• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sylvain Chavanel

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Could OPQS be playing the bunch by saying SC is leader to take attention away from Tommy B who has been sandbagging waiting for these next few races.
Do they want all focus on Sag and Canc so they can play a free hand here.
If everyone concentrates solely on these two, OPQS might let the waiting cat out of the bag with Tommy B. Or am I reading too much chess tactics into it.
He's dirty. Perhaps the most suspicious Frenchman.
Hmmm....... I think little tommy voukler might just take that title

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
No one wants death, pain, war, corruption, famine etc either, but life is what it is and humans are what they are.

Oh and, "yes I think hes dirty"

Massive chapeau for this, so much truth, and so much sadness because of it. As I get older I feel it more keenly, and it makes me ever more melancholy

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
pepcalais said:
Could OPQS be playing the bunch by saying SC is leader to take attention away from Tommy B who has been sandbagging waiting for these next few races.
Do they want all focus on Sag and Canc so they can play a free hand here.
If everyone concentrates solely on these two, OPQS might let the waiting cat out of the bag with Tommy B. Or am I reading too much chess tactics into it.

Hmmm....... I think little tommy voukler might just take that title

when you've won RVV 3 times (even if your out of form) no matter what, people will watch you. Naming Chavanel as leader won't be enough to take attention away from Boonen.

chav needs to turn it on, he can suck badly when he doesnt dig in, thats really question when even on a bad day lads are putting in strong time trials and finishing top 20s. chavanel can be poor in time trials but when he wants it he does very well.

Has improved for the move just for focusing on the right races

The Hitch said:
I think a lot of us probably subliminally think Voeckler is worse than he is, because jens_Attacks supports him so passionately.
Lol :D

So true. When in doubt if a rider is dirty, just ask yourself 'Would J_A cheer for him?'

In my case it's also because he is just so damn annoying (Voeckler that is. I love J_A) :p

funny that this thread just appeared now because of his performance during the VDK-Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde and not of his two stage win in the 2010 TDF.......

anyways... "OPQS program" ain't working for him at all"-why? No "shocking improvements" and "stage wins" to justify the gains. we all know the standards nowadays are set by SKY where every single damn rider of that team is almost a GT rider-so to state that Chava is suddenly a marvel of the doping program at OPQS is silly...

and yes- he dopes;)

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
Does that make him clean?

If he performs well now he's given more opportunity, it's because he hasn't had that opportunity in the past, so we can accept any success he achieves, because he has the support of a strong team.

Just want to be sure.

Man, that join date really was when you started watching cycling wasn't it.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Usually I'd put the whole of Europcar ahead of him but he's having a huge crack isn't it?

Plus he did start his career under Bernaudeau...

Europcar weren't the Green Armada until...well, they went green.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
will10 said:
Man, that join date really was when you started watching cycling wasn't it.

It was sarcasm my friend. Sorry for not including some sort of smilie, I'll do better next time, promise.

Suggest you read the post it was a response to to, then reread what I said. Then read what you said. Should be illuminating. Shout me if you need any help with the longer words :p

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
It was sarcasm my friend. Sorry for not including some sort of smilie, I'll do better next time, promise.

Suggest you read the post it was a response to to, then reread what I said. Then read what you said. Should be illuminating. Shout me if you need any help with the longer words :p

Let's try again.

Chavanel has had opportunities in the classics for years.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
With Chavanel, Tony M. and Cavendish in form would you bet against OPQS hitting double figures for stage wins at this year's Tour? Wouldn't that be something.

Mr.38% said:
Peaking nicely.
Chavanel is IMO the example of "reasonable doping" since 2008 when he had a sudden few % improvement and just after left Cofidis for Quickstep. Not blatant blood doping but maybe little doses of EPO or just cortisone, something he could not do any longer in Boyer's team.
Anyway his victory in this "weak" french championship is just sad for the second, Jeremy Roy, who is really a (clean) nice guy.

Gregga said:
Chavanel is IMO the example of "reasonable doping" since 2008 when he had a sudden few % improvement and just after left Cofidis for Quickstep. Not blatant blood doping but maybe little doses of EPO or just cortisone, something he could not do any longer in Boyer's team.
Anyway his victory in this "weak" french championship is just sad for the second, Jeremy Roy, who is really a (clean) nice guy.

Its very problematic for sure. Now Chavanel could help OPQS deliver a yellow jersey to Cav after the TTT in the tour.

Sporting results just aren't credible enough for me at this point.