• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I undrstood it a bit differently. Not only did they not win - they never classified higher in GC than Pogacar in any stage race where he started.
They tried to solve the problem by buying all of the riders who won a stage race Pogacar rode in 2020 (apart from Pog himself).

As for Roglic, Ineos finished higher than him in Paris - Nice 2021 with Van Baarle.

Suprising fact from GCN. Ineos have never won a race where Pogacar has started
I undrstood it a bit differently. Not only did they not win - they never classified higher in GC than Pogacar in any stage race where he started. Nor did they classify higher than Roglic for than matter (Sky did though..).
They said that Tour 2018 was the last stage race INEOS won with either Roglič or Pogačar on the startlist. Since then the've won 19 stage races, but none when at least one of the two Slovenians was participating.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He will lose a bit of time to others in the two ITT's at the TDF which will lead to more exciting racing as he will need to ride an attacking race.

That's a Roglic fantasy scenario, i.e. because Ineos would suddenly become his best friends. Pogacar attack = Ineos train chasing him down/managing the gap. Certainly if he attacks over 5km out.

I mean whichever one (Pog or Rog) needs to go on the offensive in the mountains will have a dark blue Sky train riding down on him... with Rog (in that scenario) sitting on their wheels waiting to counter-attack.

So many endless possibilities for action, which is why that TT on stage 5 looks so tasty (& those puncheur stages on day 1 & 2 as well). Because it'll create much needed GC time gaps before the first Alpine stages. Tignes in particular is going to be a major battleground.

Hmm, maybe there is hope the TdF isn't a walkover based upon Pogacar's national TT champs result - Pogi is human? 2nd behind Pogi at Tour of Slovenia was Ulissi so that isn't a great indicator.

Maybe last season was Covid related. In any case Ineos look very strong. JV don't look as strong as 2020 either, I think its game on but then I'm usually wrong ;)

• Wow

TRENDING THREADS