• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Chicken (Team Christina Watches)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Team Christina Watches - Onfone not invited to Tour of Denmark:

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-tour_du_danemark_le_parcours_et_les_equipes-13499.html

World Tour : Saxo Bank Sungard, Team Leopard Trek, Rabobank, Vacansoleil DCM, Garmin Cervélo, Sky Team Procycling.
Continentales Pro : Colnago CSF, Geox TMC, Cofidis, Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator, Europcar, Team Type 1
Continentales Non-Pro : Team Concordia Forsikring Himmerland, Glud & Marstrand-LRØ Rådgivning, Team Post Danmark (équipe nationale)

En lire d'avantage sur Cyclism'Actu : http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-tour_du_danemark_le_parcours_et_les_equipes-13499.html#ixzz1GlW1l9JT

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
Team Christina Watches - Onfone not invited to Tour of Denmark:

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-tour_du_danemark_le_parcours_et_les_equipes-13499.html

World Tour : Saxo Bank Sungard, Team Leopard Trek, Rabobank, Vacansoleil DCM, Garmin Cervélo, Sky Team Procycling.
Continentales Pro : Colnago CSF, Geox TMC, Cofidis, Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator, Europcar, Team Type 1
Continentales Non-Pro : Team Concordia Forsikring Himmerland, Glud & Marstrand-LRØ Rådgivning, Team Post Danmark (équipe nationale)

En lire d'avantage sur Cyclism'Actu : http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-tour_du_danemark_le_parcours_et_les_equipes-13499.html#ixzz1GlW1l9JT

That is not quite true. The teams listed is the ones guaranteed to participate. There is still one spot left, which will either go to Team Christina-Onfone, or to Team Energi Fyn.

The two teams will have to show the race organisers who is best in the races uptil the 29th of May. In particular the Danish UCI races, the U23 Danish Championship and the danish Post Cup will be in focus in this regard. So "all" Christina watches need to do is to perform really good in the mentioned races and they can secure themselves a spot, but I don't suspect Team Energi Fyn will just roll over, should be some interesting fights between the two teams in the upcoming local races.

So cheer up Christian, it's not over just yet ;)

Source: Official press release from yesterday: http://www.cyclingworld.dk/index.php?p=nyheder/profil.php&id=19488

istrian spring trophy overall:

1.Robert Vrecer Perutnina Ptuj 10:27:03 75 25
2. Radoslav Rogina Loborika Favorit Team 00:51 70 15
3. Mitja Mahoric Adria Mobil 00:57 65 10
------------------------------------------------------------------
11.Tadej Valjavec Team Manisaspor 01:41 40 -
--------------------------------------------------------------------
19.Michael Rasmussen Christina Watches-Onfone 01:53 24 -

not very bad if you ask me...

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
but not very strong either I think. I don't know but last year he got pfeiffer and that that age it could mean the end of high level racing although I hope not. what will be their next race??

jens_attacks said:
istrian spring trophy overall:

1.Robert Vrecer Perutnina Ptuj 10:27:03 75 25
2. Radoslav Rogina Loborika Favorit Team 00:51 70 15
3. Mitja Mahoric Adria Mobil 00:57 65 10
------------------------------------------------------------------
11.Tadej Valjavec Team Manisaspor 01:41 40 -
--------------------------------------------------------------------
19.Michael Rasmussen Christina Watches-Onfone 01:53 24 -

not very bad if you ask me...
Not very bad? Four Rabo Continental guys finished ahead of him on GC. This doesn't scream "invite me to your race! I'm back!"

And so?
For a former polka-dot jersey winner, being beaten by Vrecer, Mahoric, Rogina etc. (and 15 others) with almost 2 minutes just isn't good enough. While I think that the Slovenes and Croats are better than normally given credit for, on this level of racing the "old" MR would have contested the win even in preparation mode.
And while it is a season highlight for the local racers (making them go harder), the Rabo boys don't peak just for this - just like MR, their targets are further down the road.

I'll be very surprised if Christina Watches gets invited to any X.1 races that suit MR. Some BeNeLux summer races (where the ex-Designa guys have contacts) aren't exactly his specialty...

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
In danish media, MR has said that overall the team was satisfied with the results of their first race. He also said that he was slightly dissapointed with his own performance saturday, but it wasn't much worse than he expected. He claims that his early season shape always is rather bad, and this year all the administrative work with the new team hasn't helped. Also he is aiming at peaking in the races that can help qualify the team for the Tour of Denmark. So apparently we're not supposed to be reading too much into the results *shrugs*

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ney the Viking said:
In danish media, MR has said that overall the team was satisfied with the results of their first race. He also said that he was slightly dissapointed with his own performance saturday, but it wasn't much worse than he expected. He claims that his early season shape always is rather bad, and this year all the administrative work with the new team hasn't helped. Also he is aiming at peaking in the races that can help qualify the team for the Tour of Denmark. So apparently we're not supposed to be reading too much into the results *shrugs*

final gc last year san luis in january...

1 Vincenzo Nibali (ita) Liquigas - Diomo
2 Jose Serpa Perez (col) Androni Giocattoli
3 Rafael Valls Ferri (esp) Footon - Servetto
4 Andres Ignacio Pereyra (arg)
5 Santiago Botero Echeverry (col)
6 Jackson Rodriguez Ortiz (ven) Androni Giocattoli
7 Jorge Giacinti (arg) Scott - Marcondes Cesar - SJC
8 Michael Rasmussen (den) Miche - Silvercross - Selle Italia
9 Arnoldo Alcolea Nunez (cub)
10 Carlos Ochoa (ven) Androni Giocattoli

and why would he want to ride tour of denmark?? there are no mountains there. he should rather race portugal

He should look at the Vuelta a Asturias. Race needs a bit of a financial leg-up, position after the Ardennes Classics means a lot of the big teams aren't interested, Portuguese teams tend to do pretty well there as it's one of the few races outside their homeland that they go to, race suits him, and as relatively few teams do it they may be ecstatic to have some outside interest and a recognisable big name - plus they haven't got too much fear of the dubious names at the race, what with the last decade's worth of winners:

2001 - José Carlos Domínguez
2002 - Leonardo Piepoli
2003 - Fabian Jeker
2004 - Iban Mayo
2005 - Adolfo García Quesada
2006 - Óscar Sevilla
2007 - Koldo Gil
2008 - Ángel Vicioso
2009 - Paco Mancebo
2010 - Constantino Zaballa

2011 - Michael Rasmussen would really feel like it fits in.

Ryo Hazuki said:
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=38037

christina wathces want to ride giro 2012. man this team is becoming more of a joke every day. have they even raced since istrian trophy?? and are they even going to race more uci categorized races instead of danish criteriums?
"He's also aware that they would need to strengthen the team roster with five foreigners of Angelo Furlan's level"

HAHAHAHA

furlant.jpg

So Schmitz, Vangenechten, Muravyev, Boivin and Mahoric might be on their way to Christina Watches? If that's true, I'm sure Zomegnan will keep a close watch on this team. They look like a genuine threat and might even be able to perform better than Team Pegasus and Team Type 1, to name but a few teams that have already proven their worth in the big races.

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=38037

christina wathces want to ride giro 2012. man this team is becoming more of a joke every day. have they even raced since istrian trophy?? and are they even going to race more uci categorized races instead of danish criteriums?

I doubt the lack of racing the big races is because they dont WANT to :rolleyes: They aim for the Tour of Denmark this year due to contract reasons, that much should be obvious by now. The Giro talk may seem stupid, but it is also marketing. They tell the reace organisers that they want more and that they have ambitions, maybe it will give them more invites, maybe not.

I for once find it refreshing that some of the small teams actually talk about ambition and want to be big. It's like it isn't allowed or something. :confused:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ney the Viking said:
I doubt the lack of racing the big races is because they dont WANT to :rolleyes: They aim for the Tour of Denmark this year due to contract reasons, that much should be obvious by now. The Giro talk may seem stupid, but it is also marketing. They tell the reace organisers that they want more and that they have ambitions, maybe it will give them more invites, maybe not.

I for once find it refreshing that some of the small teams actually talk about ambition and want to be big. It's like it isn't allowed or something. :confused:

what the hell is refreshing about that?? skil has been doing that since theyr rode the tour 2009 and it's getting pathetic.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pantani_lives said:
He's in a vicious circle. He can't have results if he's not allowed to start, and he's not allowed to start if he doesn't have results. The UCI is simply making it impossible for him to come back.

rasmussen has himself to blame. last year he rode at miche who ride great races but also got in a fight there with the manager and was fired. schumacher is keeping his mouth shut and racring everything miche can and trying to proove his level again to get to a bigger team next year

TRENDING THREADS