• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"some dopers worse than others".....

Benotti69 said:
No wonder this sport cant clean its act up!

I see Gaimon's point and kind of agree with it myself. Guys doping to keep their jobs in Europe were different than those doping to slaughter amateur fields in the States.

So the key question is when did they really start? So when did guys like Hincapie, Zabriskie, VdV really get into it? Motorolla? Or was it in the USAC program as teens, like Decanio says?

Did Danielson start doping on Fassa, or Saturn, or Sobe-Cannondale....or before that?

There doesn't seem to be much interest from journos or the ADAs to figure out where it all started. And that really is key to understanding the stories we've heard so far.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
IzzyStradlin said:
I see Gaimon's point and kind of agree with it myself. Guys doping to keep their jobs in Europe were different than those doping to slaughter amateur fields in the States.

the smart guys didn't need to dope to keep their jobs. Hincapie et al did better with their doping than put bread on the table and a roof over their heads.

IzzyStradlin said:
So the key question is when did they really start? So when did guys like Hincapie, Zabriskie, VdV really get into it? Motorolla? Or was it in the USAC program as teens, like Decanio says?

Doping in the sport started on day 1.

IzzyStradlin said:
Did Danielson start doping on Fassa, or Saturn, or Sobe-Cannondale....or before that?

Steve Tilford will tell you when Danielson started, way before Europe.

IzzyStradlin said:
There doesn't seem to be much interest from journos or the ADAs to figure out where it all started. And that really is key to understanding the stories we've heard so far.

ADAs have no interest in eradicating doping

Benotti69 said:
Doping in the sport started on day 1.

Blah blah blah...The specific question is: "When did the riders who testified about drug use to USADA really start using drugs?" and so "Did they perjure themselves? Or did USADA really not ask?"

Benotti69 said:
Steve Tilford will tell you when Danielson started, way before Europe.

Sure, Tilford knows, TD knows, Vaughters knows, you know, I know....so why is nobody following up his obviously false testimony?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
IzzyStradlin said:

fair points, but why the past tense? are you trying to suggest something?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Pretty much what the Sceptic says..

personally i think the mountain biker chick that got caught with a U haul truck of Mary Jane is the best doper !

the sceptic said:
garmin dopers: good

other english speaking dopers: pretty good

spanish and italian dopers: unrepentant, will never change

Lance: satan

Then you have the team staff:

Leinders: Took riders weights, treated saddle sores. Nothing untoward.

Ferrari: Evil mastermind forcing non-English speaking riders to dope against their will. Worked with Lance. Pure unadulterated evil.

Brailsford: Singlehandly cleaned up the sport on his own by creating a team of clean riders who beat dopers. Mastermind and tactical genius.

Yates: Health problems had to retire.

Neil Stephens: Affitable Aussie, pulls no punches, voice of reason.

Johan Bruyneel: Forced young riders to dope against their clean ethics. Has no place in cycling.

Riis: Former doper, doesn't say too much so we kinda forget about him.

Vino: Massive doper but so well connected and so much money we have to give him one more chance.... after the next... maybe the next one after the next chance.

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
garmin dopers: good

other english speaking dopers: pretty good

spanish and italian dopers: unrepentant, will never change

Lance: satan

Armstrong worse than Satan. Armstrong the NECROLANCER.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
What's so controversial about this notion that not all dopers are the same? Is Kimmage the same as Armstrong?

Gaimon hating Ricco and not Hesjedal, Millar, VdV, DZ, Horner........

Kimmage was different because he left the sport rather than continue knowing that doping was rife.

Gaimon hating Ricco for saying what most with half a brain know, GT impossible to win without doping!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
IzzyStradlin said:
Blah blah blah...The specific question is: "When did the riders who testified about drug use to USADA really start using drugs?" and so "Did they perjure themselves? Or did USADA really not ask?"

Sure, Tilford knows, TD knows, Vaughters knows, you know, I know....so why is nobody following up his obviously false testimony?

They caught a big fish and everyone went home happy.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Gaimon hating Ricco and not Hesjedal, Millar, VdV, DZ, Horner........

Kimmage was different because he left the sport rather than continue knowing that doping was rife.

Gaimon hating Ricco for saying what most with half a brain know, GT impossible to win without doping!
we need to introduce Gaimon to Dame Paula Radcliffe. Could be a marriage made in heaven

May 26, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
we need to introduce Gaimon to Dame Paula Radcliffe. Could be a marriage made in heaven

IAAF have Radcliffe's back. Gaimon needs to schmooze ol Brian Cookson and then he is on easy street to granfondo heaven.......

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
IAAF have Radcliffe's back. Gaimon needs to schmooze ol Brian Cookson and then he is on easy street to granfondo heaven.......
with ricky riccio

granfondo heaven, and semi-naked selfies

Well at least I think I learned where the stories of Cooke being a doper probably arose from. Being friends with and living with Phil Zajicek probably got him a rep. Hard to believe he was trying to call Gaimon a hypocrite with that in his background. Cooke just seems like an attention seeker at this stage. Not very good on the bike so has to get attention other ways.

Though that '**** the Hypocrisy' guy was even worse with the self-entitled, look at me attitude. Why did he keep tweeting Digger when he didn't appear in the conversation? Maybe he did but I don't really understand twitter tbh.

IzzyStradlin said:

This is all well-known and ancient history at this point. Here's the highlights for cycling: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dope-and-glory-10-04-2001/

IzzyStradlin said:

Well, you need to pick a point in time to start the narrative because it goes back to any kind of competition, formalized or not.

Since the rise of the modern IOC, many nations run doping programs because the IOC is perfectly okay with doping. Do it enough to attract an audience and not too much to scare away the corporate sponsors.

Meanwhile, we know, fundamentally, the IAAF, FIFA, and UCI are thoroughly corrupt. I don't follow other sports too carefully to say more. This too is perfectly okay with the IOC because it's a sh!t show too.

It's not like WADA can do anything about it either. That is not their job.

Then, of course, there's Phil's tattoo...

phil-gaimon.jpg

That tattoo is a bar of soap, and it means that I race clean: no drugs, no doping. I got it with several other pros in the U.S. a few years ago. We agreed that if anyone dopes, the others will come scrape the tattoo off.

Seems like a pretty zero-tolerance policy to me...:rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS