• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

STAGE15: Cesana Torinese - Col Du Galibier (Valloire) 149 kms

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Seriously cant you just shush Bala verde why the hate every post bla bla blanco fail, it is as if your trying to get people riled. Gesink was the only guy who made this stage worth watching.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
TDF should have invited Vini Fantini team. This team is full of fire crackers. They seems to get bored and can't sit still ..:D rain, snow ATTACK.. ATTACK..

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
What a truly amazing stage. It had all the ingredients of an epic race: Failed attack by Gesink, failed attack by De Greef, an epic performance by Weening, Betancur getting second, Killer on a killing spray, Pirazzi as king of the mountains getting dropped by everybody once the road goes uphill,...

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Polish fans not gonna be happy with Nimiec. He takes the 8 seconds from Majka giving Betancur the white jersey
Yeah,that was stupid but he probably didnt know what is the time difference between them.
deValtos said:
Well that wasn't the most enjoyable stage to watch :(
It wasnt,but are you surprised with this weather?

I hope all GC conteders will be ok in final week,illness is everywhere:(

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
Until 5km of the finish, the peloton was still 60 riders big. Of course they can go faster than that. If you have a team like sky, you should at least try something.

interestingly.. all sky team (except uran) is MIA.

the slow tempo on cenis really deserved to happen so we all could see the ballistic pace on galibier...oh wait

the weather neutralized the race but it's pretty clear that there aren't campionissimi around who can explode a race in such conditions

visconti was awesome though. heroic ride

the bunch sprint up the galibier not so much

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
PhiberAwptik said:
Armchair DS on the attack.

You're funny. So, because I'm not a professional cyclist I should just shut my mouth? I will not, because todays stage was a joke. You enjoyed it? Good, hope this will be the best stage you will watch ever.

The Hitch said:
I would have thought 2nd 2nd 3rd 2nd, and with 2 hills and 2 mtfs still to go, Betancur would be right up there.

You're assuming no breakaways get away and Betancur consistently being one of the top 5 climbers + having the benefit of not being taken seriously by the really top guys.

It could happen, but you can't seriously pretend it wouldn't be a surprise. The current best price someone is willing to stake on him at betfair is 40s, so it seems people willing to put their money where their mouth is would agree.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
If you think that wouldn't be a surprising result from the 4 remaining stages he has a serious shot at, then you live on another planet.

He needs to average 3rd on those 4 stages. It would be a surprise.

Certainly would need some hard work, but throw in the possibility of the autobus coming in OOT on the Tre Cime stage and it's less far-fetched. That's why Farrar quit the race in 2010, because the -25 points meant he had no chance any longer of holding off Evans.

(I consider that a better possibility to consider than a crash in a bunch sprint taking out Cavendish, especially as he's so far seemed better placed by his train than he was last year when we got situations like the Ferrari sideswipe).