• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 182 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You were the one giving lessons and you did so pompously in two separate posts. I just called you out on it. Just for the record, since you've given a litany of all your sporting endeavors, I've raced in the Alpes over legendary passes and there is nothing more epic, dramatic and harrowing in sport. Leave out lessons giving.;)
I did leave out giving lessons. I never gave out any lessons. You interjected that I did, and your "racing in the Alps legendary passes" to pat yourself on the back. I didn't tell all of my sporting endeavors but if you want to think that the three I mentioned is all I have done that's fine, you can have the last word. Do you think I have not ridden mountains in Europe? It doesn't matter anyway in the context of my posts . But I am impressed that you have raced them.. and you must be proud of that to needlessly interject it as you have ..bravo. You seem to need that more than I do. Promise I won't respond so that you can have last word.

I did leave out giving lessons. I never gave out any lessons. You interjected that I did, and your "racing in the Alps legendary passes" to pat yourself on the back. I didn't tell all of my sporting endeavors but if you want to think that the three I mentioned is all I have done that's fine, you can have the last word. Do you think I have not ridden mountains in Europe? It doesn't matter anyway in the context of my posts . But I am impressed that you have raced them.. and you must be proud of that to needlessly interject it as you have ..bravo. You seem to need that more than I do. Promise I won't respond so that you can have last word.
I don't need to pat myself on the back, nor care in the least about what I or anyone else may have done in this context. The point was that you had brought up your resume, as if it mattered, so I just responded in kind. Look you were the one spouting off about how, in your infinite wisdom, you are here to correct our erroneous thinking and even "normalize" the forum (do you even realize how pompous that is?) and, pontifficating further, questioned the experience (forum wariors or something to that effect) of posters. Bravo te caro. I simply thought it pertinent to make known that some here actually have tons of experience.

Last edited:
Tadej Pogacar is still the best, he can win every GT and every monument. He's the #1.
Agree Pogi is still the #1 cyclist, with Wout #2 IMO, given that winning the Tour > all else, and Pogi does a lot on the “all else” category.

But for GC in GTs, how can you not put Vingegaard above Pogacar after this Tour, especially given what others, including Pogacar and his girlfriend, are saying? Pogacar was as good or better than in the past and Vingegaard beat him by over 3 minutes with more combined time gain in ITTs while not going all out at the end of the second one and two huge mountain victories with 4 minutes of time gain.

Agree Pogi is still the #1 cyclist, with Wout #2 IMO, given that winning the Tour > all else, and Pogi does a lot on the “all else” category.

But for GC in GTs, how can you not put Vingegaard above Pogacar after this Tour, especially given what others, including Pogacar and his girlfriend, are saying? Pogacar was as good or better than in the past and Vingegaard beat him by over 3 minutes with more combined time gain in ITTs while not going all out at the end of the second one and two huge mountain victories with 4 minutes of time gain.
That's where we differ: for me, Pog got it all wrong during the Granon stage, he was like a brave puppy chasing bunnies and butterflies. He blew himself up, Vingo picked up the pieces. Up until then, Pog was inflicting death by a thousand cuts on everybody. Tadej looked unstoppable...and he blew himself up.

Down 2+ minutes, JV turned the tables on Pogacar. Against such a strong team, evenly matched, Pog went Vino mode and that was a heck of a show. It would be great for Pogacar to fire one more shot on the Champs Elysees: attack with two lapses to go...or better, after the first celebratory lap. Pull a Remco Slovenian-style.

That's where we differ: for me, Pog got it all wrong during the Granon stage, he was like a brave puppy chasing bunnies and butterflies. He blew himself up, Vingo picked up the pieces. Up until then, Pog was inflicting death by a thousand cuts on everybody. Tadej looked unstoppable...and he blew himself up.

Down 2+ minutes, JV turned the tables on Pogacar. Against such a strong team, evenly matched, Pog went Vino mode and that was a heck of a show. It would be great for Pogacar to fire one more shot on the Champs Elysees: attack with two lapses to go...or better, after the first celebratory lap. Pull a Remco Slovenian-style.
No arguments from me about stage 11. But Stage 11 does not explain today's unbelievable TT result. Just 19 seconds down on a rampaging WvA on a 40K flat / rolling course perfectly suited to WvA.

No arguments from me about stage 11. But Stage 11 does not explain today's unbelievable TT result. Just 19 seconds down on a rampaging WvA on a 40K flat / rolling course perfectly suited to WvA.
Great point. That's why Tadej Pogacar kept on believing that he could win this bike race. He's that good. Now he needs a team around him. Starting with a DS who can tame the tiger a little bit...

Thinking about it right now, and for next year :
If Roglic didn't fall, during stage 11 he would most likely be within a minute of Pogi right(Vingo was at 39 secs, Thomas 1:16). Therefore it would have been the logic thing to do for Pogi to cover all the attacks during stage 11. And as this has shown, it actually did break him.
I imagine a scenario where actually if Roglic didnt get injured, Roglic and Vingo would probably reproduce the tactic over and over. I am afraid that this tactic might actually even make Roglic beat Pogacar.

tldr : If Roglic next year can stay within 1-2 minutes of Pogie, stage 11 tactic will happen over and over with efficiency. Pogi will become very vulnerable.

Jul 12, 2022
Visit site
Maybe there is something to gain in terms of his weight. He could shed a few more kilos and gain in climbing in exchange of some of that sprinting power. He looks very heavy from the waist down, his legs is almost as thick as the sprinters.

I don't need to pat myself on the back, nor care in the least about what I or anyone else may have done in this context. The point was that you had brought up your resume, as if it mattered, so I just responded in kind. Look you were the one spouting off about how, in your infinite wisdom, you are here to correct our erroneous thinking and even "normalize" the forum (do you even realize how pompous that is?) and, pontifficating further, questioned the experience (forum wariors or something to that effect) of posters. Bravo te caro. I simply thought it pertinent to make known that some here actually have tons of experience.
I don't really care about your guys' discussion, but if there is anything you love to do, it is to pat yourself on the back at every possible occasion.

TRENDING THREADS