• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tao Geoghegan Hart discussion thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Easily the best time trial Tao's ever ridden as a world-tour pro, especially considering the competition.
True, i was simply amazed!! it's true that he did an amazing iTT in the 1st stage, but it was shorter and had that climb in the end that on paper would be beneficial for him to do well but todays iTT was an absolute mind blower!! He surely is on the form of his life!! Very keen to see what will happen Friday! Ineos have the numbers and the form to test Roglic!!

Reactions: JRanton
Ineos now has five riders among the Top-14 at the Giro, so TGH plus four other captains.

Only Puccio and Ben Swift as domestiques.

I think TGH now has very good chances to win his second Giro… If they play it smart, even an all-Ineos final GC podium appears possible.

Being Ineos, I‘d ride now as defensively as possible. Saving energy. Not play the Alpha team. They have to be smart now, then they can dominate this Giro like hardly any team before.

Ineos now has five riders among the Top-14 at the Giro, so TGH plus four other captains.

Only Puccio and Ben Swift as domestiques.

I think TGH now has very good chances to win his second Giro… If they play it smart, even an all-Ineos final GC podium appears possible.

Being Ineos, I‘d ride now as defensively as possible. Saving energy. Not play the Alpha team. They have to be smart now, then they can dominate this Giro like hardly any team before.
If Ineos rides defensively they'll end up with Thomas in pink until Roglic jumps away in the Dolomites and it's too late to play the Tao ace!

He looks unshakeable at this moment, but I also can understand Ineos' trust in Thomas, I personally hope Tao prove himself to deserve full support over Thomas (anyone post Wiggins'/Froome's Tour death train are innocent to me😁, and I like Tao a lot). Their team are not exactly UAE or Movistar, I expect they know how to manage these GC options advantage on the road when they're clearly above the rests in strength.