• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Slipped disc

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

Bustedknuckle said:
ray j willings said:
Bustedknuckle said:
ray j willings said:
This one of many who have had a ESP problem.
" I have since dropped the bike at the local Campag distributor as I purchased the bike in a different city to where I live and they have looked over the Campag EPS system, believe there may have been water on the connectors, have cleaned these up, reset the system and beleive they have solved it. So now I have a problem, either I have a faulty groupset or my groupset is not waterproof......

The bike shop I bought it from, believe they have seen this RD fault 6 times in the last 2 weeks and it is a system issue that requires full replacement"

A few posters on the Weight Weenie site have had issues and do a google and you will see quite a few problems have occurred .

I can post loads more but its pointless. " round circles"

Its 2 mens pro teams on Sram " my error" and 3 on Campy just 3 ;) the rest on Shimano with 2 of those switching to FSA.

I have used Red for years . No issues. perhaps you did not set it up properly ;)

One of my friends is a mobile mechanic and he wont touch Campy because they void the warranty if you don't use their tools. They are fraking expensive. He has so many clients so its not a issue for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68cV00oRK1M&feature=iv&src_vid=mCmxZOHFnSM&annotation_id=annotation_3292045161

You said 'races' and 'racers', not individuals that buy their stuff at bike shops. Maybe the 'shop' doesn't know what they are doing?? :)

WHAT TOOLS?? I was a Campagnolo ProShop for almost a decade..there are no 'Campagnolo' tools except the chain tool!!! They have a Campagnolo 'tool kit', with tools that apply them selves to things like 1 inch threaded headsets. They don't even have a 1 1/8 inch head tube reamer..

If your guy inna truck that works on commuters can't figure out the whole Campagnolo/tool(?) gig, well, he purposely gives away business and those that DO have Campagnolo stay away from him and go to a real pro shop-so what.

You like sram crap, good for you, not for me. Again, where are the etap/hydro groups? spam is all in on disc for 2016..they will have one, and it will fail, at alarming rates..

OBTW-I know a guy that works for GCN and they had a legion of wrenches and a van full of spares for that video, to make it sure it didn't fail on camera(it only took 3 tries to do that). I'm sure the GCN guys are enjoying their free stuff from sram(bribes??).

And be careful Ray, yer gonna get banned again.

Usual rubbish response. GCN and others rave about the new electronic red and your best response is they had a van full of spares :D Did you watch the video " think about it"

Saying Sram will fail is just an assumption on your part not a Fact.
Di2 failed quite badly for Sky. [ I posted a video previously] to show this.
So lets so how Sram do in comparision. Not just assume because you are bias

My friend has a very high end mobile workshop . He goes house to house and knows his stuff and will not touch campy. His own bike has di2.

I will be posting a photo/photo's of my new custom weight weenie bike soon.

He was there for the GCN shoot, you and I weren't.
Yes I watched it and he also saw these guys put their new scam stuff in their cars as they drove home. They don't call campaign contributions 'bribes' either.

If your 'friend' wants to turn away Campagnolo business because he is ignorant as a business man or wrench, that's up to him. Although I understand, when I open my repair shop locally I'll be happy to help spam users, 'out the door'.

Weight 'weenie', how appropriate. Remove your appendix or one kidney yet? Why not?

Writing your name Wilings is lighter too.

OBTW-short memory, red chainring, red front Der, red rear Der, first gen disc brakes...all introduced then recalled. Some hard 'R', some soft.

Once again Flustered knuckle you avoid any of the "real " Points I make and just respond with how you want to see things.

if you watched the GCN video then you know it was Sram who inviting guests to try the new eTap.
There was no vans just a sponsored red car in the background that you can see in the video. No van.

I would also like to know who your "mate" is " cough cough"

My memory is fine . I still ride first generation red shifters and they work fine as does my first generation front mech. I could not send mine back anyway with all the custom work I did on them same for the rear mech as well.

And then finally to your usual pathetic insults and name calling " very good ,well done"

By the way eTap was voted tech of the year

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

JackRabbitSlims quote "kicking @rse, takin names and predicting the future :D"

I think if you take a look at my response you will find its not me who makes it up as they go along to win a argument that doesn't exist. Every thing I have said is a fact.
I just stated my view from real experience.
You and Flustered just want to argue and insult me as you have done ever since I posted my WW bike.
Carry on.
I'll post my new bike soon so you can have more sleepless nights
I wonder if I will get a ban for this post :D

"Kicking arse" are you Bruce Willis :D

Okay fella's, there's no reason at all to continue to get under each others skin.

Please post comments in an impersonal manner that suits the topic at hand.

Any comments that do not meet the posting criteria of this forum will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.

Please think before you post.

ray j willings said:
Bustedknuckle said:
ray j willings said:
Bustedknuckle said:
ray j willings said:
This one of many who have had a ESP problem.
" I have since dropped the bike at the local Campag distributor as I purchased the bike in a different city to where I live and they have looked over the Campag EPS system, believe there may have been water on the connectors, have cleaned these up, reset the system and beleive they have solved it. So now I have a problem, either I have a faulty groupset or my groupset is not waterproof......

The bike shop I bought it from, believe they have seen this RD fault 6 times in the last 2 weeks and it is a system issue that requires full replacement"

A few posters on the Weight Weenie site have had issues and do a google and you will see quite a few problems have occurred .

I can post loads more but its pointless. " round circles"

Its 2 mens pro teams on Sram " my error" and 3 on Campy just 3 ;) the rest on Shimano with 2 of those switching to FSA.

I have used Red for years . No issues. perhaps you did not set it up properly ;)

One of my friends is a mobile mechanic and he wont touch Campy because they void the warranty if you don't use their tools. They are fraking expensive. He has so many clients so its not a issue for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68cV00oRK1M&feature=iv&src_vid=mCmxZOHFnSM&annotation_id=annotation_3292045161

You said 'races' and 'racers', not individuals that buy their stuff at bike shops. Maybe the 'shop' doesn't know what they are doing?? :)

WHAT TOOLS?? I was a Campagnolo ProShop for almost a decade..there are no 'Campagnolo' tools except the chain tool!!! They have a Campagnolo 'tool kit', with tools that apply them selves to things like 1 inch threaded headsets. They don't even have a 1 1/8 inch head tube reamer..

If your guy inna truck that works on commuters can't figure out the whole Campagnolo/tool(?) gig, well, he purposely gives away business and those that DO have Campagnolo stay away from him and go to a real pro shop-so what.

You like sram crap, good for you, not for me. Again, where are the etap/hydro groups? spam is all in on disc for 2016..they will have one, and it will fail, at alarming rates..

OBTW-I know a guy that works for GCN and they had a legion of wrenches and a van full of spares for that video, to make it sure it didn't fail on camera(it only took 3 tries to do that). I'm sure the GCN guys are enjoying their free stuff from sram(bribes??).

And be careful Ray, yer gonna get banned again.

Usual rubbish response. GCN and others rave about the new electronic red and your best response is they had a van full of spares :D Did you watch the video " think about it"

Saying Sram will fail is just an assumption on your part not a Fact.
Di2 failed quite badly for Sky. [ I posted a video previously] to show this.
So lets so how Sram do in comparision. Not just assume because you are bias

My friend has a very high end mobile workshop . He goes house to house and knows his stuff and will not touch campy. His own bike has di2.

I will be posting a photo/photo's of my new custom weight weenie bike soon.

He was there for the GCN shoot, you and I weren't.
Yes I watched it and he also saw these guys put their new scam stuff in their cars as they drove home. They don't call campaign contributions 'bribes' either.

If your 'friend' wants to turn away Campagnolo business because he is ignorant as a business man or wrench, that's up to him. Although I understand, when I open my repair shop locally I'll be happy to help spam users, 'out the door'.

Weight 'weenie', how appropriate. Remove your appendix or one kidney yet? Why not?

Writing your name Wilings is lighter too.

OBTW-short memory, red chainring, red front Der, red rear Der, first gen disc brakes...all introduced then recalled. Some hard 'R', some soft.

Once again Flustered knuckle you avoid any of the "real " Points I make and just respond with how you want to see things.

if you watched the GCN video then you know it was Sram who inviting guests to try the new eTap.
There was no vans just a sponsored red car in the background that you can see in the video. No van.

I would also like to know who your "mate" is " cough cough"

My memory is fine . I still ride first generation red shifters and they work fine as does my first generation front mech. I could not send mine back anyway with all the custom work I did on them same for the rear mech as well.

And then finally to your usual pathetic insults and name calling " very good ,well done"

By the way eTap was voted tech of the year
Fair enough, but there was a lot of recalls, along with a fair few dissatisfied customers. Most may have had experiences similar to yours, but a lot didn't. You also sound like you know what you're doing regarding setup and maintenance, while most punters don't. With early SRAM road groups this was crucial.

I wouldn't get too carried away with e-tap winning "Tech of the year". How many people who voted have had a chance to ride it? ;)

Anyhow, Fuji have released a 5kg production bike. Looks ok too.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree 42x16ss. There always seems to be issues with new group-set's . It is early days for eTap and once the racing starts we will see if any issues come to light. Campy and Shimano have /had issues with electronic, mainly with water getting in but a few other blips as well.
I took both my mechs apart and replaced a lot of the original parts so if there was a fail I may have got round it or may have been lucky.
The shifters have been great but no recall for the shifters as far as I am aware.
If I get a chance today I will post a few bikes over at the pro gear thread .
Ryders new Trek looks insane.