• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 636 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Had a talk with Matxin and Mathieu today. Pogacar will even win stage 1 both said, Mathieu even refered to him as the goat and that there wasnt much more to say, never heard he of all people use those words before, heard plenty of others but never him.

Anyway Pogacar will win stage 1 even. He has apparently become even stronger than he was which is ridiculous to think about.

Had a talk with Matxin and Mathieu today. Pogacar will even win stage 1 both said, Mathieu even refered to him as the goat and that there wasnt much more to say, never heard he of all people use those words before, heard plenty of others but never him.

Anyway Pogacar will win stage 1 even. He has apparently become even stronger than he was which is ridiculous to think about.
The special one? Is that you?

Jonas Vingegaard?

No, but from the LAB ;)
What I said...:
Ya know....If Jonas had Sepp, a healthy Wout and the other wrecked guys on the squad along with Roglic; someone from JV could give Tadej a good fight.
It won't be Jonas.

After Sepp's covid was disclosed (if true and JV knew of it) and pressing him to do the Dauphine, forcing Roglic to go somewhere else and rushing Wout and Jonas to appear (so they're media, endorsement and appearance fees aren't impacted) and it goes wrong: fire the lot.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

I want to read your post again after the fact.

Reactions: snipeheem

A solo ride by the G**T on the first stage will be earth shattering while 8.3 w/kg on Galibier will send Vingo to fishing industry, Rogla to ski-jumping Fis cup and Remco to the prestigious football 5th division.

What I said...:
Ya know....If Jonas had Sepp, a healthy Wout and the other wrecked guys on the squad along with Roglic; someone from JV could give Tadej a good fight.
It won't be Jonas.

After Sepp's covid was disclosed (if true and JV knew of it) and pressing him to do the Dauphine, forcing Roglic to go somewhere else and rushing Wout and Jonas to appear (so they're media, endorsement and appearance fees aren't impacted) and it goes wrong: fire the lot.
Why did Jonas V pressed Sepp to do the Dauphine? Or was it LAB?
😆

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

You occupy the hole in my heart (almost) that mou leaves behind

Jun 27, 2024
Visit site
De Plus thinks the heat could be Pog's cryptonite.

"The heat may be killing him. It is common knowledge that he does not like racing in extreme heat. You can work on that, but it is mainly innate or not," the Belgian concludes. "But racing in the heat suits me. Since the focus of this Tour - the final week - is in the south of France, a warm edition is also predicted."

De Plus thinks the heat could be Pog's cryptonite.

"The heat may be killing him. It is common knowledge that he does not like racing in extreme heat. You can work on that, but it is mainly innate or not," the Belgian concludes. "But racing in the heat suits me. Since the focus of this Tour - the final week - is in the south of France, a warm edition is also predicted."

Extreme heat protocol, activate.