• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Steven Kruijswijk

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Logic-is-your-friend said:
lol, seriously?
P5, 6 & 7

No offense mate, but you're just gonna have to get used to it. It's not the first time this has happened and it certainly won't be the last nor are you the first to complain about this. If you do not like it or do not wish to take part in it you can always just ignore it, that's your prerogative.

Spine Concept said:
No offense mate, but you're just gonna have to get used to it. It's not the first time this has happened and it certainly won't be the last nor are you the first to complain about this. If you do not like it or do not wish to take part in it you can always just ignore it, that's your prerogative.

I have no problem with some offtopic posts, but when it starts to take over a thread with the exact same content and arguments as in the topic that was actually made for it, it seems more logical to just continue in that thread.

And especially with comments like "JVDB has nothing on Gesink" etc... what is the reason behind such arguments, other than having others respond with a "rolleye" emoticon? Because Gesink totally owned JVDB in this Dauphiné and last years TDF, right? Like i said, the entire debate is pointless at this point. We'll know next month. Repeating yourself ad nauseam isn't going to help the discussion any.

I have no problem with some offtopic posts, but when it starts to take over a thread with the exact same content and arguments as in the topic that was actually made for it, it seems more logical to just continue in that thread.

And especially with comments like "JVDB has nothing on Gesink" etc... what is the reason behind such arguments, other than having others respond with a "rolleye" emoticon? Because Gesink totally owned JVDB in this Dauphiné and last years TDF, right? Like i said, the entire debate is pointless at this point. We'll know next month. Repeating yourself ad nauseam isn't going to help the discussion any.

I understand what you are saying. The point is that you are also wasting your energy in trying to fight this since it will bear no meaning on these ''pointless discussions''. I'm not saying you can't voice your opinion on it, but just be aware that it is mostly in vain.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it would be a good thing not comparing this guy to other riders just yet. Right now he's doing great. Rather enjoy that instead of making him the second coming of Christ. Let him confirm next year and the year after that. Right now people are talking down on Kreuzinger, yet two years ago people thought he was the next TDF winner for years to come. Great for Holland that they have these talented guys, just don't burn them out before their carreers have really taken off.

As for the Gesink vs JVDB debate, there is a thread for that already and we'll know soon enough, won't we. I must say that i find the denigrating tone towards the latter somewhat offensive. It almost makes one hope he ends up on the podium and hands Gesinks *** to him.

what are you talking about? Were comparing him to christ?

I compared his progress to Mollema. ;) Or are we meant to just post "We must wait for [RACE] before making judgements and commencing in disussion on a forum.

---

VdB V Gesink thread was made in light off earlier discussion of this I think, but hey your wise words and re-bringing the off topic discussion back is most welcome.

effectively you have brought up the discussion you hate, go figure :rolleyes:

Right now he's looking better than Mollema, but just look at the way Rodriguez killed it in the Dauphiné: the Giro really works wonders for your form. Also, I get the feeling that mono slowed down Mollema's development somewhat.

Indeed that was unfortunate.
Rabo youngsters got hit with that pretty bad.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Are you kidding me? The boy has been riding 'the stars from the heavens', as the Dutch say, and the last post is from four years ago?

Hang your heads in collective shame, Dutchies (includes me for cycling).

If his legs continue to be as good as they have been, two more attacking rides could see him rise to a maximum 5th place, though I don't 'expect' that. His Giro is already a success, a stage win would be the icing.

I could not find this thread anymore with the new crappy search function.

But yeah. Looks like he is finally past his leg artery problem. He has refound his legs. Still the best GT hope for dutchies considering his very rare recuperation ability. I don't think even Froome or Contador recover that well from previous efforts. They have a much higher base level though

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:

But yeah. Looks like he is finally past his leg artery problem. He has refound his legs. Still the best GT hope for dutchies considering his very rare recuperation ability. I don't think even Froome or Contador recover that well from previous efforts. They have a much higher base level though

Based on what?

Minor jersey and kisses. Well deserved.

570-PIC539732391.jpg

Impressive ride today.He worked very hard and was there at the front with the 2 strongest guys in the race.Great Giro for him,8th in GC already and might move up because the guys in front of him are weaker than him.

He's only 27. Should only get better. Impressive performance today and so far this Giro. Nobody was mentioning Kruijswijk's name as a possible protagonist before this Giro. Kruijswijk is proof you don't have to come from a mountainous country to be a great climber. He was also strong in the TT. Good to see.

Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Based on what?
based on strong effect by how much he comes forward in the 3rd week of a gt. He can follow top favorites while in a mt stage in the 1st week he has trouble following the best 20.

TRENDING THREADS