• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That ride wasn't too bright was it?

I think he screwed up a big chance of taking the title there.

Of course, it was nice to see somebody finally breaking the deadlock but when you have a chance to win in the deep finale, you don't go alone at that point.

Well, I guess he made himself more popular by this than by using Roglic as his dom... They just did not have the strongest team, this was their way to try something. The others who just waited for the "climber's race" to come did not succeed either. I am not sure he would have won a sprint against van Aert or Alaphilippe... And in the end I suppose he does not care much, having just won the Tour.

That ride wasn't too bright was it?

I think he screwed up a big chance of taking the title there.

Of course, it was nice to see somebody finally breaking the deadlock but when you have a chance to win in the deep finale, you don't go alone at that point.
The way he jumped away, with Benoot keeping him in his sights on the climb, didn't give me the impression we were seeing the same Pogacar we saw on Peyresourde.

The way he jumped away, with Benoot keeping him in his sights on the climb, didn't give me the impression we were seeing the same Pogacar we saw on Peyresourde.
We were seeing a 21 year old rider after 6 hours and 14,000' of grinding climbing. No one wanted to go then and the teams kept him close. That could have happened to just about any other rider that attempted it and didn't get at least several, strong break companions to help.

Still going strong. It's a shame there's only De Ronde left in his calendar this year (hopefully it goes ahead as planned). He has shown today he will be a threat also in the cassics for years to come.

I remember when I was watching theTour coverage on Rai, Beppe Conti compared Pogačar to Felice Gimondi and asked Saronni what does he think about it. Saronni replied that he can't think of anyone comparable to Pogačar because he has no weaknesses. He excells everywhere, on any type of terrain. He might have not lied about it.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Shame from a fan perspective as always fun to see the GC boys drop into the cobbled classics and try to mix it with the big guys. With his punchiness and bike handling skills I could have envisaged him having a real chance of being up in contention at the end for RVV.
I think GC guys might be in the mix for top 15 in De Ronde but their lack of sprint will make it wholly impossible for them to win it as they also don't have the explosiveness on the bergs to fly away and they would basically have to hit a miracle solo attack on terrain that's not favorable to them.

Really, guys like Pogacar and Roglic can have a bit of a sprint on them compared to other climbers and they might win an Ardennes classic with it, but they'd get beaten in a sprint by most cobbled riders and completely stomped by a guy like Van Aert.

I think the only chance there is for a GC guy winning de Ronde is a guy like Dumoulin or Thomas winning in a similar way to Niki Terpstra.

Tadej Pogacar, in the eyes of his mother. Interview with his mom and family (French, use a translator):

Tadej with his parents, younger sister and girlfriend

ElZsfiCWkAICT9K

TRENDING THREADS