Team Astana

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Di Luca was a monster this year and if he rode for GC I'm sure he'd have finished in the top-10 (if he wasn't caught....).

Given that Pellizotti will ride for Astana, I could see him end 5-8th on GC and win a stage.
 
Netserk said:
Tbh I've been quite disappointed in Kangert this Vuelta. Too concerned about his own GC (where he got 11th lol :eek:) to be a decent teammate to Nibbles.

Was the same during the Giro.
Still remembering all those users claiming he was a better domestique than Agnoli. Laughable.
 
Happy birthday Vino!!!!
Congratulations with the 40!


Please make another comeback in time for the Rio Olympics. :)

VINOKUROV_0.jpg


Alexandre-Vinokourov-008.jpg


2005+Tour+de+France+Stage+Twenty+One+6pvpu3m5TjQl.jpg


Alexandre-Vinokourov-cele-006.jpg
 
Netserk said:
Tbh I've been quite disappointed in Kangert this Vuelta. Too concerned about his own GC (where he got 11th lol :eek:) to be a decent teammate to Nibbles. Despite all my dislike of Fuglsang I have to admit that he was a loyal dom the whole Vuelta, and was there when needed.


We do not know exact team orders of Astana. What I have heard from Astana DS´s, they are very happy with Kangert - he has done exactly what they asked from. Different team members have different roles and different tasks, we will see only bit of it.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,819
2
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
photo.php


I do not understand that picture thingymabob at cn forum...

Right click the photo and select open image in new tab. Then you just copy and paste that pictures link into the insert image box.

970162_562333060487866_766032338_n.jpg
 
Sep 25, 2011
261
0
0
Not sure what Kangert could done more in giro for Nibali... In Vuelta he just didn't have the form (like Nibali ) he had in giro. In Estonian media he said that he was not racing for GC position. The problem with him right now is that he can't (yet. Promised to work on it) react to explosive attacks and thats when Nibali usually was alone. Other than that,Tanel was alwas there for Nibali.

Taaramäe was even questioning a bit in his blog whether Kangert will race for Nibali in worlds or for himself/his country.
 
Samson said:
Not sure what Kangert could done more in giro for Nibali... In Vuelta he just didn't have the form (like Nibali ) he had in giro. In Estonian media he said that he was not racing for GC position. The problem with him right now is that he can't (yet. Promised to work on it) react to explosive attacks and thats when Nibali usually was alone. Other than that,Tanel was alwas there for Nibali.

Taaramäe was even questioning a bit in his blog whether Kangert will race for Nibali in worlds or for himself/his country.

yea, Kangert were doing a fine job (especially in the giro) for Nibali. His high gc position was just a result of his awesomeness :p
 
May 19, 2011
4,857
2
0
I have an agreement with Björn Leukemans,” van der Schueren confirmed. “He will sign today or tomorrow. I don’t know about Johnny [Hoogerland], he was talking to Alonso [the proposed takeover of Euskaltel-Euskadi by Formula 1 star Fernando Alonso - ed], Astana and Lampre. But Johnny is dear to my heart, I will talk to him tomorrow.”

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...th-new-ProConti-level-team.aspx#ixzz2gX2WJBkn

Hoogerland fits team well:D
 
JRanton said:
So Landa has now signed.

Nibali has a very deep pool of climbing doms to chose from for the Tour:

Agnoli
Aru
Brajkovic
Fulgsang
Kangert
Kessiakoff
Landa
Pellizotti
Tiralongo
Westra

Good point, though on the other hand, these things rarely work out that way in practice.
Many supposed to be domestiques underperform eg Spillack this year, and sometimes if it does come together, they do nothing with it anyway (Movistar).
 
JRanton said:
So Landa has now signed.

Nibali has a very deep pool of climbing doms to chose from for the Tour:

Agnoli
Aru
Brajkovic
Fulgsang
Kangert
Kessiakoff
Landa
Pellizotti
Tiralongo

Westra

going Giro next year is my guess. Pellizotti might do the double, but I doubt we will see Tira destroyi the field next july

Kangert and Birdsong will be Nibalis main men is my guess (+ Agnoli ofc :) )
 
Vino attacks everyone said:
going Giro next year is my guess. Pellizotti might do the double, but I doubt we will see Tira destroyi the field next july

Kangert and Birdsong will be Nibalis main men is my guess (+ Agnoli ofc :) )

I think Birdsong will do Giro and Tira go to the tour. Tira is at least as good a dom as Fuglsang, but not as good in GC, Aru or Pellizotti might get free role in giro, unless Birdie steps up big time, but i think we'll see 6 or 7 of their 8-9 best climbers fighting it out for 4 or 5 spots in the Tour squad.
 

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
1,441
0
0
Yates brothers confirmed to GreenEdge

And it seems there is a new god's gift to cycling:

Adam Yates:
"It's a good setup [at GreenEdge]," Adam said. "And if I went to Sky then I'd end up working on the front like a slave, and I'm not a big fan of that!"

I expect him to be captain of the TdF squad, Giro squad or whatever other race he please to enrich with his presence.
 
EnacheV said:
Yates brothers confirmed to GreenEdge

And it seems there is a new god's gift to cycling:

Adam Yates:
"It's a good setup [at GreenEdge]," Adam said. "And if I went to Sky then I'd end up working on the front like a slave, and I'm not a big fan of that!"

I expect him to be captain of the TdF squad, Giro squad or whatever other race he please to enrich with his presence.

wrong thread :p