• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
E4vLf4nXIAc2XsR

Where most of the "rider x bad teammate" come from, I guess.
Didn't have the legs to help his captain. Was dropped earlier than forum expected. People complained he didn't care about the team.

Add "bad teammate" points if said captain was/is a forum darling.

Add more "pain teammate" points if said rider a few days later ended up in a break that got a significant amount of time, and ended up competing for the win. Because then he'd obviously just been saving himself.

Pra Loup stage of 2015 when Majka turned his radio off so he wouldn't have to drop back and help Contador after his crash.

Sagan was far more useful, hanging with the lead group over the Allos and giving Contador his bike after the crash
Well that is 6 years ago, a lot could have changed now. He might have much more hope to so a good GC himself. I think he does not make himself any illusions on UAE. He was hired to help Tadej. And they seem to have invested building up a bond between them by letting them train mostly together.

I think if there is one on that team that will go his own way, it will be Hirschi. Unfortunately he got into the crashes today so we might never know.

Reactions: Sandisfan