• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Some diehard Armstrong fans now turning their back on him and Livestrong

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Big Daddy said:
Unfortunately, Armstrong is gonna come out of this completely filthy rich. He already is. All the while putting so many others at serious financial difficulty. Many people won't ever work in sport anymore because of the influence Armstrong has had in cycling.

Ask any hater, "Throw out the baby with the bath water". The overall damage to the world of cycling and its players will far exceed the damage to LA. Rest assured, LA didn't use his "influence" to air any of cycling's dirty laundry. This is totally on the haters. Agree though, more bad than good will come out of this.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
SpeedWay said:
Ask any hater, "Throw out the baby with the bath water". The overall damage to the world of cycling and its players will far exceed the damage to LA. Rest assured, LA didn't use his "influence" to air any of cycling's dirty laundry. This is totally on the haters. Agree though, more bad than good will come out of this.

I just talked to cycling, he said he is doing fine. Thanks for the concern. Lance was just a case of the crabs

He is Triathlon's problem now.

SpeedWay said:

Rest assured, LA did not want to air cycling's dirty laundry as he was the main load.
Cycling is not going down the drain but someone's legacy has just started swirling

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
Guys,

Remember, LA wasn't the only doper. He unfortunately is the only major player being attacked by his own Anti-doping Association. I'm sure if the Spanish/Italian/Russian ADAs went after their top riders of the same era, they would be reporting similar stories.

You guys wanted Lance to go down. He has now. But don't keep acting and believing he brought the sport down by himself.

I'm shocked by the outrage some of the posters have. It's almost like LA stole your wife or girlfriend, kept you from getting a job, and kept you from personally being a professional cyclist.

Let's try to keep all of this in perspective of 'Real Life' please. Does any of this really affect your day to day lives?

mwbyrd said:
Guys,

Remember, LA wasn't the only doper. He unfortunately is the only major player being attacked by his own Anti-doping Association. I'm sure if the Spanish/Italian/Russian ADAs went after their top riders of the same era, they would be reporting similar stories.

You guys wanted Lance to go down. He has now. But don't keep acting and believing he brought the sport down by himself.

I'm shocked by the outrage some of the posters have. It's almost like LA stole your wife or girlfriend, kept you from getting a job, and kept you from personally being a professional cyclist.

Let's try to keep all of this in perspective of 'Real Life' please. Does any of this really affect your day to day lives?

I get along in real life just fine thank you...

What you are failing to acknowledge is that there was no other rider ever that tried to exert such total control over others and the sport, no other rider that was so cruel , conniving and remorseless as Armstrong. Period.
In my mind this is precisely why he should not be allowed to skate free.

mwbyrd said:
Guys,

The "Why is everybody only focusing on Lance?" line is one of the big fallback lines for the Lance apologists now. Well, could it be he cheated to win the TdF seven times, masterminded a doping ring, crushed and humiliated those who spoke out to tell the truth, and built a massive empire based on lies? Is there anybody else even close?

The outrage people have here is from the years of Lance supporters smugly going off about "500 tests, never failed!", it's about suckers buying yellow bracelets supporting a fraud - and those pointing out he was almost certainly a fraud getting ostracized. Most cycling fans, if they tried to tell non-cycling friends that Lance was a cheat would get attacked. We learned just to keep out mouth shut, the Lance myth was so big and so powerful. People wanted so badly to have a hero, somebody great, somebody pure - and Lance put himself in that role - when he knew that his image was a complete fabrication. It was absolutely disgusting. Most of the other cheaters had some degree of humility. The arrogance and out of control ego for Lance to market himself the way he did is off-the-charts. Could you sleep at night selling yourself as a hero when you know you're cheating like crazy? Cheating and keeping your mouth shut is one thing. Cheating like Lance and gloating to the world - that is a special kind of sociopath.

There are still people buying into his lie - "Lance helped raise so much money for cancer research"- when Livestrong doesn't actually fund any cancer research at all. Even his foundation is a testimony to his ego, used to boost his public persona, and now a shield which he lamely tries to hide behind.

So yes, there may be some gloating, which appears to some as being unseemly, but this was a long, long time in coming. Lance is not close to getting what he deserves.

The other Lance supporter line - not used here but probably coming up soon - is "They shouldn't focus on the past but look at the present. Young cyclists don't care about Lance" is equally abhorrent. Busting Armstrong sends a huge message to everybody that no matter how big and powerful you are, the truth can catch up with you. One's teammates and those surrounding one know the truth about dopers, and that truth may eventually come out. Every cyclist who has doped is now probably wondering about who may eventually turn on him. Lance being absolutely ruined would be one of the best anti-doping messages there is. It's not going to happen - he'll ride off with his tens of millions of dollars - unfortunately.

As for the perspective and "Real life" shot - what do you think people are going to talk about, not only on a cycling message board but a forum dedicated to doping? This is one place we can get together with other cycling fans who know what happened and applaud the work of Tygart. Yes, we're critical of Lance but we're happy that a small dose of justice has finally been served. The sun has started to peak out from behind the clouds.

This is Lance after winning his seventh tour:
Finally, the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics: I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. But this is one hell of a race. This is a great sporting event and you should stand around and believe it. You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people. I'll be a fan of the Tour de France for as long as I live. And there are no secrets — this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it. So Vive le Tour forever!

He deserves all the vilification he gets.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Found this one today:
picture.php

Kiss them goodbye.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
mwbyrd said:

Er.. Marco Pantani ring a bell?

Always a good reminder of why this is a serious issue.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
mwbyrd said:
Guys,

YES IT DOES! He wasted 7 beautiful summers of mine. He annoyed me personally every July. He is the reason the tour of change 99 had no chance from the beginning we all wished for. It was affecting me since i am a big sports fan, and normally i appreciate sports performances since i know personally how hard that is to do. He is one of the main reasons i can´t enjoy performances anymore with a good feeling. He changed my mind: I thought cheating don´t work. Now he showed me otherwise, so i feel bad not to have tried PED´s myself when still playing. If i knew it´s that easy to get away with it, i would have done things differently. Actually he destroyed my brain. Now i have to assume cheating is good (i could vomit).
Many riders said there were signs of change until July 1999. He personnaly spite in my face, b/c he was taking me for a fool: I knew he doped (and he had the nerves to say otherwise every time a mic was near his lying mouth) from the beginning and i could do nothing but watch his lies in disgust. Yes he infected my life on a very bad note. Hope that´s enough for you. I don´t like to be taken as a fool. I had to witness for example that he overtook Ullrich on a 19-km-ITT and he sold it for real. I felt to vomit on my TV every time i saw such disgusting things happen. His foundation took important money away for cancer research which belong to true and honest foundations (my mother got cancer too). That important money is lost forever to his greedy immoral lawyers and his houses & jets. It not only infects my mom, but many other cancer patients. Could vomit again, right now. :mad:

So yes he infect my life, my thinkings, and not for the good.
Conclussion: He should fall as deep as possible; going bankrupt and right to prison. At that point then i´ll get sentimental and feel a little sorry for him. But until then i enjoy his downfall. Every bit of it...

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
mwbyrd said:

Two things:

1. Lance set himself up as a fighter of cancer following his own illness, but then managed a program that potentially puts his own team mates and friends at increased risk of similar health impacts in the future. In some ways he's peddled in illness as much as he's battled it and created an environment across the peleton that has put a generation of riders at greater risk than they otherwise may have been; and

2. As a father of a junior who hopes to join the pro peleton some day, I absolutely have a personal interest in this and in no way do I want my son exposed to the risks Lance has required others to expose themselves to.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
mwbyrd said:
Guys,

You are so obsessed with Wonderboy that you appear to have missed the countless other threads about other riders and other teams.

Look in the clinic beyond JunkieBoy and you will see that now he is out of the equation there are still plney in the sport who are being discussed in here.

If this didn't affect you why are you in here?

This affected people like Betsy Andreu, Emma O'Reilly, Mike Anderson, Odessa Leipheimer, David Walsh, Paul Kimmage, Filipo Simeoni, Christoph Bassons to name a few.

These people were threatened bullied and some run out of the sport and their livelihood by Armstrong.

So how about you think about them before posting BS about Armstrong. The guy is scum and deserves every single thing coming his way.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
A46nIWGCIAAcekB.jpg

Thanks Lance, I always knew you were a complete and utterly cheat and moron, and today you still live up to my expectations, thank you so much!

Ps. Be careful with the soap in jail, you got such a nice a.. and they love pretty girls in there. ;) Have fun and enjoy your self.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
I remember asking about how people would feel if he died from cancer and

now I am wondering if it might all become a bit to much for him. I really was

surprised last night when I did my regular FaceBook check on Armstrong's

page. I had thought that those sticking with him had a psychological need to

stay tuned to his lying message, but it would appear that their unwillingness

to publicly appears bonkers has over ruled their ***(donkey) licking addiction!!

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
D Avoid said:
I remember asking about how people would feel if he died from cancer and

now I am wondering if it might all become a bit to much for him. I really was

surprised last night when I did my regular FaceBook check on Armstrong's

page. I had thought that those sticking with him had a psychological need to

stay tuned to his lying message, but it would appear that their unwillingness

to publicly appears bonkers has over ruled their ***(donkey) licking addiction!!

They are so busy keep his profile clean, deleting all negatively posts thats is being posted, I did one, 1 min later it was gone and deleted from the profile, the jerk is busy busy...

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Here's something for the diehard fanboys:

Landis, Hamilton, Andreu, Hincapie, Leipheimer, White, Barry, Vaughters, all former USPS, all admitted to doping.

And yet, Armstrong, who led all of them, was completely clean all these years.

Ha!

stefank said:
Believe in him? Has he been registered as a religion?

http://www.cafepress.com/supportlance

"Show the USADA that you support Lance Armstrong and believe he is innocent by donating directly to his foundation, The Lance Armstrong Foundation, LiveSTRONG. Donations are credited to Team Michael Moyles a grassroots Livestrong Fundraising team. All donations go directly to LiveStrong through our donation page on Livestrong's website. You can also show your support by buying SUPPORT LANCE gear, (all profit goes directly to LiveStrong), as well as sharing your positive messages to Lance on our Facebook Group page."

- Just goes to show you can sell anything on the Internet! Even bullsh1t.

TheEnoculator said:
Here's something for the diehard fanboys:

Landis, Hamilton, Andreu, Hincapie, Leipheimer, White, Barry, Vaughters, all former USPS, all admitted to doping.

And yet, Armstrong, who led all of them, was completely clean all these years.

Ha!
It's time for Tim Herman to give up. I wonder if he's still being paid? :rolleyes: