• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 462 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

these guys act like they don't serve Pog just like girls from Romania when they come to Rocco Sifredi's for casting, only to be splashed on them, ok if they want a new golden shower tomorrow, GOAT will deliver it to the yellow army

The conversation about bad weather for Pogacar is BS. Yes, the majority of the riders suffer more in bad weather, but Pogacar it's opposite, based on the claims Pogacar and the UAE perfomance staff said in the past. Yes, Pogacar already said he is better in bad weather, it suits him, and you just need to remember romme/colombiere where the weather was even worse than today.

So, the conditions for Pogacar today were very good, and he disappointed a lot, specially because of silly statements that he was going to be a lot better this year.
Dude, he is not better in bad weather, he just copes better the rain than his rivals which means his performance don't go down too much but there is no rider who can climb a mountain faster on wet roads instead of dry roads.

guys, relax, I told you nicely, but you persistently don't listen, in the next 4 years, Pog will not lose a single one-week and grand tour race, everything else is not important, and that is as safe as in your safe, today was a bit stronger training that he works in Monaco, you persistently deny the fact who is writing about Pog, someone very familiar with the situation
Love Pogi but you are such a troll.

Dude, he is not better in bad weather, he just copes better the rain than his rivals which means his performance don't go down too much but there is no rider who can climb a mountain faster on wet roads instead of dry roads.
The very fact that this even requires an explanation on a cycling forum shows the blinkered nature of cycling fans. He set a record time in horrible weather conditions having rode much of the climb solo and was most likely riding within himself. That’s about all we know, it’s difficult to extrapolate that information and speculate how it might have compared to Vingegaard. But to my mind, at least visually, it was a brutal show of strength.

I wasn't talking directly about that( the part of 15 s faster than ciccone was messing a bit), i was saying that in terms of power, it wasn't a superb performance. Pogacar already did better than this in the past, with worse weather than today.

guys, relax, I told you nicely, but you persistently don't listen, in the next 4 years, Pog will not lose a single one-week and grand tour race, everything else is not important, and that is as safe as in your safe, today was a bit stronger training that he works in Monaco, you persistently deny the fact who is writing about Pog, someone very familiar with the situation
What are you, a time traveler?

Why don't you use your super powers to get rich from sports betting instead of just annoying us luddites?

So, the conditions for Pogacar today were very good, and he disappointed a lot, specially because of silly statements that he was going to be a lot better this year.
His fans are not disappointed that he won by 2 minutes. His detractors might be disappointed that he won by 2 minutes, but you seem to think that he should have won by even more, so I guess haters like you should also be happy. So who is disappointed?

You're also conveniently ignoring the fact that he obviously wasn't treating this as a maximal test. He's supposed to be on cruise control until July; why would he push it to the max in March?

Reactions: scribers and Vudy
His fans are not disappointed that he won by 2 minutes. His detractors might be disappointed that he won by 2 minutes, but you seem to think that he should have won by even more, so I guess haters like you should also be happy. So who is disappointed?

You're also conveniently ignoring the fact that he obviously wasn't treating this as a maximal test. He's supposed to be on cruise control until July; why would he push it to the max in March?
At least this year, the excuse "he had the Giro in his legs" will not be valid.

What are u talking about? U dont have a clue about performance and power to weight ratio. U were making an analogy of pogs stage 8 2021 tour performance where the altitude there was much lower and u say today's performance is less.😖
While I agree with the gist of what you are saying, individual response to altitude is highly variable so we can't accurately back out that factor for a "sea level equivalent" w/kg.

6.66 for 18 minutes seems a tad too high given the apparent exertion level (AE, from here on out) or Pog is just really good at hiding his discomfort.