• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Chicken (Team Christina Watches)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

laura.weislo

Administrator
Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I see a style makeover for Michael in his future. Perhaps he should consider this look.
flavaflav.jpg

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
But what's the difference, it beats me :confused: Miche was the continental team, this team can't gain more. It's funny even to imagine the long queue of cyclists hoping to be signed by The Great Team Chicken, whole Pegasus :eek: :D

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
So someone give me a reason why Rasmussen and Christina didnt abando the project and offer to save pegasus bacon with money and the previso that Rasmussen rides for them.....
Pro Conti sorted

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
latest 3 hours ago: "was/is on training kamp"

Sof&#237 said:
anyone got news?

14 Feb, 18:15 | 'Michael Rasmussen now mentor for his teammates.'
December 8, last year was a strange day for at the time only 17-year-old Daniel Malmros. He had made a deal with Team Bianchi - M1, and now he suddenly read that Michael Rasmussen and Christina Hembo had take over the team, and would be called Christina Watches.

"When I read on the website that Michael Rasmussen had taken over our team, I felt as if I had won the lottery. I said also to my parents when I got home. My dad was a little more restrained, but when he had read about it, he agreed that I should just seize the opportunity, "says Daniel Malmros to Aarhus Herald.

Subsequently, Daniel Malmros now 18 years has already been on a 16-day training camp in Italy, where Rasmussen has opened up to use for free his apartment for the teammembers on Lake Garda till the end of March.

Source: [http://ekstrabladet.dk]

By the way, Chicken slams Møller and Lund in this article, calling them tyrans and so forth, I didn't translate all obscure, but to me it is fat $ Pat Mc again waving his riders blacklist.

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
By the way, Chicken slams Møller and Lund in this article, calling them tyrans and so forth, I didn't translate all obscure, but to me it is fat $ Pat Mc again waving his riders blacklist.

Btw, this isn ot correct. A danish professor in sports (Møller) complains that Lund (from DCU) is deliberately decieving the Danish Minister of Sports.
Lund claims that Chicken could not get a 2009 licence in Denmark because he lived in Italy. However plenty of danish proffesionnels live outside of Denmark and ride on a danish licence.

Also Lund says that UCI told them not to grant a licence to Chicken, but that was inconsequential(sp?) because he wouldnt get a licence anyway because he lived in Italy.

So yeah its good old Pat and his blacklist, and some suckup idiots at the DCU (Lund and Worre)

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Furlan in Contact with Rasmussen for a spot on Christina Watches. Also Chicken says another rider of Furlans level (whatever that supposed to mean) is supposed to fill the last spot of the team, but no names yet.

sublimit said:
Probably the only team in the world desperate to start the Tour Of Denmark. :rolleyes:

Are these people for real??

Of course they are.

Tour of Denmark is the biggest race they can participate in this year due to their status as a Danish continental-team. Of course they are desperate to start in that race.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Damiano said:
Of course they are.

Tour of Denmark is the biggest race they can participate in this year due to their status as a Danish continental-team. Of course they are desperate to start in that race.

Oh Ok. Thanks

Shame they're not invited yet though. :p

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Rasmussen not welcome at Tour of Denmark

The DCU has already said that Rasmussen would not be welcome at the Tour of Denmark, which it organizes. Feltet.dk published minutes of the DCU's meeting on January 16, which quoted president Tom Lund as saying, “MR is the same person who tells the press that we are corrupt fools and wants us dead. The Board's experience is that MR tells his own version of things, which largely go to discredit the DCU. MR is running his own show and we will not be part of it.”

Blacklisting is alive and well. Chicken needs to hire Grey Manrod.

I visited the Christina Design London website. Pretty impressive merchandise. (I'm especially fond of the understated 501 strap model: http://www.christinadesignlondon.co...s&variation=501GWBR&case_color=G&dial_color=W.)

They're also promoting the team on the front page. This is refreshing, as even companies with huge investements in cycling rarely use them for promotional purposes. Some notable examples: Quickstep doesn't mention cycling at all on their homepage (even the Belgian one), and T-mobile never did. In fact, I sought out team-related content for my T-mobile phone, but there was nothing available to download from their website, and the sales reps weren't even aware there was a team! To find info on the Garmin team, you have to go to Garmin.com, navigate to "Into Sports," and then click on the link for the team. The promotional pictures Garmin uses in the Into Sports section are not CVV or Ryder, but a lady jogging, a guy golfing (GPS helps golf, somehow), and a dude running on a treadmill that is inexplicably placed in the middle of an outside sidewalk. Nissan is a slight exception: they have a link at the bottom of their page that reads, "On tour with Lance Armstrong."

In contrast, Christina Designs has already produced a Michael Rasmussen edition watch, and it's linked prominently on the homepage with a picture of the skinny Dane. I would love to support this sponsorship by purchasing a watch, but I don't think such an expense would fit into the tibbs family budget. :(

As for the Tour of Denmark, I really hope that they let Rasmussen and CW ride.

mr. tibbs said:
I visited the Christina Design London website. Pretty impressive merchandise. (I'm especially fond of the understated 501 strap model: http://www.christinadesignlondon.co...s&variation=501GWBR&case_color=G&dial_color=W.)

They're also promoting the team on the front page. This is refreshing, as even companies with huge investements in cycling rarely use them for promotional purposes. Some notable examples: Quickstep doesn't mention cycling at all on their homepage (even the Belgian one), and T-mobile never did. In fact, I sought out team-related content for my T-mobile phone, but there was nothing available to download from their website, and the sales reps weren't even aware there was a team! To find info on the Garmin team, you have to go to Garmin.com, navigate to "Into Sports," and then click on the link for the team. The promotional pictures Garmin uses in the Into Sports section are not CVV or Ryder, but a lady jogging, a guy golfing (GPS helps golf, somehow), and a dude running on a treadmill that is inexplicably placed in the middle of an outside sidewalk. Nissan is a slight exception: they have a link at the bottom of their page that reads, "On tour with Lance Armstrong."

In contrast, Christina Designs has already produced a Michael Rasmussen edition watch, and it's linked prominently on the homepage with a picture of the skinny Dane. I would love to support this sponsorship by purchasing a watch, but I don't think such an expense would fit into the tibbs family budget. :(

As for the Tour of Denmark, I really hope that they let Rasmussen and CW ride.

you have some good taste right there;)

i agree on all the points.i hope this team will resist and will get bigger