• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 69 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
At the moment it looks like the Tour could be another battle between the two Slovenians, although you can't rule out Ineos, because of their collective strength. Roglic is out for revenge and wants to repeat his tactics from the Vuelta.

The two time trials might be crucial, because the differences in the mountains might be limited. It wouldn't be bad for Pogacar if Roglic took yellow on Wednesday in the time trial. That could mean Jumbo has to control the race for the next ten days or so.

UAE look strong and motivated, but we don't know yet if they can control the Tour as a team. Several of his teammates were involved in the crash yesterday. Pogacar's best chances to attack are probably in the third week, with the tough finishes on the Col du Portet and Luzardiden. The ultimate decision might be in the final time trial.
I think a breakaway is likely to take the yellow jersey on Friday if one of the contenders takes it in the ITT.

Reactions: will-10
I am sure he will at least try….
It's a bit of a tough one to predict. You can see the big breakaway happen, but DQS and Alpecin should at least both be interested in keeping it together, while GC teams do their "part" during the run for positioning.

Pogacar might be interested to test Roglic' endurance. And I think a 20km solo is actually possible here. The main climb here IMO is a bit harder than ideal for VdP

Reactions: jmdirt
For the race dynamic it will be important how good Pogacars team is.

McNulty seemed to be Pogacars best teammate on sunday. He also has Majka.

Who of his teammates crashed on Saturday? Just heard from Hirschi who will not be a lot of help (at least during the first week)..

I saw a very good Bjerg and Laengen. Formolo did his job and Costa bring Pogacar in the good position. Hirschi finished the stage not in the last group. So the team was good yesterday!

Reactions: jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS