• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Chicken (Team Christina Watches)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Funny concept by Onfone - 25.000 likes on Facebook will result in 20 % more money to the team.

"People backing sponsorship
The different sponsorship concept arose in the light of the extensive media coverage of Michael Rasmussen's struggle to regain the opportunity to run the race, after he in 2007 was taken out of the tour de france. In a vote on the net, over 91% recently that they supported Michael Rasmussen in his comeback and that he deserves to have the ability to run races at the highest level again. And just like the popular support both Onfone and the cycling team to take into sponsorship.

In practice this means that the more people who "likes" Facebook page "Giv Michael Rasmussens nye cykelhold medvind", the more sponsorship. The big gains triggered by 25,000 "fans" where Onfone increases one million sponsorship by 20%."

//Translated by Google Translate

https://www.onfone.dk/nyheder

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
what I fidn weird though is when christina watches so fanatically support rasmussent then why give him such a ****ty team?? and also much talk but nothing practical as of yet. no riders of any name signed and not even a ct status.

Ryo Hazuki said:
what I fidn weird though is when christina watches so fanatically support rasmussent then why give him such a ****ty team?? and also much talk but nothing practical as of yet. no riders of any name signed and not even a ct status.

it's all about the uci.if they will give the green light,this team will become one of the biggest.but we all know that it won't happen,they hate michael.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
it's all about the uci.if they will give the green light,this team will become one of the biggest.but we all know that it won't happen,they hate michael.

I heard this story with with pegasus as well

mr. tibbs said:
I visited the Christina Design London website. Pretty impressive merchandise. (I'm especially fond of the understated 501 strap model: http://www.christinadesignlondon.co...s&variation=501GWBR&case_color=G&dial_color=W.)

They're also promoting the team on the front page. This is refreshing, as even companies with huge investements in cycling rarely use them for promotional purposes. Some notable examples: Quickstep doesn't mention cycling at all on their homepage (even the Belgian one), and T-mobile never did. In fact, I sought out team-related content for my T-mobile phone, but there was nothing available to download from their website, and the sales reps weren't even aware there was a team! To find info on the Garmin team, you have to go to Garmin.com, navigate to "Into Sports," and then click on the link for the team. The promotional pictures Garmin uses in the Into Sports section are not CVV or Ryder, but a lady jogging, a guy golfing (GPS helps golf, somehow), and a dude running on a treadmill that is inexplicably placed in the middle of an outside sidewalk. Nissan is a slight exception: they have a link at the bottom of their page that reads, "On tour with Lance Armstrong."

In contrast, Christina Designs has already produced a Michael Rasmussen edition watch, and it's linked prominently on the homepage with a picture of the skinny Dane. I would love to support this sponsorship by purchasing a watch, but I don't think such an expense would fit into the tibbs family budget. :(

As for the Tour of Denmark, I really hope that they let Rasmussen and CW ride.

Quick Step, T-Mobile, Garmin and Nissan are... well... actual companies.
I live in Denmark, and before that team was formed I had never heard of Christina Watches. So the cycling team plays a huge part in getting the brand out to the public - actually a very smart move as many Danes still see MR as a hero who was robbed of the Tour title.

On the meeting between DCU (Post Danmark Rundt organisers) and MR/Hembo: Three Danish continental teams will be invited to the race. There are four, Glud & Marstrand and Concordia are already in.
So, MR, René Jørgensen, Michael Reihs, Pelle Clapp, Guytan Lilholt, Kristian Sobota & co. have to do better than Glenn Bak, Christian Kreuzfeldt, Morten Øllegaard, Søren Pugdahl & co. in the early Danish races.
Possible, but if it's happening it won't be because of MR.

Ryo Hazuki said:
I heard this story with with pegasus as well

Nah, these guys are the reverse of Pegasus.

Pegasus had all the bluster, and the way the UCI's points thing put them unbelievably high given the mediocre roster they signed made it clear the UCI wasn't against them, but no money.

Christina Watches have the money and sponsorship sewn up - but the UCI doesn't want them.

Also, the team was announced late, and nobody of any reasonable repute is going to sign with a team when they can't be guaranteed a licence right now, after the Geox and Pegasus sagas. Hence why they have little outside of young Danish riders and journeymen, and they're looking at friends of Ras like Furlan, or people who've either not been looking for a team (like Jaksche) or who are personae non grata (which Ras could of course identify with). I mean, what's Koldo Gil up to these days? Didn't Piepoli's suspension end recently?

Danish Bike Awards was held today and somehow Michael Rasmussen won "Profile of the year" - even though he competed against Breschel (How on earth did he manage to beat him?!), Chris Anker Sørensen and Bjarne Riis.

Damiano said:
Danish Bike Awards was held today and somehow Michael Rasmussen won "Profile of the year" - even though he competed against Breschel (How on earth did he manage to beat him?!), Chris Anker Sørensen and Bjarne Riis.

because danish people love him,he dances pretty well and is a nice bloke.and they have never forgot that huge injustice from 2007.

jens_attacks said:
because danish people love him,he dances pretty well and is a nice bloke.and they have never forgot that huge injustice from 2007.

Well.. I'm Danish and I actually thought Breschel and specially Riis were more popular than Rasmussen, but obviously not.

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I find the fact the blazer wearing cronies are flashing their "Black Back" in our faces a bit much. The man served his time and has as much a right to race as Vinokourov.

The Chicken obviously does not kowtow and I like that.

As a CT they can do (going from April onwards as many races will already have invites sorted for the moment) the following fairly important races:

Tour of Denmark (August, 2.HC)
Volta a Portugal (August, 2.1) - I suspect this will be a backup plan if they don't get to go to their home Tour as it would be up Ras' alley and give Furlan some sprinting chances too
Tour of Britain (September, 2.1)
Settimana Lombarda (April, 2.1)
Circuit de la Sarthe (April, 2.1)
Giro dell'Apennino (April, 1.1)
Vuelta a Castilla y León (April, 2.1)
Vuelta a Asturias (2.1)

Plus there are races like the GP Herning or the Estonian one-day races that are .1 rated which give them good opportunities to pick up UCI ranking points where they'll actually be one of the bigger teams in the race.

Libertine Seguros said:
As a CT they can do (going from April onwards as many races will already have invites sorted for the moment) the following fairly important races:

Tour of Denmark (August, 2.HC)
Volta a Portugal (August, 2.1) - I suspect this will be a backup plan if they don't get to go to their home Tour as it would be up Ras' alley and give Furlan some sprinting chances too
Tour of Britain (September, 2.1)
Settimana Lombarda (April, 2.1)
Circuit de la Sarthe (April, 2.1)
Giro dell'Apennino (April, 1.1)
Vuelta a Castilla y León (April, 2.1)
Vuelta a Asturias (2.1)

Plus there are races like the GP Herning or the Estonian one-day races that are .1 rated which give them good opportunities to pick up UCI ranking points where they'll actually be one of the bigger teams in the race.

Hmmm... And actually not half-bad races for the Furlan/Rasmussen combination either. Does start to look a bit interesting - who'd have thought?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
JPM London said:
Hmmm... And actually not half-bad races for the Furlan/Rasmussen combination either. Does start to look a bit interesting - who'd have thought?

you do know this is a list just made up right?? they will not be arcing any of those races I;m sure of.