gollum on mount teide etc

Don't Froomey just make ya go gaga? :rolleyes:

I'm teasing you bbandit.

You'll be fine. Froomey won't be testing positive anytime soon.

Here we to again:

JTL to hit the program start of December.

A striking feature of the Sky team that carried Bradley Wiggins to Tour de France victory in July was the noticeably gaunt appearance of a number of its riders, and Tiernan-Locke has been requested to follow suit.

"No stone is unturned with an outfit like Sky – they look at every ounce," Tiernan-Locke said. "If they can identify any area where you can improve, you have to buy into it. I'll be working hard over Christmas – that's always a difficult time because everyone else is relaxing and tucking in – because we have a second training camp in Majorca in January, and I need to be ready for that."

In spite of the speculation that has shrouded the status of some riders and staff, and the media attention garnered by the Lance Armstrong affair, Tiernan-Locke was adamant that he was entering the WorldTour at a positive time in the fight against doping.

"It's a good time now, but it's also peace of mind for the future. You would have to be an absolute idiot to even contemplate taking anything,” he said. "The stuff that people are talking about now is going back several years.”

"I couldn't have got the results I've got so far, especially last season, if there wasn't a level playing field, so the whole drug thing hasn't really affected me.”

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Froome an immense talent? please point me in the direction of anyone saying that pre team sky.

Even Sky didn't think he was worthy of a new contract before his Vuelta '11 performance. Now if he truely was a massive talent who was just having health issues etc. you'd expect Sky to know that better than anyone, in which case they'd have him locked up in a nice contract. But no, they were as surprised as anyone when he started demolishing everyone...

Froome19 said:
To be brief.

He showed signs of considerable potential early on in his career.

Are you sure? What signs were they then Mister 19?

Before the Vuelta '11 most people who knew about Froome (not many) remembered him crashing into the commissaire at the U23 Worlds.

Froome19 said:
If you could explain to me how I am doing so then by all means.
What I am arguing is that I do not see how Froome's burst onto the scene can be explained away by the use of PEDs.

Ps. See my ps

Au contraire. You do not see how it can only be explained away by the use of PEDs.

If you can't see how the use of PEDs is one potential reason for such a transformation, then in the words of Jan Ullrich, I can't help you.

The bilharzia probably did affect his development prior to August 2011. But don't you think it's incredibly... well, convenient that the bilharzia cleared up just when his contract was due and wasn't going to be renewed (by a British team who had staked a lot on having a British GT winner, which Froome had apparently shown the capability of being, no less)? You'd have thought that, having a potential British GT winner on their hands, Sky would have locked the guy in. After all, by waiting until he came 2nd at the Vuelta, they suddenly had to pay him a bunch more, rather than getting him on a cut price, the same as how Mark Cavendish was still on a wage he'd signed up for in 2007 until last year. And you don't think it's then convenient that he would, after a month of being the best cyclist in the world, then contract that same illness throughout the offseason and early season, thus excusing him for being invisible for the first half of the year, only for it to then clear up just in time for him to get into péloton-destroying form ahead of destroying the field at the Tour?

What's galling is that some of the people who swallowed Froome's story whole were throwing darts at Juanjo Cobo.

If Froome were to be clean it is obvious that he is certainly one of the best GC riders in the world. Most likely the best or second.

I would be interested to know who you think would be the best if Froome was second best?

So him thus competing and narrowly losing out to those three, who may have been aided by other aids, is certainly not all that suspicious.

10 minutes+ is not a narrow defeat in a GT. Also, can you post your reasons why you have lumped JRod in with the other two, other than him being Spanish?

Not your finest post young Froome.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Chatting about the Olympics to a couple of friends at a dinner, they remarked that it was amazing that a small school in Kenya where they taught had produced two Olympic medalists from the same school year. Chris Froome was one and Crista Cullen (hockey player) the other.

Interestingly they said that whilst Crista was an outstanding all round athlete/sportswoman, by far and away the best at almost any sport, Chris on the other hand was not at all sporty at the time. (We're talking about 12yrs old) He was in the cross country team but was not one of the best.
He then left to live with his mum I think in South Africa where he took up cycling.

His is certainly an unusual journey

SirLes said:
Chatting about the Olympics to a couple of friends at a dinner, they remarked that it was amazing that a small school in Kenya where they taught had produced two Olympic medalists from the same school year. Chris Froome was one and Crista Cullen (hockey player) the other.

Interestingly they said that whilst Crista was an outstanding all round athlete/sportswoman, by far and away the best at almost any sport, Chris on the other hand was not at all sporty at the time. (We're talking about 12yrs old) He was in the cross country team but was not one of the best.
He then left to live with his mum I think in South Africa where he took up cycling.

He was still d1xking about on mountain bikes when he was at university.

His rise is astounding.

SirLes said:

Just guessing, but they probably didn't ride bikes in PE.

And never seen a cyclist make a good runner. I rememeber once Phil Anderson getting dropped by about 150m in the 400m of Superstars...long time ago :D

Avoriaz said:
Just guessing, but they probably didn't ride bikes in PE.

And never seen a cyclist make a good runner. I rememeber once Phil Anderson getting dropped by about 150m in the 400m of Superstars...long time ago :D

Don't be ridiculous. They don't make good runners after 25 years of cycling.

But as juniors they cream everyone in all sports.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
do you want me to say it again?

Armstrong had 5 years competing at elite levels by the time he was 21.

At 21, Froomie had come from Kenya, to SA, and then road onto John Robertson's Konica Minolta team, and was on the UCI Le Monde (aigle) development quad for espoirs for a few races, like lAvenir. Then Robertson upgraded him onto the Barloworld team. And he had a fantastic first Tour at 23. And he had perhaps the least experience of anyone in the European pro peloton. Everyone seems to miss this point.

Then thanks to the Claudio Corti fiasco and Barlo failing to get him a suitable race program with John Lee Augustyn, his race shedule caused him to plateau in his development.