• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 600 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maybe but I thought more resting time at home instead of 3-week altitude camp was a more common approach for the double. They planned this camp a long time ago though so I'm assuming it was carefully analysed.

I wouldn't neglect mental fatigue. It's large after a GT, one has to be careful all the time. And it can actually affect the whole body.
Dont worry the forum prophet told us Pogi will never lose anymore, we have to trust him;)

'Haters gonna flag' – Tadej Pogačar keeps getting flagged on Strava​

Bonus pic

GOXK4OmWUAErRus

Last edited:
Pog wasnot joking,when he said he is going after mercx.I know people see pog as nice humble guy and he is .but in reality pog is maniac,he doesnot give afuk.No kids,pure cycling till he is 40.Pog has similar mentality as another slovenian maniac Jure Robic,who is most insane sportsmen ihave ever saw,probably in history.They different in their head.Pog doesnot care,ih he dies on bike,he dies.
No way he races till 40. Maybe 34.

Reactions: Sandisfan
This is a pretty ambitious plan. Only one week off and then altitude o_O Is it even a typical approach for doing the double? I though more rest between Giro and Tour was planned by guys in the past. Maybe they will start the camp easily and increase intensity in week2 and week3.
Last time a possible Tour winner did the double riders weren’t spending as much time at altitude training camps as they do now. I’m sure Dumoulin didn’t, don’t know about Froome. Nairo might have gone back to Colombia to train.

Now thats real training,lol.
pogacar does zone 2 and trains throughout the year, even in races, which must be why on the Tour he can't do zone 6 or zone 7, especially in the time trial. He's not used to it. Then humiliations happen. "i'm gone, i m dead".

Pogacar reminds me of those troublemakers who are stronger with the weak, but when someone his size appears, things change.

pogacar does zone 2 and trains throughout the year, even in races, which must be why on the Tour he can't do zone 6 or zone 7, especially in the time trial. He's not used to it. Then humiliations happen. "i'm gone, i m dead".

Pogacar reminds me of those troublemakers who are stronger with the weak, but when someone his size appears, things change.

Kinda the opposite. He went to Flanders knowing that it is MVPs and WVAs home turf. Even challenged them on a flat WCC course. This year he is attempting something that hasn't been done in more than 25 years. Once again trying the impossible instead of just doing the basics. He could have cancelled the Giro after VIngegaard's injury and would be the heavy favorit in the Tour. Instead he is going up against Roglic, Evenepoel and maybe Vingegaard with the Giro in his legs.

If anything Pog is going for the biggest possible challenge every single time. Would love to see more riders with the same attitude.

We will see. But I think your post is physiological and psychological nonsense.

He literally only races the toughest races and wins them against the very best!

Zone 7 in the time trial, brilliant! No wonder dorky Teddy and his amateur team never hit on this idea.

• Haha
Reactions: dazaau
Kinda the opposite. He went to Flanders knowing that it is MVPs and WVAs home turf. Even challenged them on a flat WCC course. This year he is attempting something that hasn't been done in more than 25 years. Once again trying the impossible instead of just doing the basics. He could have cancelled the Giro after VIngegaard's injury and would be the heavy favorit in the Tour. Instead he is going up against Roglic, Evenepoel and maybe Vingegaard with the Giro in his legs.

If anything Pog is going for the biggest possible challenge every single time. Would love to see more riders with the same attitude.
I'd argue the other way around. If he hadn't been on track for to skip the GIro, he should've added it last minute when Vingegaard crashed out of Itzulia

Reactions: jmdirt
One week is low?? He has been softpedalling the entire third week and people seem to forget he didn't make a normal altitude camp before the Giro. This dude is fresh as a daisy, he can still implode but he will fire in all cylinders in Tour's first week.

The third week is not over yet so we will see if he softpedals today as well. I agree that he will fire on all cylinders in the Tour's first week. The most important is doing the same in the 3rd week though.

Last edited: