• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

TdF 2017 stage 8: Dole > Station des Rousses 187,5 km

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What scenario/which scenarios is/are most likely?

  • Breakaway contest victory between themselves in a sprint

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Solo victory by a breakaway rider

    Votes: 47 36.4%
  • A 10-15 rider group (with the strongest GC riders) contest victory between themselves in a sprint

    Votes: 20 15.5%
  • A solo victory by a top 10-15 rider in the GC

    Votes: 9 7.0%
  • A 20-30 rider group contest victory between themselves in a sprint

    Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Marcel Kittel wins somehow

    Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Ambush a la Fuente De/Formigal succeeds

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Ambush a la Fuente De/Formigal fails

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • None of the above

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Vino-option

    Votes: 10 7.8%

  • Total voters
    129
  • Poll closed .
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
2
0
Visit site
Re: Re:

bassano said:
Arredondo said:
Great stage, great winner, great runner-up! This is how the Tour should be! :)

This you considering fun when that should be one of hardest stage in Tour? few more mountain stages like this and half of people will stop watch it :)

I don't understand you. This stage wasn't one of the hardest stages on paper, with a proper (but not really difficult) climb at the end and 11 kilometers of false flat. It's possible to create damage among the GC favorites, but the chance was there it would be a status quo among the big guys.

But i've enjoyed from the beginning till the end. The first 80 km were absolutely brutal, with attacks all over the place. When the break eventually went clear, it was absolute carnage upfront till the end. Great racing between the breakaway guys!
 
Re: Re:

Ikbengodniet said:
bassano said:
Arredondo said:
Great stage, great winner, great runner-up! This is how the Tour should be! :)

This you considering fun when that should be one of hardest stage in Tour? few more mountain stages like this and half of people will stop watch it :)

You mean the gloryhunting people who only watch the last climb I suppose.

Or someone who wants to see real race, not only fight between 2nd tier riders which you will forgot just next week for stage victory :)
 
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
So basically Demare made up time on the Kittel group in the last 80km of the stage.

Impressive.. were cars involved?

It is not very unlogical, grupetto was just doing tourism but Demare fighted and had some mates in hand
not very impressive he made it to that limit anyway, who would not even with speed like that
 
Re: Re:

bassano said:
Ikbengodniet said:
bassano said:
Arredondo said:
Great stage, great winner, great runner-up! This is how the Tour should be! :)

This you considering fun when that should be one of hardest stage in Tour? few more mountain stages like this and half of people will stop watch it :)

You mean the gloryhunting people who only watch the last climb I suppose.

Or someone who wants to see real race, not only fight between 2nd tier riders which you will forgot just next week for stage victory :)

So 190 km of racing and it is still not good enough :lol:
 
Re: Re:

Ikbengodniet said:
bassano said:
Ikbengodniet said:
bassano said:
Arredondo said:
Great stage, great winner, great runner-up! This is how the Tour should be! :)

This you considering fun when that should be one of hardest stage in Tour? few more mountain stages like this and half of people will stop watch it :)

You mean the gloryhunting people who only watch the last climb I suppose.

Or someone who wants to see real race, not only fight between 2nd tier riders which you will forgot just next week for stage victory :)

So 190 km of racing and it is still not good enough :lol:

Yeah, 190km of racing, like every other stage, but not olny one km of real racing which matter for TDF GC. Favourites all waited together when sky pushed peleton, not really exciting for stage like that
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
2
0
Visit site
Re:

Jagartrott said:
What was Sky's plan?
Were they so keen to keep the yellow or were they so afraid of Serga Pauwels?
Doesn't make much sense.
Just wasted energy before stage 9, same as BMC, sending Roche, Porte's 2nd best climbing domestique in the breakaway and letting him ride hard for the stage win until he was empty was rather stupid, it's not like the have many climbing domestiques.
Overall a good stage, Calmejane could become a big player in hard, hilly one day races in 1-2 years.