• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tao Geoghegan Hart discussion thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
super ride for him today, gave it all even got bumped by the tv motorbike.

from his twitter:

Tao Geoghegan Hart
A veces la vida es especial. Hoy tengo una dia muy bonita con los companeros de @TeamSky. Aqui tenemos una grupo muy muy bueno. Tengo mucho honour trabajar por @Eganbernal. Gracias C
olombia por esta loco experencia!

I'll repost what I said in the Dauphiné thread:
Yeah, his performance in this race is vastly overrated. He couldn't close in on the break yesterday, and it's the same today. The fact that Bardet et.al. are quite a bit off peak form makes him look good in relation to the favourites' group.
He's been impressive, of course, but it's very far from Poels levels of peloton shredding.

Re:

Squire said:
I'll repost what I said in the Dauphiné thread:
Yeah, his performance in this race is vastly overrated. He couldn't close in on the break yesterday, and it's the same today. The fact that Bardet et.al. are quite a bit off peak form makes him look good in relation to the favourites' group.
He's been impressive, of course, but it's very far from Poels levels of peloton shredding.
Danish commentators almost sure he should be selected, forgetting about Poels and Bernal who are clearly superior climbers.

Re: Re:

armchairclimber said:
Leinster said:
Can I request that this video from the TOB in 2014 be added to the OP?

https://youtu.be/SRkoM6YFsko

WTF did he hit there to cause that? Fair play for getting up, dusting himself off, taking a bow and carrying on. That's fairly hardcore.

Another clearer view here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYvSUQGlFi8
He didn’t hit anything. His Dura-Ace caliper brakes were strong enough to put him over the bars at that speed.

I’m sure it hurt like the bejeezus after he got to the finish. Iirc, it was in the final km, so he only had to roll down the finishing straight, and I’d say the adrenalin at that point was up to 90. I’m amazed he was as calm as he was getting back on. Even stopping to get his sunglasses back.

Looks like he locked the rear wheel after misjudging the radius of the turn, then the front hit the lip of the asphalt patch. Worst feeling in the world when you're halfway over the bars not knowing exactly how you're going to land of what you're going to hit.

TRENDING THREADS