• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 460 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
say what you want, but I wouldn't bring Ayuso to the Tour, it's clear to Almeida who's the boss and he'll be an excellent assistant, unlike that little jealous Spaniard, I'd go with little Del Toro instead of him
You are right mate, almeida as a super domestique is very good, adam yates the same. They should go with mcnulty instead of ayuso.

The main problem is that, looking at the performance of today, Pogacar doesn't have the power to beat Vingegaard in the Tour. I expected a lot more after hearing your statements.

Just 15 s better than ciccone? C'mon buddie.

Maybe the tatic of UAE is going with ayuso to attack with a lot of leaders, and trying to break Vingegaard, because emirates staff don't believe Pogi can do it alone.

• Haha
Reactions: Brullnux
Just 15 s better than ciccone? C'mon buddie.
Are you trolling or being serious? Asking since you’re repeating this over and over. The weather conditions makes a pretty big time difference I would assume, wheter it’s 10 seconds or 30 seconds I have no idea of, but it seems pretty stupid to just repeat “15 seconds better than Ciccone” without context.

Are you trolling or being serious? Asking since you’re repeating this over and over. The weather conditions makes a pretty big time difference I would assume, wheter it’s 10 seconds or 30 seconds I have no idea of, but it seems pretty stupid to just repeat “15 seconds better than Ciccone” without context.
Not to mention Pogacar letting up at about a KM to go. Someone already said his strava was about a minute faster than Evenepoel’s last year and that was in a sprint for the win.

He was about ten seconds faster than Ciccone last year. Javier Sola is a charlatan and a bald fraud.
How much would the weather slow him and what was the official time anyway? Poursuivant posted above that it was a record and the huge gaps over everyone else would seem to confirm this. e.g. Enric Mas who is always a good benchmark at +1'49" and Kuss + 2'03".

He also didn't launch his attack until 6.5km from the summit. On paper this seems as impressive as anything Vingegaard has shown recently.

The conversation about bad weather for Pogacar is BS. Yes, the majority of the riders suffer more in bad weather, but Pogacar it's opposite, based on the claims Pogacar and the UAE perfomance staff said in the past. Yes, Pogacar already said he is better in bad weather, it suits him, and you just need to remember romme/colombiere where the weather was even worse than today.

So, the conditions for Pogacar today were very good, and he disappointed a lot, specially because of silly statements that he was going to be a lot better this year.

guys, relax, I told you nicely, but you persistently don't listen, in the next 4 years, Pog will not lose a single one-week and grand tour race, everything else is not important, and that is as safe as in your safe, today was a bit stronger training that he works in Monaco, you persistently deny the fact who is writing about Pog, someone very familiar with the situation

The conversation about bad weather for Pogacar is BS. Yes, the majority of the riders suffer more in bad weather, but Pogacar it's opposite, based on the claims Pogacar and the UAE perfomance staff said in the past. Yes, Pogacar already said he is better in bad weather, it suits him, and you just need to remember romme/colombiere where the weather was even worse than today.

So, the conditions for Pogacar today were very good, and he disappointed a lot, specially because of silly statements that he was going to be a lot better this year.
He disappointed a lot? :rolleyes:. To the contrary - I am not basing this on anything mou has posted either. Today from Pogacar must surely match anything we have seen from Vingegaard so far this season? Its only March and Pogacar needs to measure his efforts for the season ahead - unlike Vingegaard. Yet huge gaps opened in just 6.5Km and Catalunya has a strong field of climbers.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
He disappointed a lot? :rolleyes:. To the contrary - I am not basing this on anything mou has posted either. Today from Pogacar must surely match anything we have seen from Vingegaard so far this season? Its only March and Pogacar needs to measure his efforts for the season ahead - unlike Vingegaard. Yet huge gaps opened in just 6.5Km and Catalunya has a strong field of climbers.
The field was very weak today, but it's also because i expected a bit more from guys like Kuss.

When i see chris harper in 6th place 1 min 40 down.....

from the best cyclist 2019-2023 with San Millan, Pog 2024 GOAT with Javier Sola and that's not because Sola is a miracle, but because he introduced modern training at the level of Ineos, Bora, etc. you have no idea how fraudulent and ignorant Millan is, he lives in the 20th century with his zone 2, and nothing else exists, neither TT training, nor heat training, nor intervals, scammer.....

It was a good effort, but nothing not expected from pogi. Don't think you can really compare the routes of this with most of what Jonas has done so fare. As for competition, it's up to you to rate ayuso and hindly against vlasov and landa.

from the best cyclist 2019-2023 with San Millan, Pog 2024 GOAT with Javier Sola and that's not because Sola is a miracle, but because he introduced modern training at the level of Ineos, Bora, etc. you have no idea how fraudulent and ignorant Millan is, he lives in the 20th century with his zone 2, and nothing else exists, neither TT training, nor heat training, nor intervals, scammer.....
Pogacar did better performances with San millan, than the perfomance he did today.