• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Spinning bike advice.

May 19, 2009
Visit site
I would like to get a spinning bike for less than $600? Is there such a thing. I know about road and mtb bikes, but I know next to nothing about spinning bike specs and such. Cadence should be a nice indicator to have as part of the bike I guess.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Most gyms replace their spin bikes on a regular basis. All they usually need to be good as new is a $35 bottom bracket. Check out he local fitness centers.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
mambo#5 said:
I would like to get a spinning bike for less than $600? Is there such a thing. I know about road and mtb bikes, but I know next to nothing about spinning bike specs and such. Cadence should be a nice indicator to have as part of the bike I guess.

Andrichuk said:
Well now I feel dumb, that only took 2 seconds. Why don't you just get rollers or a trainer? Probably save money that way.

Whatever you do remember that when you start to get really hot and sweat, your body fluids are like acid to lots of bike parts. If you have a real bad winter your good road bike will be destroyed by spring