• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Skys riders for next year- renewald

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Out of interest, does anyone know which sky riders are out of contact next year and which ones have already renewed? I know flecha has, just getting intrigued as to where the make up of squad is going

A

Anonymous

I think Calzati is going, and heard rumours that Vigano is going as well.

If flecha was only on one year a fair few of the others will be.

Riders known to be or likely to be on longer deals.
Wiggins
Kennaugh
Thomas
Swift
Boasson Hagen
Lofkvist
Stannard

Probably on more than one year
Barry
Henderson
Sutton
Hayman
Cummings
Froome
Gerrans
Pauwells

Likely to be on one year
Calzati
Nordhaug
Augustyn
Carlstrom
Cioni
Portal
Possoni
Vigano
Arvesen
Downing

of the ones likely to be on one year deals it looks like Vigano and Calzati are certainly going, dont know about the rest.

I would have thought Arvesen would have been on more than one year - just because of his 'road captain' status.
And I would think that he, Sioni, Possoni, Nordhaug & Downing had done enough to be offered an extention.

Would love to hear of a couple of decent stage racers joining though

A

Anonymous

ingsve said:
Arvesen does have a two year contract so he will still be at Sky next year.

cool. reports i heard back in january was 1 year but most of the contract details seem to be pretty hush hush, 90% of the contracts are speculation.

I would assume russ is renewed if he was only on a year. My guess is he was on 1 year as he was a late signing primerly after his tour of ireland performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Bohagen and Flecha is all but signed according to their agent. Who quote's about it on the Ricardo Rico story in the 'news' section on the front page of this site. ( That does make sence, right? :D)

Latest posts