• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 95 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There is a small possibility UAE could consider a Giro Vuelta double. It's the easiest double and definitely doable without risking of burning out. At the same time he could become the youngest to hold all 3 GTs, something that Bernal also has the chance at the current Vuelta. That's quite an interesting record, and if he does it next year, it would be a record very hard to beat.

While Tour is the most important overall, Giro and Vuelta are beating Tour in terms of viewership in their own countries and maybe some others as well. If you combine them, the viewership difference is not that large. After already winning 2 TdFs and therefore already well known to TdF public, I think the reach for new viewers would be higher with Giro-Vuelta. You would also get 2 big focal points in terms of coverage.

I still think he would go for Tour but going for Giro-Vuelta also makes sense.

There is a small possibility UAE could consider a Giro Vuelta double.

From a secret source I got a chat transcription between the two Slovenian stars. Their plans are clear now:

Pog: Hey Primoz, how are you doing? What are the plans for 2022?
Rog: Hey. Obviously the Tour. Finally I have to win it, eh. Hopefully I'll stay on my bike. And yours?
Pog: Not sure yet. I'm hesitating.
Rog: Giro is a beautiful race, you should try it. Remco will be there and cold weather as well!
Pog: You are right. It's time to dent Remco's growing ego before it's too late. I'll do a Coppi on some snowy day!
Rog: That's great and don't forget about Vuelta. I beat you there 2 years back and you haven't won it yet.
Pog: This is a great plan, the double. How about you, Primoz? Your further plans.
Rog: No worries, I will win the Tour easily (the strongest rival will be my helper) and then I'm gone to restart my ski-jumping career and get another Olympic Gold. The floor will be all yours.
Pog: What if you fall at the Tour?
Rog: No risk, no fun, eh. After ski-jumping seasons maybe I'll be riding Tour of Basque Country, just for fun. Maybe I will win it 10 times in a row.
Pog: So all 3 GT for Slovenia in 2022!
Rog: Why not, eh?

Last edited:
A
From a secret source I got a chat transcription between the two Slovenian stars. Their plans are clear now:

Pog: Hey Primoz, how are you doing? What are the plans for 2022?
Rog: Hey. Obviously the Tour. Finally I have to win it, eh. Hopefully I'll stay on my bike. And yours?
Pog: Not sure yet. I'm hesitating.
Rog: Giro is a beautiful race, you should try it. Remco will be there and cold weather as well!
Pog: You are right. It's time to dent Remco's growing ego before it's too late. I'll do a Coppi on some snowy day!
Rog: That's great and don't forget about Vuelta. I beat you there 2 years back and you haven't won it yet.
Pog: This is a great plan, the double. How about you, Primoz? Your further plans.
Rog: No worries, I will win the Tour easily (the strongest rival will be my helper) and then I'm gone to restart my ski-jumping career and get another Olympic Gold. The floor will be all yours.
Pog: What if you fall at the Tour?
Rog: No risk, no fun, eh. After ski-jumping seasons maybe I'll be riding Tour of Basque Country, just for fun. Maybe I will win it 10 times in a row.
Pog: So all 3 GT for Slovenia in 2022!
Rog: Why not, eh?

The use of English makes me suspect this is a fake, though the "eh"s are convincing. :smirk:

TRENDING THREADS