• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 271 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If he doesn't crash, I think he will win. I can wear yellow already in the first stage. He and Yates will nuke the final climb, only a couple of riders will be able to follow.

The problem is that Vingegaard is a climbing monster. At his best he looks undroppable on climbs (no matter if shorter or longer). Remember last year's Mende? It was only 3 kms and Pog absolutely nuked it gaining a healthy advantage over the rest and yet Vinge was able to hold on. I do think that Pog can win the Tour by small gains here and there (not by dropping Vinge for good - unless it's very cold, when Pog rules) and by sticking to the Dane's wheel on the longest climbs. Anyway, absolutely the best version of Pog is needed for it to be possible (and we don't know if it will be the case given his setback).

Last edited:
The problem is that Vingegaard is a climbing monster. At his best he looks undroppable on climbs (no matter if shorter or longer). Remember last year's Mende? It was only 3 kms and Pog absolutely nuked it gaining a healthy advantage over the rest and yet Vinge was able to hold on. I do think that Pog can win the Tour by small gains here and there (not by dropping Vinge for good - unless it's very cold, when Pog rules) and by sticking to the Dane's wheel on the longest climbs. Anyway, absolutely the best version of Pog is needed for it to be possible (and we don't know if it will be the case given his setback).
dude you need to go out more....POg in equal form will drop vinge just as easy as he did in paris nice this year... You really need to go out more if you believe Pogacar cant drop vingegaard if hes on top form he smashes him. Vingegaard is far far away from those numbers pog has.

You need to go out more. Glad you went out more proud of you.

Last edited:
thats not the same as not getting dropped from a top form pogacar just as easy as in paris nice. dont get fooled about romance and the idea of something bro, im glad you went outside biking and indeed sure the skeleton man is a climbing monster but when you come back inside you got watch the television and watch paris nice mark that stage and then in some years you will understand every single time vingegaard gets dropped that yes indeeds hes a climbing monster but he is not a mutant and you will look back and think how you ever could think that pogacar could not drop him when hes on form how stupid you was then and how much more you know now,,, write that down son and again so noone hurts your feelings hes still a climbing monster.

But mutant is still suprior in every single way, just is.
Definitely suprior....
but just for clarification, was Pogacar not on form last July? Who looked like a "mutant" and who looked like a "monster", to use your own terms? And what about WVA and McNulty, were they mutant-like monsters on their big days?

Vingegaard is going to win.... It's pretty simple reasoning. And now that Pog has a weak wrist, it's more likely than ever.
Vingegaard will rule the Tour de France again this year.....so dry your eyes and enjoy the show:cool:

dude you need to go out more....POg in equal form will drop vinge just as easy as he did in paris nice this year... You really need to go out more if you believe Pogacar cant drop vingegaard if hes on top form he smashes him. Vingegaard is far far away from those numbers pog has.

You also need to go out more, and preferably forget the password for this site in the process...

You're arguing like a 12-year-old, it's really exasperating to behold.

That is why he would need advantage going in the hardest mountain stages. Then he should be covering Vinge attacks not the other way around as you stated. Unfortunately I do not know if he can get in best shape for the TDF and how the injury affected his preparation. I am hoping for cold rainy July in France ;)

Vingegaard is going to win.... It's pretty simple reasoning. And now that Pog has a weak wrist, it's more likely than ever.
Vingegaard will rule the Tour de France again this year.....so dry your eyes and enjoy the show:cool:
I expect you're from Denmark bc of your username.
I am from DK as well. But I hope Pogacar will win. Jonas Vingegaard is the peloton most boring rider. Both in style and as a person.
Pogacar deserve to win, he is a most bigger gift to the sport.
The way Jonas Vingegaard stay in altitude camp all year around to peak in the 3rd week of the Tour is a disgrace for the sport and the fans.

I am from DK as well. But I hope Pogacar will win. Jonas Vingegaard is the peloton most boring rider. Both in style and as a person.
The way Jonas Vingegaard stay in altitude camp all year around to peak in the 3rd week of the Tour is a disgrace for the sport and the fans.
Normally I just ignore the disrespect Jonas get from some users on this site, but this is just ridiculous. Granted Jonas is definitely socially awkward, but is that something to consider when winning bike races? Not if you are the strongest? But some sort of popularity contest? Do they need to do a bikini round to satisfy you?

Jonas is a stage racer, this is where his strengths lie, why expect him to ride the same season as Pog, when it will end in suboptimal results. Claiming he is the most boring rider in the peleton, is ofc subjective, but man you must be blind. Have you seen him attack and often destroy in most stage races he has ever done? Or don't you follow cycling?

Just this last TdF did he not attack Pog everytime it made any sense? Like giving us the insane drama of the Granon stage. We like who we like, but man it just gets old with the need to disrespect the performance of some riders.

Vingegaard basically said in an interview last week that the Tour is only thing that are important to him, and he'll go for Tour every year. I through the times with Lance Armstrong or Team Sky only riding for 1 goal a year was over, and new riders like Pogacar and Remco and their programs was the new normal. But I guess not.

Where was Vingegaard at last years WC. He have never even represented Denmark. Not a single time! A 2.1 race battling against Oscar Onley was more important for him. And for what? To get dropped in Lombardia by Pogacar? And where was Vingegaard in AGR, FW and LBL this year? He would have been top 3 favorite in all of them. Vingegaard will probably win the Tour because bc of Pogacar's fractured wrist in LBL. And Vingegaard and Jumbo is probably the ones laughing now. But for me Pogacar is the real winner. He ride to entertained the fans all year around and haven't even visit an altitude camp before today - Respect for that!

Do they need to do a bikini round to satisfy you?

No, I'm good without.

but man you must be blind.

No, I actually don't even need glasses.

Vingegaard basically said in an interview last week that the Tour is only thing that are important to him, and he'll go for Tour every year. I through the times with Lance Armstrong or Team Sky only riding for 1 goal a year was over, and new riders like Pogacar and Remco and their programs was the new normal. But I guess not.

Where was Vingegaard at last years WC. He have never even represented Denmark. Not a single time! A 2.1 race battling against Oscar Onley was more important for him. And for what? To get dropped in Lombardia by Pogacar? And where was Vingegaard in AGR, FW and LBL this year? He would have been top 3 favorite in all of them. Vingegaard will probably win the Tour because bc of Pogacar's fractured wrist in LBL. And Vingegaard and Jumbo is probably the ones laughing now. But for me Pogacar is the real winner. He ride to entertained the fans all year around and haven't even visit an altitude camp before today - Respect for that!

No, I'm good without.

Vingegaard top 3 favorite in Amstel has copypasta potential

Have you seen what Froome (and Wiggins) actually won ahead of their Tour de France titles? Only when he aimed the Tour & Vuelta double Froome wouldn't race much before July.

Remco is the master of coming straight of the altitude camp and then dropping a bomb as seen in Liege & last year's Vuelta. Currently Remco even refrains to prove otherwise at the 2023 Vuelta a Espana rather than the 2023 Giro d'Italia after he had to withdraw there due to Covid-19. Or Lefevere wants to refrain.

Reactions: SHAD0W93

No, I'm good without.

As I said Vingegaard is a stage racer, why force him to do things where he is simply not good, as it stands now. He will be top 40 at the WC and not even that, at the classics. It makes no sense.
If you are a stage racer where do you want to go? Could be the biggest race there is maybe.

His recovery is his super power, just like Pog has magic lactate recovery.

You say you don't need glasses, but you didn't see Jonas go nuclear and destroy the basque country. The only boring thing about that was how one-sided it was, but then again Pog is more than guilty of this.

Remco is the master of coming straight of the altitude camp and then dropping a bomb as seen in Liege & last year's Vuelta. Currently Remco even refrains to prove otherwise at the 2023 Vuelta a Espana rather than the 2023 Giro d'Italia after he had to withdraw there due to Covid-19. Or Lefevere wants to refrain.
Remco went to LBL before the Giro even it would be best to stay away. Respect for that.

As I said Vingegaard is a stage racer, why force him to do things where he is simply not good, as it stands now.
How do you know if you don't try?

I honestly do think it's interesting why he's so far been bad in one day races. I think he was okay in Lombardia, but just blew himself up trying to follow Pogacar and Mas.

I think mostly guys like Vingegaard and Landa maybe just overrace and have a peak by Itzulia at the latest after which a monument is just too hard if you're not fresh enough.

If he only did Fleche he would've at least gotten 2nd.

He won Itzulia while in altitude camp? Disgraceful.

I honestly do think it's interesting why he's so far been bad in one day races. I think he was okay in Lombardia, but just blew himself up trying to follow Pogacar and Mas.

I think mostly guys like Vingegaard and Landa maybe just overrace and have a peak by Itzulia at the latest after which a monument is just too hard if you're not fresh enough.

If he only did Fleche he would've at least gotten 2nd.
He has said he simply doesn't feel as strong as the other guys in one day races. I can understand why people think he should be able to do better. In stage races he races so much like Pog, with the good sprint and mean mountain watts. But he just can't as it stands.

this guy is our forum Dutch Ciro scognamiglio, he has sources from deep within the Jumbo establishments and share insights from his conversations with WVA, he shouldn't be banned
You also need to go out more, and preferably forget the password for this site in the process...

You're arguing like a 12-year-old, it's really exasperating to behold.

Is there an agelimit on the forum? I wonder how many 12 year old are here giving expert analysis.

TRENDING THREADS