• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 640 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is equivalent of 0.4 w/kg threshold change, ridiculous improvement since the Giro. If that's really the case his rivals had better pack their bags and go home and the clinic will soon explode. Does Bruyneel know mou? :p
Exactly, if his source is to be believed that would be doing a negative split of 7.3w/kg for 12 minutes instead of 6.9w/kg for 13mins on foscagno. Which would be close to 8w/kg adjusted to altitude😉 mou would be like lmao

There was a moment in the last 10k where the camera was on him for a few seconds. He was nose breathing and looked fresh like the race just started. I also expect him to go full gas tomorrow. He was more than ready today, but perhaps they are thinking ahead and stage 4 is also a good one for him.
Nah, we will have 18 seconds just on bonus so UAE will demolish tomorrow. The only way to not see him winning tomorrow is if he crashes or Vingegaard is able to follow him.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Didnt watch the stage as life came in the way as it sometimes can in the weekends. Also figured it was about to get home safe for all GC folks today and try to save energy in the extremely hot weather.

But how did he look, body language? Any reason to believe at all he looks fresh after the giro and ready to breakt he peleton in one of the upcoming days? or most likely impossible to judge today i assume.

Didnt watch the stage as life came in the way as it sometimes can in the weekends. Also figured it was about to get home safe for all GC folks today and try to save energy in the extremely hot weather.

But how did he look, body language? Any reason to believe at all he looks fresh after the giro and ready to breakt he peleton in one of the upcoming days? or most likely impossible to judge today i assume.
Can't really judge it by today's stage. UAE did try to break the peloton but they ran out of domestiques quickly and Ayuso was also struggling so they stopped. We'll know more tomorrow when Pogi inevitably attacks on the final San Luca climb.

Impossible to judge i think he look fresh he said after the stage that he was feeling really good

Reactions: velaso montador
Ayuso and almeida are toxic personalities i wish
next year we could see the atmosphere in the bus after yesterdays stage on netflix. It was clear that once his turn was coming up ayuso goes to the back bluffing to be dropped by a tratnik pace 🤬

Ayuso and almeida are toxic personalities i wish
next year we could see the atmosphere in the bus after yesterdays stage on netflix. It was clear that once his turn was coming up ayuso goes to the back bluffing to be dropped by a tratnik pace 🤬
He might be ill for real it has been reported the covid thing on him so he might need a week . I dont know.

We really don't know why UAE didn't continue to push the pace yesterday efter Sivakov was done.
Maybe Ayuso was a bit cooked because of the heat, he sure didn't look superfresh.
And start using superdoms like Almedia and Yates so early in the tour and in a phase of the stage when the climbs left weren't that hard, maybe not that smart.

Reactions: James M
We really don't know why UAE didn't continue to push the pace yesterday efter Sivakov was done.
Maybe Ayuso was a bit cooked because of the heat, he sure didn't look superfresh.
And start using superdoms like Almedia and Yates so early in the tour and in a phase of the stage when the climbs left weren't that hard, maybe not that smart.
I think they rode Barbetto hard just to see how the others felt. When they all had no problem... they aborted.

It was still a long way to the finish from there. It would have been dumb and futile to go all out for little gain.

Today is a better opportunity to get a few seconds, with a shorter effort that more has to do with explosiveness and acceleration.

I think they rode Barbetto hard just to see how the others felt. When they all had no problem... they aborted.

It was still a long way to the finish from there. It would have been dumb and futile to go all out for little gain.

Today is a better opportunity to get a few seconds, with a shorter effort that more has to do with explosiveness and acceleration.
Kind of agree, but I also suspect that they might have aborted because they noticed Ayuso struggling a bit. Sivakov starts pacing the 3rd last climb for about 1k, then he just stops and Visma LAB takes over. Ayuso is then among the last in the bunch. Did Visma take over because Ayuso was struggling a bit or was is it because they wanted to start limiting the time to the break for van Aert?

B/c ayuso doesn't wanna s*** his gc chance working early. If it was the giro team, everyone knows their job and would pull like animals. I would say pog would atleast test jonas if not ride away.

Ayuso is so toxic. He clearly doesn't understand what his level is. He thinks he is better than he really is. If I was in UAE, I would let him go for other team.
And you said to me i was just creating "chaos" last week, when i spoke about the problems of bring ayuso, yates and almeida together. Ayuso and almeida hid in the peloton yesterday, to not work.

Reactions: yaf and snipeheem
B/c ayuso doesn't wanna s*** his gc chance working early. If it was the giro team, everyone knows their job and would pull like animals. I would say pog would atleast test jonas if not ride away.
That might the case thinking about it but lets see. Its alo very early and the covid report should be taken into consideration it very well atleast now be the case hes not 100% too for me to early to tell yet.

And you said to me i was just creating "chaos" last week, when i spoke about the problems of bring ayuso, yates and almeida together. Ayuso and almeida hid in the peloton yesterday, to not work.
They still didn't create anything. Yesterday wasn't the day, we will have a clear picture on stage 4. I didn't say that because of yesterday, I said because he raced Amstel, FW and DNS Liège because Pogacar was there.