• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

support for lance website

May 26, 2010
Visit site
http://road.cc/content/news/23751-lance-armstrong-needs-you-probably

Among the many genuinely supportive messages on the site are one or two worth mentioning, including this, from ‘Candy’: “I never forget him coming into our bar with his team. He always was a generous tipper and knew not to touch. A man with manners no matter what.”

And this one, from ‘SwissPharma’: “Thanks for your efforts on raising our product awareness! Nobody does it better.”

There’s also this one, from ‘H. Verbruggen’ (Hein Verbruggen was head of the UCI from 1991 to 2005): “Lance my dear friend. Just wanted you to know that I am here and will support you until the very end, or until Floyd's story is corroborated – whichever comes first. Long live the king!”
:D

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

Among the many genuinely supportive messages on the site are one or two worth mentioning, including this, from ‘Candy’: “I never forget him coming into our bar with his team. He always was a generous tipper and knew not to touch. A man with manners no matter what.”

And this one, from ‘SwissPharma’: “Thanks for your efforts on raising our product awareness! Nobody does it better.”

There’s also this one, from ‘H. Verbruggen’ (Hein Verbruggen was head of the UCI from 1991 to 2005): “Lance my dear friend. Just wanted you to know that I am here and will support you until the very end, or until Floyd's story is corroborated – whichever comes first. Long live the king!”

A good laff, chaupae

A

Anonymous

Yea, I liked this one too: "Without your help, I would never have flown up that mountain like I had 6'3" 170lb wings! Thanks for teaching me how to make the impossible possible!" G. Hincapie

I don't think they get it, do they?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I would bet that 50% of the "support-messages" came and still will come from the multiaccounting "lancelovers" out of the cn-clinicpersonal (hint: flickers son) - the usual suspects who will be celebrating themselfes now on the shoulders of a giant, hiding behind anonymity and joking on cost and in name of some cycling-celebs.
Really really brave and funny. :rolleyes:
I mentioned earlier that this clinic and most of it's staff is like a big, ugly, witchhunting propagandamachine.

Ok, lets start this ugly game.
I'll take care of this whole thing.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, I liked this one too: "Without your help, I would never have flown up that mountain like I had 6'3" 170lb wings! Thanks for teaching me how to make the impossible possible!" G. Hincapie

I don't think they get it, do they?

Without a doubt, the vast majority of them do not.

Some great laughs for the rest of us, though!

Cobblestoned said:
I would bet that 50% of the "support-messages" came and still will come from the multiaccounting "lancelovers" out of the cn-clinicpersonal (hint: flickers son) - the usual suspects who will be celebrating themselfes now on the shoulders of a giant, hiding behind anonymity and joking on cost and in name of some cycling-celebs.
I mentioned earlier that this clinic and most of it's staff is like a big, ugly, witchhunting propagandamachine.

It's not witchhunting if you're actually guilty.

Also, I don't think anyone claims joking about this is particularly brave, but it is quite funny regardless.

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh gawsh. :D

It'll be interesting to see how long this "support website" stays up, unless they screen and filter the messages...which would be a 24/7 job in itself. So far I've seen mostly joke-messages... I highly doubt "Bert C" and "Bertie" and "Amgen" are actually the entities themselves.

But I've got it saved to my faves if for nothing but to see some funnies with my morning coffee.

Thanks for posting the link.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
It's not witchhunting if you're actually guilty.

Also, I don't think anyone claims joking about this is particularly brave, but it is quite funny regardless.

Innocent till the opposite is proven. This is what I learned and how it is handled in my country.
I don't know what your understanding of law/justice is or from which country you come from. But it seems like a kind of lynching-justice or self-justice what you practice.

Yes, brave in no way and I would laugh about too, if this "idea" wasn't abused by the usual suspects.

Cobblestoned said:
Innocent till the opposite is proven. This is what I learned and how it is handled in my country.
I don't know what your understanding of law/justice is or from which country you come from. But it seems like a kind of lynching-justice or self-justice what you practice.

Yes, brave in no way and I would laugh about too, if this "idea" wasn't abused by the usual suspects.
My understanding of law is that when there's reasonable evidence of a crime having been committed you launch a criminal investigation which can in no way be called a witchhunt. Personally, I'm not legally involved in this, so I can make up my mind after looking at the evidence we have and joke about it as I see fit.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:

Yes, The Clinic on CN Forums is a machine which peddles propaganda capable of worldwide influence. The Clinic's staff members are all former ITAR-TASS employees who were forced into early retirement at the Cold War's end and who have for years sought a new ax worthy of grinding. Their new mission is to inundate the unofficial "Lance support Website" thereby single-handedly turning worldwide public opinion against Lance Armstrong while at the same time making him cry as he recovers from the "serious injuries" he sustained during the 2010 Tour de France.

BTW If by "I mentioned earlier . . ." you mean that you mention it pretty much all the time, then yes, you are correct. It must hurt to care so much for something so deeply flawed. Thank you for your ongoing dedication to exposing it for what it is for all to see.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

This site was created either by a clever Landis supporter or a dumb Armstrong supporter. The test that will tell us which will come from watching the hilarious comments grow - or be taken out.

Here's my favorite: "Thanks for showing me the way. I just wish I had been more vigilant and diligent, like you." by R. Heras.

If you go to http://www.whois.net/whois/lancesupport.org, you can see the site is registered by a pro in the web business - someone who specializes in SEO (search engine optimization). He does not appear to be involved in cycling in any way, so this looks like a hired job by someone. Time will tell by who.

A

Anonymous

still think the strock one is the best

"When Erich, Ernie,Gerrik and I were sick we thought a lot about our time on the National team with you and Chris. Chris was so generous in his support and later Rene and Steve as well. Whenever I see you on the TV racing or in a commercial I remember back when I used to race and how much I miss it."

or Darach (Mcquad?)
Lance, I bought one of your bikes many years ago on ebay. Was glad to buy it as I know the money went to such a worthwhile endeavour. I still ride it, although im not as slim as I was. And everytime i ride it I think of you. Good Luck.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Bio

From the BIO page:

•In 1996 he was considered the best cyclist in the world and was part of the U.S. Cycling Team in the Atlanta Summer Olympic Games

He was? By whom exactly?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
michele ferry speak out too

'Lance you are my inspiration.
I have worked with this disease for 30 years but you have done more for awareness of its power than any other sportstar. Not only did you work with me on this disease, you embraced it exclusively. But even when you succeeded you continued to offer your time and generous financial contributions to aid my research.

Livestrong and hopefully long.'

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Tubeless said:
This site was created either by a clever Landis supporter or a dumb Armstrong supporter. The test that will tell us which will come from watching the hilarious comments grow - or be taken out.

Here's my favorite: "Thanks for showing me the way. I just wish I had been more vigilant and diligent, like you." by R. Heras.

If you go to http://www.whois.net/whois/lancesupport.org, you can see the site is registered by a pro in the web business - someone who specializes in SEO (search engine optimization). He does not appear to be involved in cycling in any way, so this looks like a hired job by someone. Time will tell by who.

I go for a dumb Landis supporter or a h**** who even spends some money on that, just to have "fun". ;)

Time will tell...very soon. Very soon.

I think this shows what a joke Armstrong has become. No one takes him seriously anymore. The people posting these p1sstakes just laugh at him because a liar. Some us get wound up about Lance the liar but it shows the general public don’t believe in him anymore.

My new fav:

This one comes from CN forum clinic on Sep 14th, 2010. - We love you Lance, you're an inspiration to all of us.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Or at least, innocent once the cheque clears... right Klodi?

That site is hilarious.

John Wilcockson "Lance, really enjoyed our working partnership. You have encouraged me to make a full time career out of writing fiction."

Christophe B "Le vraie M. Propre? C'est toi mon mec"

R. Heras "Thanks for showing me the way. I just wish I had been more vigilant and diligent, like you."

Darach "Lance, I bought one of your bikes many years ago on ebay. Was glad to buy it as I know the money went to such a worthwhile endeavour."

Greg Strock, Bertie, Bruyneel, Il Pirata, the list goes on. Funny stuff.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
I tried to put something up there (pretty benign, really), but it said that it needs approval and it hasn't shown up yet.

I think we've seen enough to understand what this site is about. An educated guess is that there are some highly-paid lawyers at work trying to bring this site down right now. The complication is that the site's registered owner is in Canada. But I'd predict that either via a "donation" or a court order the site will soon cease to exist. Make copies now before it goes BOOM !