• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?)

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Reading the thread, the only word hits my mind. And this word is racism. According to majority, Sky is a lower race with a priori weaker riders. And besides it doesn't have any logical background but categorical rejection

Yeh....

May 28, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:
Reading the thread, the only word hits my mind. And this word is racism. According to majority, Sky is a lower race with a priori weaker riders. And besides it doesn't have any logical background but categorical rejection

Yeh....

Exactly, some people just don't get how immensely talented Froome is, and are ignorant of his slow but sure progression to the top in stage racing. Ever since his breakthrough he's been pretty consistent, barring the spring of 2012.

And how is it a surprise for some that the huge Tour favourite dominates in a hilly prologue? It seemed a pretty normal normal performance, nothing to be seen here.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Exactly, some people just don't get how immensely talented Froome is, and are ignorant of his slow but sure progression to the top in stage racing.

Ha ha, slow progression, ha ha.

And how is it a surprise for some that the huge Tour favourite dominates in a hilly prologue? It seemed a pretty normal normal performance, nothing to be seen here.

Uh, I don't know. Cause you'd expect a rider whose peak should be in the Tour to not be in excellent form here, making mince meat of the rest of the field without even having to sweat maybe? I don't know, but Froome has been kicking *** since Oman. Doesn't add up somehow.

Pentacycle said:
Exactly, some people just don't get how immensely talented Froome is, and are ignorant of his slow but sure progression to the top in stage racing. Ever since his breakthrough he's been pretty consistent, barring the spring of 2012.

Is this meant to be sarcastic?

Pentacycle said:

What complete BS. His progression until the 2011 vuelta was so slow no one could even spot it.

And if his results pre vuelta 2011 show that he had the potential to be the best rider in the world, then there must be at least another 25 riders on his age grade that have the potential to be the best rider in the world.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Explain to me someone why did you decide that anyone should improve consistently? To me, it is very debatable. There are no the same people and will never be. I don't get what's the use to try to set some unified way of improving.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
She seems a bit too self important and immature...
she needs to go do something else and let her man take care of himself :rolleyes:

I bet her and Brailsford work round the clock on Internet watch putting negative comments to rights. It's just lucky for us cycling fans that a giant media company doesn't run their team or we'd all be doomed.

1st and 4th today. What's the betting we have a 1/2 come the weekend?

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Parrulo said:
What complete BS. His progression until the 2011 vuelta was so slow no one could even spot it.

And if his results pre vuelta 2011 show that he had the potential to be the best rider in the world, then there must be at least another 25 riders on his age grade that have the potential to be the best rider in the world.

He couldn't even steer properly when he became pro, that was the biggest issue at Barloworld. He lacked experience in riding in a peloton. It improved over time and over lots of crashing, but then he caught that parasite late 2009.

He's had lots of bad luck, but you can't say you'd have expected him to perform immediately in Europe. I don't know exactly how and when he caught Bilharzia, but as soon as it was diagnosed he improved again. Then came the Vuelta 2011.

It took me a long time to realise it, but looking at how consistently he's been performing over the last year, it's hard to believe he's messing around with blood or some experimantal medicines. Not saying he's definitely clean, but he's not suspicious if you drop all Sky bias.

Pentacycle said:
He couldn't even steer properly when he became pro, that was the biggest issue at Barloworld. He lacked experience in riding in a peloton. It improved over time and over lots of crashing, but then he caught that parasite late 2009.

He's had lots of bad luck, but you can't say you'd have expected him to perform immediately in Europe. I don't know exactly how and when he caught Bilharzia, but as soon as it was diagnosed he improved again. Then came the Vuelta 2011.

It took me a long time to realise it, but looking at how consistently he's been performing over the last year, it's hard to believe he's messing around with blood or some experimantal medicines. Not saying he's definitely clean, but he's not suspicious if you drop all Sky bias.

But, but... Alberto was consistent as well and he was definitely blood doping

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
It is :D just tweet something about Froome and you can be sure she'll read it. Tweet something bad about him and you can be sure it will frustrate her:rolleyes::D Kinda like me when you post something bad about Alberto
It is fair to say the both of you could use some help...

[you should have asked her about GW... dumb@ss]

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:
Explain to me someone why did you decide that anyone should improve consistently? To me, it is very debatable. There are no the same people and will never be. I don't get what's the use to try to set some unified way of improving.

No one is saying improvement must be completely consistent (ie linear). Nice straw ma! Everyone is saying that Froome's performance curve is evidence of doping, because tremendous spikes in the performance over time graph are more likely given doping than given not doping.

Thank god Froome has this parasite story going on or it would really look ridiculous even to the layman.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:

You're mistaking cause and effect. The Sky 'bias' was created by Froome, people doubting Froome is not the effect of him riding for Sky, Sky being so suspicious is due to a large part to Froome riding for him.

And no, his transformation was astronomical. There are only a few cases of rider who didn't show more than below moderate talent in time trials and climbing who in without warning in a GT suddenly can mete it out with the best in those disciplines. That's virtually unheard of. Now I think it's fine if you want to argue that there is a legit reason for his transformation, but it's foolhardy to deny there has been a transformation.

Today's result in and of itself isn't surprising considering the level he has shown this year. It's just more of a case of 'there we go again'.

Lanark said:
And no, his transformation was astronomical. There are no cases prior to oxygen vector doping of rider who didn't show more than below moderate talent in time trials and climbing who in without warning in a GT suddenly can mete it out with the best in those disciplines. That's unheard of until the appearance of oxygen vector doping. Now I think it's fine if you want to argue that there is a legit reason for his transformation, but it's foolhardy to deny there has been a transformation.

Fixed that for you.

Pentacycle said:

You should check the definition for slow progression. Froomes progression is like a mountain stage in the vuelta. Flat for the majority. Then a straight line up, zing.

mewmewmew13 said:
She seems a bit too self important and immature...
she needs to go do something else and let her man take care of himself :rolleyes:

She is Lance's alter ego. Froome just pretends nothing's going on. Like its all completely normal that a guy who only leant to ride a bike when he was 25 is now going to win the Tour. Froome is not agressive enough. I cannot wait till the Tour till she starts sniping at the media and going after Internet trolls.

Should be awesome. I'll start my subscription to OK magazine in July.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Lanark said:
You're mistaking cause and effect. The Sky 'bias' was created by Froome, people doubting Froome is not the effect of him riding for Sky, Sky being so suspicious is due to a large part to Froome riding for him.

Geert Leinders?

And no, his transformation was astronomical. There are only a few cases of rider who didn't show more than below moderate talent in time trials and climbing who in without warning in a GT suddenly can mete it out with the best in those disciplines. That's virtually unheard of. Now I think it's fine if you want to argue that there is a legit reason for his transformation, but it's foolhardy to deny there has been a transformation.

Of course his Vuelta 2011 was a big surprise, but what bugs me is that Sky was already interested in re-signing Froome before that race, and that he was designated as key domestique for Wiggins. It indicates they already knew he'd sooner or later have his breakthrough, and if it hadn't been that season it'd have been 2012.

Today's result in and of itself isn't surprising considering the level he has shown this year. It's just more of a case of 'there we go again'.

Then he's either taking stuff he'll never get caught with, or he's really as clean as Sky claims he is.

For example, what's up with Santambrogio? When did he ever perform that well in the high mountains as in Tirreno and Trentino? You'll probably hear a lot of people saying he's always worked for others, and now with his free role he can suddenly climb extremely well. But I have some doubts about his progress this winter. Let's see what he does next month, and if he can ride for top 10 in the Giro classification.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
2003 Mickaël Buffaz (FRA)
2004 Stéphane Conan (FRA)
2005 Frédéric Lubach (FRA)
2006 Stephan Kushlev (BUL)
2007 Chris Froome (KEN)
2008 Piotr Zielinski (POL)
2009 Frederik Wilmann (NOR)
2010 Jean-Luc Delpech (FRA)
2011 Mark McNally (GBR)
2012 David Veilleux (CAN)

Who would have thought one of these guys would turn out to be the best rider in the world.

Pentacycle said:
Geert Leinders?

Of course his Vuelta 2011 was a big surprise, but what bugs me is that Sky was already interested in re-signing Froome before that race, and that he was designated as key domestique for Wiggins. It indicates they already knew he'd sooner or later have his breakthrough, and if it hadn't been that season it'd have been 2012.

Then he's either taking stuff he'll never get caught with, or he's really as clean as Sky claims he is.

For example, what's up with Santambrogio? When did he ever perform that well in the high mountains as in Tirreno and Trentino? You'll probably hear a lot of people saying he's always worked for others, and now with his free role he can suddenly climb extremely well. But I have some doubts about his progress this winter. Let's see what he does next month, and if he can ride for top 10 in the Giro classification.

Destined for a breakthrough?

What does that mean?

Do you just turn up and nearly win the Vuelta? It's that easy to breakthrough?

TRENDING THREADS