• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

So what's the new scandal?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
scribe said:
Seriously. The only thing that could be comparable to the postal implosion that is in the making would be a sacking of the entire Liquigas or Saxobank teams presently. Anything less requires a full apology from those getting us worked up with these proclamations.


I'm thinking it’s the Radioshack rumour.

They're pulling out end of year but this could have been brought forward.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
thehog said:
I'm thinking it’s the Radioshack rumour.

They're pulling out end of year but this could have been brought forward.

????????????????????????????
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
BroDeal said:
That is hardly on the scale of Nagasaki to FLandis' Hiroshima. Bahati has been on shaky financial ground since the beginning.

that what im starting to wonder.. but why the comment comming from a fairly random domestic pro?
 
Feb 21, 2010
1,007
0
0
Visit site
So Joe Papp and Ivan Dominguez are claiming something is coming...

The only thing they have in common is Rock Racing, and Cuba (Papp's Cuban wife)
 
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
Visit site
There's still the quote from Thor about doping cases and something probably coming out of Italy. That other story has no effect on any races I'll watch this year, and I'm watching a bunch of them.

I've been up all night and would love to hear a nice story about the demise of Team Radio Shack before I go to bed.
 
Jul 22, 2009
3,355
1
0
Visit site
goober said:
Because he is good friends with many of the riders on Bahati.

That would be something if they placed Landis close to a current programme. But the sources say he has nothing to do with this, so it can't be that squad.
 

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
3,480
1
0
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
articles not there

Strange, I just read it.

But can anyone confirm that it was this that they were talking about? Wouldn't Papp have mentioned this in his Twitter about now?
 
TeamSkyFans said:
articles not there

They pulled the article.

But I just heard this:

There will be an announcement on Monday that Armstrong is under official investigation and will face US Federal probe. He will be asked to return to the US for questioning.

Sports Illustrated will also print an online story spanning several pages into all of the Armstrong investigations over the years and join some of the dots on the information we now have from Landis. Apparently there will be some big revelations.
 
Jul 22, 2009
3,355
1
0
Visit site
Donald laid blame on the team’s decision to sign Landis.

“I knew from the beginning that signing Floyd was a poor decision on our part,” Donald said. “I knew immediately that was a bad decision. Floyd is looking out for himself, and that’s pretty obvious by what has happened with the team. That was never any concern of his. There’s nothing that Floyd can do or say that does anyone, anywhere, any good. It’s pretty obvious that what he was doing was going to put the team under.”

Read more: http://velonews.competitor.com/2010...out-stymies-fund-raising_118883#ixzz0pFPUmGD9

___________
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
5
0
Visit site
thehog said:
They pulled the article.

But I just heard this:

There will be an announcement on Monday that Armstrong is under official investigation and will face US Federal probe. He will be asked to return to the US for questioning.

Sports Illustrated will also print an online story spanning several pages into all of the Armstrong investigations over the years and join some of the dots on the information we now have from Landis. Apparently there will be some big revelations.

make sure and post up the SI before it gets pulled....
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
1
0
Visit site
thehog said:
They pulled the article.

But I just heard this:

There will be an announcement on Monday that Armstrong is under official investigation and will face US Federal probe. He will be asked to return to the US for questioning.

Sports Illustrated will also print an online story spanning several pages into all of the Armstrong investigations over the years and join some of the dots on the information we now have from Landis. Apparently there will be some big revelations.

I see nothing wrong with SEVERAL more million haters:)

Keeps things interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnqo7ARiDN4
 
May 28, 2010
3
0
0
Visit site
Maybe they will finally be able to explain LeMond's fantastic TT finish in 89. He always gets a free pass on that performance. How come no one ever questions how he could still be the fastest TT in Tour history on old technology, at the end of a grueling tour?
 
Oct 16, 2009
3,864
0
0
Visit site
theswordsman said:
There's still the quote from Thor about doping cases and something probably coming out of Italy. That other story has no effect on any races I'll watch this year, and I'm watching a bunch of them.
I think Hushovd is referring to the Lampre debacle. I doubt he is any more up-to-date than that.

Could be wrong, tho.
 
Sep 10, 2009
5,663
0
0
Visit site
Merckxfan said:
Maybe they will finally be able to explain LeMond's fantastic TT finish in 89. He always gets a free pass on that performance. How come no one ever questions how he could still be the fastest TT in Tour history on old technology, at the end of a grueling tour?
Go back through some of the older threads. It's been questioned, dissected, analyzed, and discussed a million or so times.
 
May 28, 2010
3
0
0
Visit site
When will they question LeMond's TT perfomance in 89 tour? He always gets a free pass. Really, still the fstest TT in Tour history on old technology after a grueling tour. Hardly believable without some "help". But no, old Greg is untouchable. Me thinks he protests too much.
 
May 6, 2009
126
0
0
Visit site
Blimey Hog - getting called back to the US would step things up a notch on the speculation front.
For the SI article - I have in my mind a diagram a bit like the one in "So I Married an Axe Murderer" - all National Enquirer.