• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDF Stage 13 - Saturday, July 17 2010, Rodez - Revel, 195 km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
redtreviso said:
this is a cool picture

000_DV803104-640x425.jpg

Looks like he's asking them why they are so slow! :p

Great win!

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
altark123 said:
Gentleman's bet you are wrong. He looked good at the end of the Alps, coasted in with Basso,etc. and has used zero energy since as he's dogged it home lately.

Well, if Lance does work for Levi or for the team, bringing bottles/food or trying to be one of the top 3 RSH finishers, I will admit I was wrong about him. I don't think he will do any of those things, but I do think it would be really good for him to put in a good show for his fans - to go out either trying hard (showing himself to be a champion) or being a hard-working domestique (showing himself to be a good teammate).

This is probably the last race a lot of his fans will see him in, and his own last important competition, and it would be good for himself and his fans if he can do something positive.

At this point, I'm half expecting Hinault to read him the riot act about disrespecting the race and the sport.

That is a great pic! Pretty interesting stage. Really hope Petacchi gets the green jersey in the end.

Can't be bothered wading through the various pages, but LA finishing 4 minutes down on this stage? :rolleyes: Just think that's showing disrespect to the race tbh.

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
bobs *** said:
Lily, There is plenty to say about this, there is lots that has been said and still will be said in the future and I don't really disagree, but this is not the time nor the place.

Timing. Just saying. Timing.

?? sorry don't understand which part you're referring to. vino won stage. people are pro-vino/celebrating or bummed/talking about his doping (which i fall into). could you clarify about not the time and place?

A

Anonymous

Cobblestones said:
This place is pretty dead today. Is fatigue setting in or are you all saving yourselves for the Pyrenees?

Out riding.

We finally have summer weather. Not going to waste it.

I got 70 miles this morning, somewhere between 28 and 32 degrees.

My legs went way south at mile 64.

That last 10 km hurt, and was slow.

More riding, less beer is the answer.

A

Anonymous

Beech Mtn said:
Well, if Lance does work for Levi or for the team, bringing bottles/food or trying to be one of the top 3 RSH finishers, I will admit I was wrong about him. I don't think he will do any of those things, but I do think it would be really good for him to put in a good show for his fans - to go out either trying hard (showing himself to be a champion) or being a hard-working domestique (showing himself to be a good teammate).

This is probably the last race a lot of his fans will see him in, and his own last important competition, and it would be good for himself and his fans if he can do something positive.

At this point, I'm half expecting Hinault to read him the riot act about disrespecting the race and the sport.

I am one of the people that thinks that Armstrong couldn't give a crap about "respecting" the race and the sport.

Both of them have been a cynical route to riches by Armstrong.

Cobblestones said:
I don't agree. For me there's three types of threads. Race threads, normal threads and clinic threads. Race threads are special IMHO, so I reported sportchick, twice.

Barrus said:
To be honest, I do not like that the winner of a stage is immidiately condemned concerning doping, even if the is Lance, doping needs to remain in the clinic. That's what it's there for, these stage topics are more enjoyable with doping related talk out of it

I agree. road stages should be immune from it, except of course passive refferences such as "on the sauce" or "ferrari engine".

But lets face it. With the members on this forum there will be "x is doping" posts on racing threads, every time someone beats cadel evans.;)

luckyboy said:
That is a great pic! Pretty interesting stage. Really hope Petacchi gets the green jersey in the end.

+ 1

Thors won it. This is Ale Jets last chance. Cant say thor doesnt have balls though.

Can't be bothered wading through the various pages, but LA finishing 4 minutes down on this stage? :rolleyes: Just think that's showing disrespect to the race tbh.

Thats exactly what the panel on eurosport said after the race. They spent 5 minutes talking about it and they definately thought it was a disgrace.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
+ 1

Thors won it. This is Ale Jets last chance. Cant say thor doesnt have balls though.

Thats exactly what the panel on eurosport said after the race. They spent 5 minutes talking about it and they definately thought it was a disgrace.

Oh c'mon, other domestiques are alowwed to save themselves for the important stages and he's not? My guess is he'll go for a stage win tomorrow. BTW I'm no Armstrong fan, but when Damiano Cunego finishes 10 minutes back on a sprint stage, no one accuses him of being a disgrace.

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Lyds97 said:
@The Hitch, I'm definitely one of those you'd call guilty of hypocrisy when it comes to dopers; love seeing Vino's relentless attacks but can't stand Armstrong.
that's not hypocritial, it's just inconsistent :)

ericthesportsman6 said:
Oh c'mon, other domestiques are alowwed to save themselves for the important stages and he's not? My guess is he'll go for a stage win tomorrow. BTW I'm no Armstrong fan, but when Damiano Cunego finishes 10 minutes back on a sprint stage, no one accuses him of being a disgrace.

Gee, I don't recall seeing other domestiques rolling in minutes back surrounded by half their team.

Edit: think it was only one or two guys today, but the other day there were 4 guys with him..

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
ericthesportsman6 said:

Cuz He came to this TdF saying that he wanted to win an 8th crown, that he was in an awesome form, that his preparation was perfect, etc... Also He is the leader of that team, that team was created to help him to win other tour... Also he should defend his honor! he won 7 tdf for god sake... even if he is 1hour behind in the GC he have to fight and give his best...! Besides this is his last TdF and he should finalize it showing some guts...

About Damino Cunego... even before the tour he said that they weren't going to fight for the GC and his main objective was an stage victory... Ale-jet has already given 2 victories to Lampre team so now Il Principe is looking to win an stage for himself... but even if he has lost too many minutes he always try to be in the breakaway (remember La Col de la Madeleine, Mende when he try to attack and today when he try to attack again in the last port)...

But what has LA done?? NOTHING... not even a single attack or try to be in a breakaway... shame on him...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
redwizard6 said:
test the freak..once a cheater always a cheater....Vino sucks!!

I would have to agree as I find it hard to barrack for the guy and see him succeding but the way he wins races and the passion the guy has is enormous. I was cheering for Ballan really hard but unfortunately he cracked. He really put the hammer down on the climb but got caught!:(

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
I'm very confused by the teamwork being displayed by Lance. Wouldn't it help Levi for him to be pacing him at the front and shielding him from the wind, especially when the pace got hot toward the end? Maybe he is saving himself to be one of mountain domestiques tomorrow....

Sherwen has said that Lance will go in the breakaway and target the stage that finishes on the tourmalet.

May 4, 2010
Visit site
sublimit said:
I'm happy for Vino, another attacking effort to go with his great performance yesterday and timed it just right this time.

beats sitting in the bunch and then getting tailed off..

Much better to see someone win like that than see the contrived finish of a sprint. The win had class!

TRENDING THREADS