• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 634 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The competition is way higher at the Tour than the Giro, although in Pog's favor for causing major damage early are the question marks over the condition of his principle rivals. Yet if they are very good, Pog isn't just riding away from them at will like in the Giro.
Both Vingegaard and Pogacar were toying and gaining 2 minutes in long mountains last year to everyone (Yates, Hindley, etc). Don't see who is better than Yates at the moment bar Vingegaard and Pogacar.

Reactions: AmRacer
Both Vingegaard and Pogacar were toying and gaining 2 minutes in long mountains last year to everyone (Yates, Hindley, etc). Don't see who is better than Yates at the moment bar Vingegaard and Pogacar.
We don't know Vingo's condition, nor Roglic's, who could be super after the last fine tuning following the Dauphine (I decline to speculate upon Evenepoel, because he needed to grow considerably after the Dauphine and there is no past data on him at the Tour to go on). At any rate, if his principal rivals are very good, then I don't think Pog's just riding away from them like he did at the Giro in the first week. Although in theory the ballance of power should be greatest in Pog's favor during the first week of the Tour, because he has the Giro in the legs. On the other hand, if his rivals are bad then Madiot could be right.

It is a very long climb at altitude and more important, first real test in the Tour! Some legs will be undercooked so UAE will rip this stage apart. No doubt we will have big gaps.
I can agree on that part but still confused as why this partical stage suit him more relative than others. Agree however that it will be gaps tho I would be surprised if as big as you think in that terrain. Only part I dont like its the downhill if its rain like projected especially

I am trying to find a reason for him to be bluffing (but can't find one), if he isn't... oh dear, this Tour is over.
No he aint bluffing, imagine him doing 8.3 w/kg for 12 minutes and the media and the peleton going nuts bringing back the days of lance and in the 1st week press conference he be like, i told u early in the year that i reached a point where i strive to be the best ever and i even sent a random guy to a cycling thread so this chaos wont happen

First stage has lot of flat at the end, so he cant go solo. Buf he could go with a group of about 20 without Vingegaard, that is possible, depends how is Vingegaard, but he should try it.

In that case, If Van aert can be in that group, or Jorgesson? what to do? stay behind to minimze damage, or in the case of Van Aert stay ahead and win the stage, especially if Van der Poel is not...

Tactical stage and very interesting. what is for sure is if 2 or his superdomestiques are in that Group, thay are going to get the end-
Stage of Galibier...I am not sure. That kind of long climbs are nor his best, but of course he can put a minute to everybody. If it is only one to Vingegaard, this one will have his options to win at the end of the race. Very interesting start..This year we have an stage more, so the race finish with an ITT, and start with the Mountain at the begining, so,more tome for GC fight than other edition,,and more likely to change thing at the end of the race.

No he aint bluffing, imagine him doing 8.3 w/kg for 12 minutes and the media and the peleton going nuts bringing back the days of lance and in the 1st week press conference he be like, i told u early in the year that i reached a point where i strive to be the best ever and i even sent a random guy to a cycling thread so this chaos wont happen
Haha he bluff with 8,3 but later claim 7,3 for 15 min ,7,0 for 20 etc

8.3 was the magic number mou was embarrassed for multiple times on this thread and many thought it was a *** in his armour but fr if it happens we pogi fans owe him a special 🎁
Never understood why some people was upset with what he said he literally had inside knowledge why that was threatening to some randoms on a forum is wild/sad to me whatever you like.

I think Pogacar again even tho with the giro in the legs crush everyone. Hes not hurt and has been able to train usually noone stands a chance then, nothing new.

Reactions: snipeheem and yaf
I see everyone is really excited about the Galibier stage, it may be just me who dont think huge gaps will happen there, i might be wrong he has defied logic many times before.

But I hope Evenpoel, Roglic, Rodriguez and Vingegaard all stay with Pogacar there. Lets see im ready for summer and le tour and everything else have a blast fellow cyclefans.
Gaps will be made, riders will risk everything in the descent, someone will crash

I can agree on that part but still confused as why this partical stage suit him more relative than others. Agree however that it will be gaps only part I dont like its the downhill if its rain like projected especially

Haha he bluff with 8,3 but later claim 7,3 for 15 min ,7,0 for 20 etc
That is "nothing". 7 w/kg of FTP is not TdF winner material.