• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Stage 10 - Wednesday, July 14 2010, Chambéry - Gap, 179 km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 19, 2009
1,796
0
0
Visit site
I think cavendish is by far the best sprinter this year again.. I think he could still win the green jersey :S it will be tough but there is quite a few stages left for him to win... but he can beat the rest with ease again so it is not impossible...
 
May 19, 2010
50
0
0
Visit site
Impressed by Roche there.. made up 1:25 with that attack.. I make that about 6:19 behind Shleck now, up 4 places to 13th, ahead of Vino, Sastre, Wiggins and Rogers..
 
Mar 11, 2009
5,841
3
0
Visit site
frizzlefry said:
LOL, keep the belly aching coming, I am enjoying it.

You are pulling a bit of an ACF today, imagining enemies where there are none to be seen. Paulinho rode well today; he got in the right move, worked hard, attacked when he needed to and jumped at the right time in the finale. I don't think anyone begrudges him the win. Most of the snarky comments are from people who (like me) find it hilarious that RS came in to this race talking about how they were going to dominate in the mountains and win the GC, and yet this win from a breakaway by an anonymous domestique on an INCREDIBLY dull stage will probably be the highlight of their tour.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Well,

I am just so happy that I set my DVR to record from 5AM (pst) to 9AM (pst).

Since the TV listings said the coverage was only until 8:30 AM i figured I would have lots of time.

So, I guess my recording will go to just before the top of the last climb and then ...............................


Stupid "let's take it easy day"
 
May 13, 2009
653
0
0
Visit site
Jamsque said:
You are pulling a bit of an ACF today, imagining enemies where there are none to be seen. Paulinho rode well today; he got in the right move, worked hard, attacked when he needed to and jumped at the right time in the finale. I don't think anyone begrudges him the win. Most of the snarky comments are from people who (like me) find it hilarious that RS came in to this race talking about how they were going to dominate in the mountains and win the GC, and yet this win from a breakaway by an anonymous domestique on an INCREDIBLY dull stage will probably be the highlight of their tour.

Enemies??? I am just enjoying reading comments of all you guys belly ache like a 7 year old that didnt get what they want. I expect a couple of comments like that, but when its page after page, it just makes it that much more enjoyable.
Like I said, keep crying. Blame the French organizers for the boring stage not RadioShack.
 
May 19, 2010
50
0
0
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Impressed? It's not like their was an all out chase going on behind him... actually, the favourites didn't seem to care.

Didn't really matter if they were chasing or not - he saw the opportunity to pull back a fair chunk of time on his main rivals, and took it.
 
Mar 11, 2009
5,841
3
0
Visit site
No-one's blaming Radioshack for the stage being boring, and no-one's belly-aching like a seven-year-old. Yeah, I would have liked a Frenchman to win today, but I don't have anything against Paulinho. Hell, if anything I'm glad one of The Shack's minor riders managed to poke his head out of the shadow of Lance's massive ego, if only for a day.
 
frizzlefry said:
Enemies??? I am just enjoying reading comments of all you guys belly ache like a 7 year old that didnt get what they want. I expect a couple of comments like that, but when its page after page, it just makes it that much more enjoyable.
Like I said, keep crying. Blame the French organizers for the boring stage not RadioShack.

Huh? I didn't see anyone blaming RadioShack. Paulinho had a great ride. Chapeau.
 
May 13, 2009
653
0
0
Visit site
Jamsque said:
No-one's blaming Radioshack for the stage being boring, and no-one's belly-aching like a seven-year-old.

What do you call this? Sounds like bellyaching to me.

Francois the Postman said:
Great steal by Paulinho.

The Sheep said:
Unlucky, should have won

Jamsque said:
The Shack takes their FOURTH road-race stage win of the year. Truly they are a powerhouse of professional cycling.
 
I wouldn't worry about it, frizzlefry. RadioShack has the best team in the mountains. Levi told us, after all.

Plus, RadioShack have LA, the best cyclist in the world. Tiago Machado told us that too.

Your team is awesome, so I wouldn't worry about what anyone else says about them. Just listen to what they say about themselves, and you'll be happy in no time.
 
May 13, 2009
653
0
0
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
I wouldn't worry about it, frizzlefry. RadioShack has the best team in the mountains. Levi told us, after all.

Plus, RadioShack have LA, the best cyclist in the world. Tiago Machado told us that too.

Your team is awesome, so I wouldn't worry about what anyone else says about them. Just listen to what they say about themselves, and you'll be happy in no time.

They said what they have said all along from USPS, Discovery, and now to RS. Why would they change it?
 
Oct 29, 2009
2,578
0
0
Visit site
Man you have spooks on the brain Fizzlefry.

"Great steal" had nothing to do with teams at all, simply rider vs rider. I was admiring that the one I expected least from was getting the win. In your head that became a bellyache comment by a 7 year old.

No wonder you feel surrounded. Duck!
 
Paulinho deserved the win as much as anybody. Chapeau.
The peloton made the stage dull.
Right having established the painfully obvious, can we all agree that while the fanboys were served a small antacid pill, today, they are still the ones doing all the major bellyaching?
It causes them to suffer sense of humour deprivation.
(see ACF for symptoms)
 
Apr 20, 2009
960
0
0
Visit site
I really wanted to see Aerts get that. Spent too much time working the front, perhaps? Stage was pretty boring but the last 20Kish (which were outside the slowest time estimate, I believe) were entertaining enough.
 
Apr 20, 2009
960
0
0
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
The just sat up as the sprinters went for the minor points and the GC boys followed.
Just the slaves, I would imagine.

Today's stage seemed to take "sitting up" to a new level. I know there were some climbs, but their pace was positively club-ride speed.
 
Mar 22, 2010
908
0
0
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Paulinho deserved the win as much as anybody. Chapeau.
The peloton made the stage dull.
Right having established the painfully obvious, can we all agree that while the fanboys were served a small antacid pill, today, they are still the ones doing all the major bellyaching?
It causes them to suffer sense of humour deprivation.
(see ACF for symptoms)

Humor deprivation? It's hard to be deprived when they seem to thrive with a complete absence of any humor. They seem to span the gamut from psychotic to delusional. It has become fun to have them around b/c while many love the man, a disproportionate number of them seem to know zilch about cycling and racing in particular. (I am not a racer and probably never will be, but you don't have to be a whale to write Moby d!ck.) their comments really perk up some of the threads that are sometimes too academic and predictable. ;)

And just in case any of them are still despairing after today's thrilling win, just remember your heroes are only 31 seconds down on caisse d'espargne in a teamo a teamo battle for the team classification with the nearest competitor 14 minutes behind. Hang on to those wheels, boys!

So put that in your vuvuzela and smoke it.