• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Some diehard Armstrong fans now turning their back on him and Livestrong

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
LOL. Even guys do give the direct link to the USADA site, and LA can´t do anything. On his own facebook site. Oh that´s soooo sweet, it´s going so fast: Down, down, down.... :D

mwbyrd said:
Guys,

Remember, LA wasn't the only doper. He unfortunately is the only major player being attacked by his own Anti-doping Association. I'm sure if the Spanish/Italian/Russian ADAs went after their top riders of the same era, they would be reporting similar stories.

You guys wanted Lance to go down. He has now. But don't keep acting and believing he brought the sport down by himself.

I'm shocked by the outrage some of the posters have. It's almost like LA stole your wife or girlfriend, kept you from getting a job, and kept you from personally being a professional cyclist.

Let's try to keep all of this in perspective of 'Real Life' please. Does any of this really affect your day to day lives?

You're shocked to see people being passionate about cycling on a cycling forum?:confused:

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
http://www.cafepress.com/supportlance

"Show the USADA that you support Lance Armstrong and believe he is innocent by donating directly to his foundation, The Lance Armstrong Foundation, LiveSTRONG. Donations are credited to Team Michael Moyles a grassroots Livestrong Fundraising team. All donations go directly to LiveStrong through our donation page on Livestrong's website. You can also show your support by buying SUPPORT LANCE gear, (all profit goes directly to LiveStrong), as well as sharing your positive messages to Lance on our Facebook Group page."

- Just goes to show you can sell anything on the Internet! Even bullsh1t.

If the shirt had a unicorn on it, I'd buy one.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
snackattack said:
support_lance_womens_tshirt.jpg

Show the world you believe in Lance Armstrong and not the U$$ADA !

Is lancefairnessfund.com registered yet?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
From the responses I have read that are still supporting Cancer Boy, these people are no longer saying he never tested positive, they are resorting to "I don't care what they say", "I will not believe that you cheated", "screw them all", "you gave so much hope", and other sh!t like that. It's pretty pathetic.

TheEnoculator said:
No sympathy from me towards the heart-broken fans. They refused to look up the facts themselves. They chose to live in a fantasy world regarding this sad excuse for a lowlife. They ridiculed those who spoke truthfully about Armstrong. Now they weep. I say, "Shame on you!"

To those who still believe, I say, "you are a bloody idiot."

A-fockin-men. Utter tools.

TheEnoculator said:
From the responses I have read that are still supporting Cancer Boy, these people are no longer saying he never tested positive, they are resorting to "I don't care what they say", "I will not believe that you cheated", "screw them all", "you gave so much hope", and other sh!t like that. It's pretty pathetic.

He doesn't give hope, but false illusions. When will the idiots get that straight. He survived because he was really freakin lucky. That's all. Given the same dire circumstances most cancer patients die, though a few, as in Armstrong's case, survive. This had nothing to do with Lance, however, but his doctors and being plain ol' lucky.

If he wanted to do some good for the cancer community he would have started an anti-doping campaign. He also could have been the voice of condemnation of how an excessive lifestyle and steroid and human growth hormone abuse is a quasi assured means to develop cancer, especially the testicular kind he contracted. But also the fact that it metastasized and spread to his lungs, lymph nodes and brain with stunning alacrity.

Instead he “raised awareness,” as if people weren’t aware of the often lethal effects of cancer before him.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I had a look at his facebook page and think its strange to see the turnaround. Looking at pre reasoned decision topics and whats going on there now, he still has many supporters for sure,
but less vocal, those that are vocal really do come across as fanatical types.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Like this one from his facebook site: :D

"Such a shame. It did not have to be like this. Lance's own arrogance led to all this. For all time live strong will equal live wrong. For years the pictures to two of my heroes hung on my office wall. Armstrong and Ali. Only one picture remains."

The guy is done... :)

May 9, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Like this one from his facebook site: :D

"Such a shame. It did not have to be like this. Lance's own arrogance led to all this. For all time live strong will equal live wrong. For years the pictures to two of my heroes hung on my office wall. Armstrong and Ali. Only one picture remains."

The guy is done... :)

I admit that I had an LA poster in my office at one time. That's long gone, replaced with a Pre poster.