• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 547 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
G. lost to mighty Rogla by 14 seconds so should be within a minute to Teddy*. Should be an exciting race.

*until stage1 finale
Its interesting joaxin martxin said in interview with cycling news that the idea with the giro tour is trying to race conserved on the 1st week of giro. The only good news for ineos and co. Atleast pog will make the race interesting until prati di tivo

Reactions: Sandisfan
Its interesting joaxin martxin said in interview with cycling news that the idea with the giro tour is trying to race conserved on the 1st week of giro. The only good news for ineos and co. Atleast pog will make the race interesting until prati di tivo

Could be a bluff though. Gaining a lot of time in the first 8 days should make the second part of the race more comfortable.

It makes sense to ride safely the first week but IMO that's not always possible without some effort. You still need to stay in touching distance of credible threats.

Even if this is true, I'm pretty sure Pogi will still nuke every MTF in the first week. Looking to Prati di Tivo, Oropa, San Vito and the TT, it is impossible to think someone will be under 4 minutes from Pog.

As i said before and sorry havent been on here after the race in Liege. I was so fortunate to be in the car with Roodhooft and when Pogacar went everyone was just like yes well podium it is.

Its very rare what weve seeing now, I dont think theres a single soul inside cycling who doesnt think Pogacar is the best cyclist of all time already, its truly remarkable the way he does it aswell and can only be compared to Eddy. For me Eddy is still the greatest but yeah its pretty common knowledge Pogacar is the best cyclist of all time from every rider and DS ive spoken to basicly this seems to be a foregone conclusion, its really special.

Also what a performance for MvdP, I think he did better than he honestly hoped for since like he said too, he definitely didnt have the robauix legs he couldnt have been happier for a podium. Winner of Robauix and podium in Liege same year speaks volume and was definitely celebrated.
wow thanks for sharing. I couldnt agree more either.
hahah what a boss :cool:

I think the first stage of the Giro will indicate the approach Pogacar is going to take. He could win it solo, probably easily, but he might chose not to. Immediately in pink, immediately having your team have to ride for the rest of the Giro. It’s easier to just keep calm in the beginning. Will also help for TDF preparation.
Reading the boss from Uae statement they will ride giro as ''training'' he said if he could use that word and plan was to get stronger going out of the giro than going in so a training ride. If anyone can win the Giro as part of traning its Pogacar. Lets see indeed what approach they/he will actually do.

Reactions: scribers