• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sunweb

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I know the mom of a Sunweb rider personally, she contacts me to talk about him, how he's doing etc every now and then. The team even denied him to get treated for an injury because they are so anal about what chemicals they might get in their body even when a TUE would be the most logical solution. They actually sent the rider knowingly injured into the race, where he had to abandon after +/-70km.

Apparently this is something Sunweb is doing systematically, sending injured riders into a race to avoid fines.

https://sporza.be/nl/2020/10/23/vee...gevoel-wat-is-daar-aan-de-hand~1603459931924/

Sven Nys: "I experienced it myself with Lars van der Haar, who had already signed with us, but who was still used here and there by Sunweb to fill gaps in the line-up. Despite the fact that he had an overloaded knee, he was still sent to Canada to start there. To avoid that fine. He also stayed below his level the following season, as he needed much more time to recover from his injury."

sure Logic. Hindleys out of nowhere progression due to bread and water.
Doesn't matter for you, does it? Evenepoel didn't come out of nowhere and you're convinced he's doped, so spare me your hypocritical reasoning. On the other hand, Quinn Simmons beating climbers uphill is something you applaud. :tearsofjoy:

Hasn't done much since he turned pro. I guess if you're a domestique everywhere then you can't show anything. If he was this good then you'd think he'd get more chances than Poland and the Herald Sun Tour...

But he looked good as U23 at least - 5th at Avenir behind Bernal, second at Ras, 3rd at the Girobio behind Sivakov + won a summit finish, 2nd Herald Sun Tour, won a few Italian races ahead of Almeida/Vlasov.

I guess everyone has a breakthrough sometime. If Thomas, Yates and Kruijwsijk were here then you'd imagine he wouldn't be near this position.

Last edited:
Reactions: topcat
No comments onwh SUNWEB terminated Hirschis contract out of the blue

Word on hte street is they was something suspect that they dont want to have in the team

If a rider with such a succesful 2020 is getting kicked i would say that something is definitly wrong.

But I will of course not jump to any guesses other than what I already did.

It might be that he simply is a *** to work with.

If a rider with such a succesful 2020 is getting kicked i would say that something is definitly wrong.

But I will of course not jump to any guesses other than what I already did.

It might be that he simply is a *** to work with.
As cycling news wrote it could be that Iwan Spekenbrink is the problem:
Hirschi is the fifth high-profile rider to negotiate an early departure from Iwan Spekenbrink's team in recent seasons after Marcel Kittel, Warren Barguil, Tom Dumoulin and Michael Matthews all left the German-registered outfit before the end of their contracts. Hirschi has yet to announce a new team.

Swiss tabloid Blick, citing Het Nieuwsblad, suggests that, among a list of control-related issues, is Sunweb's apparent refusal to sanction the use of Ketones:
Hirschi's ex-team-mate Michael Matthews (30), who is also leaving the DSM team, is doing the same. He told the Dutch newspaper Het Niewsblad about massages that lasted half an hour. If he wanted a little longer, that wouldn't work. Why? Because it wasn't in the regulations. The use of ketones - the “miracle drug” that is not on the doping list - is not allowed at DSM either. And plan training camps on your own? No, that doesn't work either.
I haven't seen the HN story they're referring to, if anyone has a link to it.

Last edited:
Which street? Sounds like someone's talking out of their back alley.

Ok you can think what you want but I am just relating what I heard

The ridiculous information going round because he refuses to do homework or the length of his massage is just that ...ridiculous smoke screen

You do not terminate a contract with a star for some minor issues nor do you lose the chance to make some money if he kicked up a fuss wanting to go becasue he could get better money elsewhere.You ensure buy out

Say what you will about Sunweb but they do not throw away an asset if they can make money on it . What I heard is Sunweb terminated because of risk

Only the parties involved know but rather than blame Sunweb maybe journalists need to ask questions and look at the facts

Reactions: saunaking
Ok you can think what you want but I am just relating what I heard

The ridiculous information going round because he refuses to do homework or the length of his massage is just that ...ridiculous smoke screen

You do not terminate a contract with a star for some minor issues nor do you lose the chance to make some money if he kicked up a fuss wanting to go becasue he could get better money elsewhere.You ensure buy out

Say what you will about Sunweb but they do not throw away an asset if they can make money on it . What I heard is Sunweb terminated because of risk

Only the parties involved know but rather than blame Sunweb maybe journalists need to ask questions and look at the facts

My guess is 'what you heard' is somebody on twitter with less that 50 followers trying to get attention for the doping obsessives on twitter.

ID your so-called 'source'.Wow. History's not your strong suit, is it?Them and your back alley "source", evidently.

I am not a journalist .I dont need to id any source
I always knew you were a nasty piece of rubbish but attacking me on here to make yourself seem big is so low even for you

If any team ends a star contract for 'no reason' one would try and find the reason

seems history is not your strong suit,neither is journalism...all the other riders left Sunweb this time Sunweb cancelled the contract

...just petty barbs is about your limit .

Reactions: veganrob

TRENDING THREADS