• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 639 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just finished listening to the move podcast.

Bruyneel said a source in the UAE camp told him that Pogačar has improved 13 to 15 watts when compared to the Giro and has dropped his weight from 65.5kg to 64kg.

He also said that UAE TT bike is now 750g lighter which could come in handy for the last TT.
1.5 kg is a lot, specially if we add a 15 watts power increment. This tell us he can be 30-45 seconds faster in climbs like Plateau de beille or Galibier.

they was ripping the peleton to pieces up Barbotto at the top there but when they stopped it slowed down and gathered. Pogacar and the team like the rest properly knew in advance of the headwind at the end and it would make zero sense to continue something that would cost way more than what they could gain on it.

The pbm uae got thanks to marxin is they dont have enough roulers so that they can hard pace on preceding climbs and still some can be left to position the leaders for the crucial climbs. Thats what is gonna happen tomorrow, they will hard pace on the preceding climbs and nowhere near front on the final sanluca.

Reactions: James M
they was ripping the peleton to pieces up Barbotto at the top there but when they stopped it slowed down and gathered. Pogacar and the team like the rest properly knew in advance of the headwind at the end and it would make zero sense to continue something that would cost way more than what they could gain on it.

I had the impression that someone(Yates?) went ahead to slow down the pace...

The pbm uae got thanks to marxin is they dont have enough roulers so that they can hard pace on preceding climbs and still some can be left to position the leaders for the crucial climbs. Thats what is gonna happen tomorrow, they will hard pace on the preceding climbs and nowhere near front on the final sanluca.
I wonder why they don't have Hirshi/Ulissi in the TdF team. They should sign also some solid TT engine.

Just finished listening to the move podcast.

Bruyneel said a source in the UAE camp told him that Pogačar has improved 13 to 15 watts when compared to the Giro and has dropped his weight from 65.5kg to 64kg.

He also said that UAE TT bike is now 750g lighter which could come in handy for the last TT.

This is equivalent of 0.4 w/kg threshold change, ridiculous improvement since the Giro. If that's really the case his rivals had better pack their bags and go home and the clinic will soon explode. Does Bruyneel know mou? :p

You are absolutely right. Obviously I don't believe in this outrageous progress. If Pogacar is better by 0.1 w/kg since the Giro (i.e. by losing 1 kg without power decrease) it's already significant.
Tomorrow is a good stage to test his true level. Fortunately for him, he will have Yates to launch him this time. I think he won't stop unless Jonas is on his wheel.

Reactions: SHAD0W93